DCF- London - Timeline so far

DCF- London - Timeline so far

Old Jul 6th 2007, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Loversdream is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF- London - Timeline so far

Mailed I-130 - May 10th
Received NOA - July 4th (nice date)
Received Packet 3 - July 6th (Today - Filling in forms this weekend)

Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF- London - Timeline so far

Originally Posted by Loversdream
Mailed I-130 - May 10th
Received Packet 3 - July 6th (Today - Filling in forms this weekend)

Congrats, and bgest wishes for a speedy interview date! (if that's what you're after )
Old Jul 8th 2007, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Thank you very much
Old Jul 9th 2007, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

In my Packet 3, I was instructed to arrange an appointment for the medical in London to save time (It is valid for 1 year).

So timeline now is:

Mailed I-130 - May 10th
Received Packet 3 - July 6th
Mailed DS-230 part 1 to Immigrant Visa Branch - July 9th (Special Delivery)
Application for Police Certificate sent July 9th
Medical Appointment for August 8th

Last edited by Loversdream; Jul 9th 2007 at 5:23 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Default Update ( DCF- London - Timeline so far)

Mailed I-130 - May 10th
Mailed DS-230 part 1 mailed to Immigrant Visa Branch - July 9th (Special Delivery)
Application for Police Certificate sent July 9th
DS-230 part 1 Received by Embassy July 10th
Received Police Certificate from Jersey CI, July 12th (Still waiting for UK)
Medical Appointment for August 8th
Old Jul 21st 2007, 11:08 am
Just Joined

slighty mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I have just been reading your timelines and they are quite close to ours, I paniced a bit when I saw the Embassy had recieved DS-230, did they send you a receipt or anything I sent ours off a couple of weeks ago and havent heard anything from them. I went for the medical in London yesterday and if you have any concerns lay them to rest the doctor there was lovely! Shame about the weather though did you see the floods!! As for the police certificates when they say 40 days to reply they sure mean it, mine is due on or before the 1st August, thats all Im waiting for then the interview date can be organised so each day is spent waiting for the post. Good luck with everything!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Sent it Special delivery slighty mad... I tracked it and got the electronic receipt from the royalmail.com website. Good luck with yours.

Last edited by Loversdream; Jul 22nd 2007 at 10:42 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:11 am
Just Joined

I so wish I would have thought of that it but I so in too much of a rush to get it sent off! I,ll know next time. Still waiting for the police certificate here, I hope yours doesnt take as long. I was kind of hoping to leave here and get my girls settled into school for the new term which starts 14th August but it looks like we,ll have to keep waiting.
Take care and let me know how you get on. Good luck!
Sally. Although slighty mad is what I have become since entering this whole K1 process.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Mailed I-130 - May 10th
Mailed DS-230 part 1 mailed to Immigrant Visa Branch - July 9th (Special Delivery)
Application for Police Certificate sent - July 9th
DS-230 part 1 Received by Embassy - July 10th
Received Police Certificate from Jersey CI - July 12th
Medical Appointment - August 8th (think I passed lol)
Received Police Certificate from Scotland Yard - August 11th

Ready to send checklist off wooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo

Last edited by Loversdream; Aug 14th 2007 at 4:22 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Ynara is an unknown quantity at this point

Mailed I-130 - May 10th
Application for Police Certificate sent - July 9th
DS-230 part 1 Received by Embassy - July 10th
Received Police Certificate from Jersey CI - July 12th
Medical Appointment - August 8th (think I passed lol)
Received Police Certificate from Scotland Yard - August 11th

Ready to send checklist off wooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo

Ooh, watching this with interest, we're about to send off I-130. The embassy website says they're taking 2 months to process that form, but no mention of the rest...
Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:36 am
Just Joined

I'm waiting for my interview in London which is on the 29th of this month. Have to say I'm in such a panic about it, I've checked that I have all the write paper work and documentation but if theres anything you think I may have forgot please let me know! I have all my hopes and dreams laying on this interview, I just want to be back with my finance.
I went out and got my wedding dress last week which seems strange considering I dont know if I'll be leaving soon, we havent even set a date just in case anything crops up!
Good luck and let me know how you get on with everything!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slighty mad
I'm waiting for my interview in London which is on the 29th of this month. Have to say I'm in such a panic about it, I've checked that I have all the write paper work and documentation but if theres anything you think I may have forgot please let me know! I have all my hopes and dreams laying on this interview, I just want to be back with my finance.
I went out and got my wedding dress last week which seems strange considering I dont know if I'll be leaving soon, we havent even set a date just in case anything crops up!
Good luck and let me know how you get on with everything!
It sounds as if you are going for a K-1 interview (instead of an immigrant visa interview like the others in this thread) but the "interview" is the same sort of experience for all these visa types---a bit of an anticlimax!
I suggest you google for some K-1/fiance visa interview experiences (or just search this group) so that you will NOT be in a panic about it.
I have a feeling it is nothing like what you are imagining.

Congrats, and have a great interview experience!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Ohhhhhhh now I have to get an ITIN number from the IRS (He called the IRS and they said I needed the ITIN number).... hubby has to file taxes before we send off the checklist... could take another 2-3 months before we can send it off.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Ynara is an unknown quantity at this point

Ohhhhhhh now I have to get an ITIN number from the IRS (He called the IRS and they said I needed the ITIN number).... hubby has to file taxes before we send off the checklist... could take another 2-3 months before we can send it off.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Loversdream, what is an ITIN number? My hubby hasn't filed any taxes since being in the UK, is that going to cause us problems?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ynara
Loversdream, what is an ITIN number? My hubby hasn't filed any taxes since being in the UK, is that going to cause us problems?
ITIN = Individual Taxpayer Identification Number... Google is your friend. It's what the IRS uses when someone doesn't have a social security number.

As for taxes, if your husband is a US citizen, he is obligated by law to file a US tax return each year whether or not he lives in the US. That doesn't mean that he'll have to pay taxes... but he does have to file the return. It is something he should take care of immediately... because it definitely could cause you problems down the road.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.