Wikiposts

DCF at New Delhi

Old Jun 10th 2004, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

gdas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF at New Delhi

Few questions --

1. Does New Delhi accept DCF of I-130 petitions on all 5 days (Monday - Friday) of the week ? Or does it accept them on specific days during the week ?

2. Do they entertain a specific number of applications per day on a first come first served basis ? Do we need to submit our I-130 by a certain time (say 9AM - 12Noon) during the day to be considered on that day ??

3. I read somewhere that there is a banking facility available inside the complex. So, one does not need to worry about going elsewhere to make drafts. Is that true ?

4. Do they accept cash in Indian rupees or US dollars for application fees ?

Thanks.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

SundarV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF at New Delhi

Originally posted by gdas
Few questions --

1. Does New Delhi accept DCF of I-130 petitions on all 5 days (Monday - Friday) of the week ? Or does it accept them on specific days during the week ?
{they do accept all five days. But they won't accept applications for visiting US citizens after July 1}

2. Do they entertain a specific number of applications per day on a first come first served basis ? Do we need to submit our I-130 by a certain time (say 9AM - 12Noon) during the day to be considered on that day ??

{There is no quota, but first come first served basis. I would advise to go early}

3. I read somewhere that there is a banking facility available inside the complex. So, one does not need to worry about going elsewhere to make drafts. Is that true ?

{Do not know, see below. Carry some dollar cash. The fees was $185 in May}

{They accept dollars and rupees. But they do not accept Rs 500 notes}
Thanks.
see my answers in {}

Sundar
Old Jun 11th 2004, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

ajayd is an unknown quantity at this point

Few questions --

Thanks.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

From July 1st you have have to be in India for more than 60 days in order to do the DCF
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by SundarV
see my answers in {}

Sundar

Thanks Sundar. Very helpful information. Appreciate it.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ajayd
From July 1st you have have to be in India for more than 60 days in order to do the DCF

Hi Ajay,

Thanks.

I know about this new rule coming into effect from July 01. I received a two page fax from DHS in US Embassy, New Delhi containing announcement of this new rule. I've mentioned about it in another earlier posting.

It may sound crazy, but, I'm attempting an almost impossible task. My swearing-in ceremony is on June 23. I'm trying to be in Delhi on or before June 30. So, that means I've to do the following in about 3 business days - (a) Obtain US Passport (b) Obtain a visa to visit India

To add to that, this is the peak travel season. So, even getting a reservation will be challenging.

So, from the face of it, the whole thing looks almost impossible and I'm racing against time. But I'll give it a try. And if I can beat the time, we can eliminate almost 4 months of additional wait period.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

All the Best!!.. This K-3 route is pretty painful... Hopefully u will be able to be there on time.

-Ajay
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

SundarV is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ajay,

So, from the face of it, the whole thing looks almost impossible and I'm racing against time. But I'll give it a try. And if I can beat the time, we can eliminate almost 4 months of additional wait period.

You can get passport same day if you go in person and apply in some of the regional passport agency. But you have to make appointment before hand.

Find which agency is near you. You can get same day visa for India if you apply in person. So you may want to look into that one too.

Wishing you the best

Sundar
Old Jun 11th 2004, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

All the Best!!.. This K-3 route is pretty painful... Hopefully u will be able to be there on time.

-Ajay

Thanks Ajay. I need all the wishes I can get. You are right. K3 route is pretty painful. That's precisely the reason I'm making an attempt to see if I can do a DCF. But before that, I've quite a few puzzles to solve before I can get to Delhi on time. Even if I can get to Delhi on time, my petition may well be declined by the consular officer. Who knows !! I don't know the success rate of DCF at New Delhi. But I'll make an attempt to take that chance.

Now that your I-129F has been approved, I hope it is just question of another month or so before the K3 visa interview is scheduled. Right ? Good luck to you and yours. Hang in there.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

You can get passport same day if you go in person and apply in some of the regional passport agency. But you have to make appointment before hand.

Find which agency is near you. You can get same day visa for India if you apply in person. So you may want to look into that one too.

Wishing you the best

Sundar
Thanks Sundar for your wishes. You are right. I checked with Indian consulate here in San Francisco. I was told that the visa can be issued on the same day if I go there personally. They even issue visas during weekends and on holidays, for an additional fee, if there is an emergency. So, it is very comforting to know that.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Ajay. I need all the wishes I can get. You are right. K3 route is pretty painful. That's precisely the reason I'm making an attempt to see if I can do a DCF. But before that, I've quite a few puzzles to solve before I can get to Delhi on time. Even if I can get to Delhi on time, my petition may well be declined by the consular officer. Who knows !! I don't know the success rate of DCF at New Delhi. But I'll make an attempt to take that chance.

Now that your I-129F has been approved, I hope it is just question of another month or so before the K3 visa interview is scheduled. Right ? Good luck to you and yours. Hang in there.

Well if your wedding was done in Traditional way then there shouldnt be problem. Take ur wedding album there. If it was registered then they might be problem. I have heard that they declined becuase its wasnt done in traditional way.

Good luck!

-Ajay
Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Wishing you the best

Sundar
Hi Sundar,
Which consulate your dealing with?
Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Well if your wedding was done in Traditional way then there shouldnt be problem. Take ur wedding album there. If it was registered then they might be problem. I have heard that they declined becuase its wasnt done in traditional way.

Good luck!

-Ajay
Ajay - we got married at Aryasamaj following their rituals. I don't know if they consider Aryasamaj marriage to be traditional. We do have lots of pictures from the wedding which look very jazzy with colorful clothings, garlands and what not - just like all Indian marriage pictures do. I'll remember to carry the photo album with us. Do they keep some photographs as documental evidence ? Should I attach some marriage pictures with the application or just show them the album ?

Later on, we got our marriage registered and got the marriage certificate signed by the Registrar & District Magistrate. I hope that this certificate is acceptable. We do have a marriage certificate issued by Aryasamaj as well.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Ajay - we got married at Aryasamaj following their rituals. I don't know if they consider Aryasamaj marriage to be traditional. We do have lots of pictures from the wedding which look very jazzy with colorful clothings, garlands and what not - just like all Indian marriage pictures do. I'll remember to carry the photo album with us. Do they keep some photographs as documental evidence ? Should I attach some marriage pictures with the application or just show them the album ?

Later on, we got our marriage registered and got the marriage certificate signed by the Registrar & District Magistrate. I hope that this certificate is acceptable. We do have a marriage certificate issued by Aryasamaj as well.
I think it should be good enough. They might take some pictures for the evidence I have read it on some posts.

Also ur marriage certf Should be good enough as long as its in English if its not then u need to translate it and take the translated vertsion along with the original version. Same goes for ur wife's birthcertificate.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

I think it should be good enough. They might take some pictures for the evidence I have read it on some posts.

Also ur marriage certf Should be good enough as long as its in English if its not then u need to translate it and take the translated vertsion along with the original version. Same goes for ur wife's birthcertificate.
The marriage certificate is in English. Thank God....one less thing to worry about.

I just checked the fax I received from DHS - it does say to include wedding pictures alongwith the application. So, obviously they will keep the pictures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.