Wikiposts

DCF Sydney

Old Apr 1st 2001, 3:04 pm
Teri Young

Well all................we have made it thru Sydney.....and passed with flying
colors. Geoff and I were married in a beautiful setting on board a boat that cruised
the Yarra River in Melbourne Australia on the 17th of March. Sydney is not always
easy......and we hit a few interesting facts that I wanted to share........we were
scheduled for 10:30am.............and so was everyone else.......and we arrived
(dressed in business attire) 45 prior......and were actually seen at
12:15pm............what a wait!!!!!!!!!!!

We met another couple there and spent the time chatting with them......the only nasty
one was the cashier...........but the meeting went well......you only chat with a
person thru bullet proof glass......and talk on a microphone .........how PUBLIC!!!!!

I really do feel just being "educated" about the process helped more than
anything........as the consulate person we worked with literally tried to "trip" you
up with things, but beause we could answer, she relaxed and we were able to continue
the process a little more relaxed as at that point, she even relaxed and smiled a
bit..............they never even said you were given the visa...............but told
to just pay the processing fees........and for reference.......THERE ARE NO BATHROOMS
ON THE INS LEVEL THAT THE PUBLIC IS ALLOWED TO USE................and ok ok ok we
sweated out the mess......but hey..........we paid a hell of a lot for
that............at least they can give us a bathroom!!!! and my hubby says a place to
smoke a fag or two........or ten............LOL

Well we are back home here in Florida after a wonderful Aussie honeymoon..........if
anyone has questions.............we are happy to answer.......please email us *S*

Teri and Geoff *S* USA!!!!!!!! wooooooooohooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 1st 2001, 3:09 pm
Betastar

>
    >

Ugh. An unfortunate choice of phrases

>
    >

Congratulations, you two! Good to see you're safe-and-sound in the US. =)

Betastar glad to see some tides turning around here lately with approvals and such.