DCF question

Old Jun 18th 2002, 2:20 am
Carl

Default DCF question

When you file an I-130 directly at a consulate, at what point do you hand over all
the checklist documentation to them, at the final interview or when you submit the
DS-230 part I? Or is this another case of "It depends on the consulate".

Carl

Old Jun 18th 2002, 2:20 am
L D Jones

Default Re: DCF question

Carl wrote:
    >
    > When you file an I-130 directly at a consulate, at what point do you hand over all
    > the checklist documentation to them, at the final interview or when you submit the
    > DS-230 part I? Or is this another case of "It depends on the consulate".

It depends on the consulate. Some only accept most documents by post until the
interview (London) while in others one can hand-carry almost all the documentation to
the consulate the day of the interview.

Old Jun 18th 2002, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

jcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant future
Default Re: DCF question

The consulate in Johannesburg let us file all our packet 3 paperwork the same day we got the initial approval of our I-130.
I'd start gathering everything you need now, just in case you luck out like we did. It took a mere 34 days from initial application to visa approval....Good luck. Jerry and Paula