DCF Sydney

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 2:19 am
Just Joined

RBurlinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF Sydney

Does anyone know about how long it will take for the entire process? Im filing for a Spousal visa via DCF in Sydney. Im assuming Perth doesnt do it. Texas is going much too slow, so were going to Sydney (were already married, we did it here in NM on a K-1 Visa and he does not want to do the adjustment of status here) and I'm going to take a few classes to try and pass the time. I just cant get any processing times at all. I was told its faster this way. Is that true? I feel like im going to AU blindly, for all I know it may take as long as the Texas service center... Im worried about it.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

aussieinor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF Sydney

Are you guys together now or is he in Australia waiting to be with you? You mentioned you already did the K-1 visa and got married so you are together in the US now? If so, why would you want to jeopardize being together and DCF in Sydney? You are already together. I am in Sydney and waiting for K1. We may withdraw and DCF when she comes to visit around Christmas and do a civil ceremony.

I guess I don't understand why you would DCF if you are already married and together. Please expand,
Thanks,
Aussieinor

Originally posted by RBurlinson
Does anyone know about how long it will take for the entire process? Im filing for a Spousal visa via DCF in Sydney. Im assuming Perth doesnt do it. Texas is going much too slow, so were going to Sydney (were already married, we did it here in NM on a K-1 Visa and he does not want to do the adjustment of status here) and I'm going to take a few classes to try and pass the time. I just cant get any processing times at all. I was told its faster this way. Is that true? I feel like im going to AU blindly, for all I know it may take as long as the Texas service center... Im worried about it.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 2:54 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by aussieinor
Are you guys together now or is he in Australia waiting to be with you? You mentioned you already did the K-1 visa and got married so you are together in the US now? If so, why would you want to jeopardize being together and DCF in Sydney? You are already together. I am in Sydney and waiting for K1. We may withdraw and DCF when she comes to visit around Christmas and do a civil ceremony.

I guess I don't understand why you would DCF if you are already married and together. Please expand,
Thanks,
Aussieinor
I am going to reside temporarily with him in Perth AU so he can finish up a high paying job and spend some time with his family. We get this alot, but its a person preference he has and even though my reaction was alot like yours... alot... lol.. Im trying to do whats right by him so he can get his green card sooner and be able to travel to and from Australia. Yes were in the US together now but were leaving soon.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 3:59 am
Sean Hedges

Try this link for info on DCF ...

http://k1.exit.com/dcf.html

"RBurlinson" <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know about how long it will take for the entire process? Im
    > filing for a Spousal visa via DCF in Sydney. Im assuming Perth doesnt do
    > it. Texas is going much too slow, so were going to Sydney (were already
    > married, we did it here in NM on a K-1 Visa and he does not want to do
    > the adjustment of status here) and I'm going to take a few classes to
    > try and pass the time. I just cant get any processing times at all. I
    > was told its faster this way. Is that true? I feel like im going to AU
    > blindly, for all I know it may take as long as the Texas service
    > center... Im worried about it.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Do a google search of this NG for threads by Desusa, Surfsbabe and others for info. Most Oz-US couples appear to have had great success with DCF - far less time than any other process. My (now) husband and I did K-1, but I was coming out of CSC, which was significantly faster than TSC and NSC on average. Even then, I was highly tempted to abandon it when there was a stoppage at CSC and go DCF.

Perth no longer does any marriage-based visa processing (would have saved my hubby a cross-Australia flight if it were - he's still steamed about that ROFL). Everything is done out of Sydney.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Default so.

Thanks everyne So one has any clue about the current processing time? I leave in 2 weeks... ah lol I've read it takes from 1 week-4 months. Is this true? Is anyone doing DCF in Sydney now?
Old Oct 6th 2003, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: so.

Thanks everyne So one has any clue about the current processing time? I leave in 2 weeks... ah lol I've read it takes from 1 week-4 months. Is this true? Is anyone doing DCF in Sydney now?
I would call the consulate and inquire with them. They are the ones you will deal with. Ther seems to be a persuasive opposition to contacting the "officials" that
I don't understand.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Oh believe me I have tried calling the consulate. You must do everything by mail or fax.. I dont have a fax machine :/
Old Oct 7th 2003, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

desusa is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to work within their rules with the fax/ mail requirement when asking questions. They only require you to mail/fax your enquiries when you are asking case specific questions. This doesn't mean you can't call and ask a hypothetical question without referring to your specific case. Just make sure you don't identify yourself or give them the impression you have a case pending with them (which I don't think you do anyway, right?). You can ask all you want about the DCF process on the information line as long as you get someone who actually knows enough about it to answer your questions. Refer to it as a spousal visa or CR1 visa that will be processed entirely in Australia, don't bother using the term DCF in case they don't know what you are referring to. You can definitely go ahead with the DCF even at the stage you are at with the K1 visa. (See my email to you).

IMHO, DCF is preferable than doing the K1/ then adjustment of status as it puts you way ahead right from the beginning. I am relieved that I scrapped the AOS in the US and did DCF every time it comes to mind. I wish we had of just done it that way the first time but it just wasn't convenient for my husband to come to Australia at the time. The K1 got me over there, married and with him for 8 months until we were able to get back to Australia and do DCF, although it wasn't planned that way at the beginning. What a waste of AOS filing fees!!

Anyway, good luck!

Susan
Old Oct 7th 2003, 3:57 am
YIPPEEEEEEEEE :)

hwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant future
Default Talking to someone in Sydney??? HAHAHA

Oh believe me I have tried calling the consulate. You must do everything by mail or fax.. I dont have a fax machine :/

The worst part about dealing with Sydney is the fact you can't talk to anyone and it takes so much time to write back and forth - grrrrrrrr........other than that, they are pretty quick to get family based visa's in and out - unless you have an overstay like me
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

aussieinor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time frame

I believe it takes around 1 1/2 months to file DCF in Sydney at the moment. They are much faster and I'd recommend it. My fiance is coming out here (Sydney) for New Years and we may get married while she's here and file DCF then.
Aussie
Old Oct 10th 2003, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

alibumblebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Just wondering, on the day of the interview did you show them your actual marriage certificate?

Its just that i think our marriage cert. wont b sent out in time for our scheduled interview and the only thing we will have as proof of a legal marriage will be whatever the celebrant at the Marriage Registry gives to us.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

surfsbabe will become famous soon enough

If you are being married at the registry office you should contact them in advance and tell them you need the certificate immediately for your interview at the consulate. Here in Melbourne they will either give it to you the same day or the next morning depending on the time of the marriage as long as they know ahead of time. I imagine it is probably similar in other states.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

alibumblebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Do u know a place in melbourne that takes good ADIT pictures?

Initially we are only having a small wedding like 10 guests or so. No big reception etc. We will be doing that whole big reception thing later on in the following year when we have a bit more money saved up.

Does the Sydney Consulate look down on that? Do you know if they demand lots of wedding pictures?