Reload this Page >

DCF: Successful interview

Wikiposts

DCF: Successful interview

Old Oct 17th 2003, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

cuore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF: Successful interview

Yes finally my husband has the visa and I am sooooo happy. Now it will be just a matter of time until he comes here.
Finally free from dealing with bcis (being constanlty in stress and the embassy.
Briefly this is how everything went. I filed the I130 1 1/2 years ago when I was a permanent resident. It was going to take another 6 months for the approval of the petition and also 6 other ones until the day that we would have gotten the visa. After reading here at britishexpats about dcf I decided to try this route as soon as I got my citizenship. So I withdrew my application at NSC, it was a hopeless case. I naturalized at the end of July 2003, got my passport in 3 days (expedited) and flew back to my country at the beginning of august. I filed the petition through the consulate and I was told that the process was 4-5 months. Since we send everything within three days from the filing of the petition the process was done only in 2 months, and "il mio amore, la mia anima" finally did his interview and got the visa. The only three questions that they asked were: Where did you meet for the first time? Did you kiss her? and Where did you kiss her? They had given him some trouble with the taxes and the sponsorization...supposedly my I864 was not correct. Of course it was not, because I didn't meet the required amount they needed, and that's why my father became my co-sponsor. But apparently they had told my sweety that my application was wrong...talk about reading and understanding the co-sponsor part Also about my father's application they needed my mother to also sign the affidavit. That is strange because if I wanted to have my mother as a co-sponsor she had to fill a different I864 and sign that one, not the affidavit from my father. Well, anyways I don't think they were very clear about the sponsorization and the application itself, but the important thing is that they issued the visa (since my father fulfilled the required income they needed).
I am thankful to meauxna, (she really helped me at first about understanding the dcf process) and to everyone else in this forum who have shared their experiences of dcf.
Thank you again, you have been really helpful.
And to my shpirti Ti amo amore mio, vita mia, sei il mio tesoro.
Old Oct 18th 2003, 3:50 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF: Successful interview

Originally posted by cuore
Yes finally my husband has the visa and I am sooooo happy. Now it will be just a matter of time until he comes here.
Finally free from dealing with bcis (being constanlty in stress and the embassy.
Big congrats, cuore! Glad to see your case come to fruition...you waited a long time and took a good solution!
best,
mo
Old Oct 18th 2003, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

AgnesOfGod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cuore
Briefly this is how everything went. I filed the I130 1 1/2 years ago when I was a permanent resident. It was going to take another 6 months for the approval of the petition and also 6 other ones until the day that we would have gotten the visa. After reading here at britishexpats about dcf I decided to try this route as soon as I got my citizenship. So I withdrew my application at NSC, it was a hopeless case. I naturalized at the end of July 2003, got my passport in 3 days (expedited) and flew back to my country at the beginning of august. I filed the petition through the consulate and I was told that the process was 4-5 months. Since we send everything within three days from the filing of the petition the process was done only in 2 months, and "il mio amore, la mia anima" finally did his interview and got the visa. The only three questions that they asked were: Where did you meet for the first time? Did you kiss her? and Where did you kiss her? They had given him some trouble with the taxes and the sponsorization...supposedly my I864 was not correct. Of course it was not, because I didn't meet the required amount they needed, and that's why my father became my co-sponsor. But apparently they had told my sweety that my application was wrong...talk about reading and understanding the co-sponsor part Also about my father's application they needed my mother to also sign the affidavit. That is strange because if I wanted to have my mother as a co-sponsor she had to fill a different I864 and sign that one, not the affidavit from my father. Well, anyways I don't think they were very clear about the sponsorization and the application itself, but the important thing is that they issued the visa (since my father fulfilled the required income they needed).
I am thankful to meauxna, (she really helped me at first about understanding the dcf process) and to everyone else in this forum who have shared their experiences of dcf.
Thank you again, you have been really helpful.
And to my shpirti Ti amo amore mio, vita mia, sei il mio tesoro.
DCF? hows that? direct consular filing?...anyway, congrats to you
Old Oct 19th 2003, 4:21 am
Just Joined

cuore is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you mo and AgnesOfGod.
And yes it is direct consular filing, which in my case took only 2 months from the day we filed to the day of the interview.
Old Oct 19th 2003, 4:35 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Congrats!

CONGRATS!!!
Old Oct 19th 2003, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.......