Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF self-addressed stamped envelope ???

Wikiposts

DCF self-addressed stamped envelope ???

Old Jul 11th 2010, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Deeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud of
Default DCF self-addressed stamped envelope ???

I mailed in our I-130 paperwork 2 weeks ago, including the required self-addressed stamped envelope. The envelope came back on Friday, enclosed was our two passport-style photos. ??? What usually comes in the envelope?

I also received an email saying my petition was recieved. And my credit card has been billed the $355.

Thank you for any replies!!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 12:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF self-addressed stamped envelope ???

Originally Posted by Deeks
I mailed in our I-130 paperwork 2 weeks ago, including the required self-addressed stamped envelope. The envelope came back on Friday, enclosed was our two passport-style photos. ??? What usually comes in the envelope?

I also received an email saying my petition was recieved. And my credit card has been billed the $355.

Thank you for any replies!!
Payment being taken out is a good sign that the I-130 has been approved. But you won't receive an approval notice.

Rene
Old Jul 12th 2010, 2:55 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Not necessarily. The processing fee has to be paid whether or not the petition is approved.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Payment being taken out is a good sign that the I-130 has been approved.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Lucy NY is an unknown quantity at this point

Sugar - I didnt send a self addressed envelope for mine I didnt see anywhere in the instructions to say you need to send one

At least if yor payment has been recieved and processed, things are moving in the right direction for you
Old Jul 12th 2010, 3:47 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Not necessarily. The processing fee has to be paid whether or not the petition is approved.

Regards, JEff
In DCF cases, we've seen that if they determine that the USC isn't qualified to submit the I-130 directly, they return everything (including the fee), with instructions to file in the USA.

We've seen with DCF cases, that acceptance of payment = acceptance of I-130. Usually.

Rene
Old Jul 12th 2010, 4:31 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Acceptance yes, approval not necessarily.

But then, how many I-130 petitions do not get approved? Whether processed by DCF or by a USCIS Service Center?

So I guess I stand corrected - the odds are good that if a petition is accepted for processing it's likely to be approved.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
In DCF cases, we've seen that if they determine that the USC isn't qualified to submit the I-130 directly, they return everything (including the fee), with instructions to file in the USA.

We've seen with DCF cases, that acceptance of payment = acceptance of I-130. Usually.

Rene
Old Jul 12th 2010, 5:54 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucy NY
Sugar - I didnt send a self addressed envelope for mine I didnt see anywhere in the instructions to say you need to send one
You and the OP are filing different kinds of cases.... worry not.

Deeks, IMO, London asks for the envelope so they can return 'extra' things they do not want. I don't know why they didn't want your photos, but taking payment means the I-130 has been accepted for processing.
If the USC needs to leave the UK, they are now free to do so.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Deeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud of

Thank you SOOO much!! You've calmed my worries.