Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF Madrid - no longer for residents only!!!

Wikiposts

DCF Madrid - no longer for residents only!!!

Old Dec 1st 2004, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

switiksangel is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up DCF Madrid - no longer for residents only!!!

Today my USC Husband and I went to the US embassy here in Madrid. Although our intention was to inquire about what documents he may require, He is to go back to the states to get his residence visa next week and we figured better safe than sorry, and ask what he may bring back with him that could later be asked for. She offered to give us the Form I-130, told her I had it ready, we were told that we could submit the form I had brought with me (Girlscout, always ready).

We had prepared the I-130 and the biographical forms for each of us the night before. She the said that the biographical forms (number evades me at the moment) was a requirement of INS and was not required by them. We had also learned from the lady at the window, that the USC no longer needed to be a resident and she accepted his application.

She then asked us to pay for the form and get back to her. We paid in US $185. then she asked us to have a sit and wait for an interview.

The consul who interviewed us was really pleasant, even the lady in window 16 for immigration. He actually answered more of our questions than him asking any. Just if my husband was sure he wanted to bring me back with him, in a jestful manner.

He said the application was approved and that most likely interview would be in early January. This threw me off a bit as I didnt expect it to happen so quickly, basing it on Renees post a few months back.

Since I dont have ALL documents ready I forsee us getting the visa sometime february.

TIMELINE:

DCF Madrid

12/1/2004 - Filled I-130
12/1/2004 - Initial Interview
12/1/2004 - I-130 Approved
12/1/2004 - Recieved Packet 3
Paperwork trail begins.

Jan 2005 - Projected Interview date according to Consul if I had all paperwork complete. However, as we all know, interview dates may be requested sooner.

There was even a couple there who had filled that same morning and had gone thru the whole rigamarole and left with their interview date.

So those who wished for this, you got it, you can now file thru Madrid without the USC being a resident.

something noteworthy though is that, this happened right about the time when the Ambassador had left his post. AT this posting, the new ambassador hasnt taken his post yet and may change the requirements back to residency.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 4:52 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF Madrid - no longer for residents only!!!

Originally Posted by switiksangel
something noteworthy though is that, this happened right about the time when the Ambassador had left his post. AT this posting, the new ambassador hasnt taken his post yet and may change the requirements back to residency.
Awesome news and proof of the value of stick-to-it-ness! It's always, always worth it to be in touch with your local Consulate.
Good on ya & we'll be eager to read your further reports!
Old Dec 1st 2004, 5:36 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news. I went through the Madrid consulate for my K1 and I'm a huge fan of them.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 3:14 pm
Bruce

sibsie <member17406@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected] om>...
    > > Awesome news and proof of the value of stick-to-it-ness! It's always,
    > > always worth it to be in touch with your local Consulate.
    > > Good on ya & we'll be eager to read your further reports!
    >
    > That's great news. I went through the Madrid consulate for my K1 and
    > I'm a huge fan of them.
Its been this way for some time as my wife and I filed through the
Barcelona Consulate almost 2 years ago. And it was only 5 weeks total.

Bruce Y Erika