Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF London - today's interview

Wikiposts

DCF London - today's interview

Old May 14th 2008, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Pandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud ofPandajuice has much to be proud of
Default Re: DCF London - today's interview

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I have read posts where people managed to get their medical and interview on the same day in London. However, since it takes a few days to get the results from the medical, the embassy could not approve the visa that day. They had to wait for the medical results, then approve the visa and send it out.

If you don't mind waiting a while longer after the interview, you can try for the medical on the same day as the interview.

Rene
I wouldn't mind that at all. Waiting a few extra days to save an extra trip to London sounds good to me. Thanks guys!
Old May 14th 2008, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah this is what I am planning.

I plan to have the medical on the same day of or on the afternoon before the visa interview. Travel to London morning of day 1, have medical, stay over, interview morning of day 2, then travel back.
Old May 24th 2008, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Targaff is just really niceTargaff is just really niceTargaff is just really niceTargaff is just really niceTargaff is just really niceTargaff is just really niceTargaff is just really niceTargaff is just really nice

Originally Posted by cuckoofrommars
Like you, I had a green card previously - any chance they use your A-number as your case number for the new application?
Got my passport back today (it was actually issued a week back, but I had them send it to my parents'), so I can now give this with a definitive answer: "No". You're assigned a new "Registration number", which on the visa itself isn't preceded by an A, meaning I had to compare it to the Packet to work out which was the right number. There is then an annotation at the bottom of the visa reading:
212(g)(s)(B)
PREVIOUS LPR Axx xxx xxx
So there is a record of your old number, but it's not used for the new visa.

(Which Act is that section from, incidentally? Wouldn't mind seeing what it says...)

Last edited by Targaff; May 24th 2008 at 10:38 am.
Old May 24th 2008, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Targaff
(Which Act is that section from, incidentally? Wouldn't mind seeing what it says...)
That would be the INA - Immigration and Naturalization Act.

Ian
Old May 24th 2008, 4:37 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
That would be the INA - Immigration and Naturalization Act.

Ian
Light reading for a sunday
http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVA...b0686648558dbe
Old May 24th 2008, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Targaff is just really niceTargaff is just really niceTargaff is just really niceTargaff is just really niceTargaff is just really niceTargaff is just really niceTargaff is just really niceTargaff is just really nice

No kidding.

Anyhow, that particular point relates to vaccination waivers. On the vaccination worksheet they ticked "vaccination history incomplete" and "may be entitled to a waiver", and when I asked about it they said that's standard; which fits somewhat to my last experience. I imagine it crops up a lot on these visas, then.

So nothing of much interest.
Old May 25th 2008, 6:13 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Targaff
No kidding.

Anyhow, that particular point relates to vaccination waivers. On the vaccination worksheet they ticked "vaccination history incomplete" and "may be entitled to a waiver", and when I asked about it they said that's standard; which fits somewhat to my last experience. I imagine it crops up a lot on these visas, then.

So nothing of much interest.
well, a night of extensive research shows that it's for either (1) Class A mental waiver (2) Tuberculosis or (3) Leprosy.

Notice any funny itching?
Old May 25th 2008, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

allstar is an unknown quantity at this point

Great original post Targaff, esp I-864 points (echoing others above)!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
well, a night of extensive research shows that it's for either (1) Class A mental waiver (2) Tuberculosis or (3) Leprosy.
Well some would say I'm mental for doing this not once but twice...

Anyhow, a quick story relating to the different A numbers mentioned above: we flew into ATL on 28 May, primary processing was fine - I went through the residents' line as I was with my USC family - and then after picking up the luggage we went through to secondary. ATL's secondary, incidentally, is currently in need of some serious TLC; it's just an area near the agricultural inspection area that's cordoned off solely by the seats you sit on, and the structural pillars have been stripped bare. I asked about the secondary processing area that was there last time I went through and they told me it was "being used for other purposes".

I handed over my passport and packet and sat down to wait. It took perhaps 20-30 minutes before I was called up, and after saying hi the first thing the immigration officer said was "So I've looked through your documents and I can't see anything about your divorce..." Once I explained our background it took less than 5 minutes to get the rest done, but the officer explained to me that what had thrown her was the fact that they'd assigned a new A number this time around - she said London Embassy could've just used my original A number and it would've helped her understand the situation better.

So there you go; apparently there's no proper consensus about the use of A numbers in situations like this, and what you get may well depend on the Embassy.