DCF: Medical Timing

Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

MovingtoNewYork is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF: Medical Timing

This is a follow up from this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...53#post9159753

Hello all.

I cannot believe that the last time I was here was the 16th September.

So as already established above, I am sending off the relevant forms shortly to short out my interview.

I'm wondering if you can tell me how far in advance the medical has to be? I have a week off in two weeks and was hoping to schedule the medical for then. I expect the interview to be in April.

Ideally:

1. Have the medical in two weeks.
2. Send off the forms at the beginning of match.
3. Have my interview in mid April.

Is this possible?

Thanks again in advance.

Steven.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Timing

They won't schedule your interview until you've completed your medical. It takes about 4 days (maybe a week) for them to get the results of your medical. So if you have your medical at the end of February, they receive the results by early March, I think it's possible to have an interview by mid-April, yes.

Rene
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

MovingtoNewYork is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Timing

Nice to talk to you again Rene.

I hope you are well.

Just to clarify.

I'm only sending them:

Form DS-2001
Form DS-230

The rest of them are brought to the interview?
Old Feb 8th 2011, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

hydrasoul is just really nicehydrasoul is just really nicehydrasoul is just really nicehydrasoul is just really nicehydrasoul is just really nicehydrasoul is just really nicehydrasoul is just really nicehydrasoul is just really nice
Default Re: DCF: Medical Timing

i believe you send back;

DS 2001
DS-230 Part I (pages 1-2)

and then DS-230 Part II (pages 3-4) are brought along to the interview.
thanks
Old Feb 9th 2011, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

shayward is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF: Medical Timing

Hi Steve,

I am doing pretty much the same as you.

I've got my medical on the 18th of Feb, but I sent of my forms 2001/230 on Monday. It says to send them with a covering letter with your intended date of travel and the date of your medical.

Fingers crossed we get an interview in mid april(or earlier) as i put down our intended date of travel as the 29th of April.

Cheers