DCF (London) response time

Wikiposts

DCF (London) response time

Old May 28th 2004, 1:26 am
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF (London) response time

In case it might help others who are currently in the initial stages
of DCF (London) here is a copy of a paragraph which has appeared on the DHS section of the Embassy website. I would swear it was not there at the time we submitted oue I130, but perhaps I just missed reading it ??? It was drawn to my attention by a (probably automated) e-mail in response to my enquiry today.
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/ins/i130filing.htm

"Processing Time for I-130 or I-360: This office is currently adjudicating I-130's or I-360's within 5-6 weeks of the date of receipt. Please refrain from contacting us during that time for status checks. Your cooperation will help ensure that we maintain our exceptional processing times."

The timescale for an initial response seems to me to have slowed down considerably from earlier this year.....maybe seasonal, or maybe due to some re-organisation ?? It remains to be seen whether the whole process will be much slower than previous DCFers have experienced. Let's hope not!! but the3 months which has usually been estimated would seem to be VERY optimistic in light of the above !
Ann
Old May 28th 2004, 10:40 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF (London) response time

Originally posted by Dimsie
of DCF (London) here is a copy of a paragraph which has appeared on the DHS section of the Embassy website. I would swear it was not there at the time we submitted oue I130, but perhaps I just missed reading it ??? It was drawn to my attention by a (probably automated) e-mail in response to my enquiry today.

"Processing Time for I-130 or I-360: This office is currently adjudicating I-130's or I-360's within 5-6 weeks of the date of receipt. Please refrain from contacting us during that time for status checks. Your cooperation will help ensure that we maintain our exceptional processing times."

The timescale for an initial response seems to me to have slowed down considerably from earlier this year.....maybe seasonal, or maybe due to some re-organisation ?? It remains to be seen whether the whole process will be much slower than previous DCFers have experienced. Let's hope not!! but the3 months which has usually been estimated would seem to be VERY optimistic in light of the above !
Ann
Thanks for posting that Ann. At lease now we are no longer in the dark.

Jen
Old May 28th 2004, 7:48 pm
US resident at last :)

mstracy is an unknown quantity at this point

If you look carefully, you can see that the web page was updated on the 27th. I'm sure that paragraph wasn't there when I applied for mine. Since the I-130 and DS-230 applications can be concurrent for DCF, 3 months is probably still a reasonable estimate if you have everything sorted before you start. Unfortunately, I'm not quite that organized.

Mark

Ann
Old May 28th 2004, 8:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by mstracy
If you look carefully, you can see that the web page was updated on the 27th. I'm sure that paragraph wasn't there when I applied for mine. Since the I-130 and DS-230 applications can be concurrent for DCF, 3 months is probably still a reasonable estimate if you have everything sorted before you start. Unfortunately, I'm not quite that organized.

Mark

Hi Mark.
Thanks for your reply.
Is there any benefit in downloading the DS230 and sending it in before any reply is received from DHS, do you think? I'm a bit hazy about this -but have noticed in other timelines that it seems to be done frequently. We do have the required documents for interview (I think).
Ann
Old May 28th 2004, 9:28 pm

I enquired about my I-130 about 3 days before it was approved and the embassy pointed out in their reply that I should submit the DS230 to avoid delaying approval. On the website is says the same thing but I must confess, I didn't really comprehend what it was implying when I first read it. If you send in the DS-230, they can start the processing immediately rather than waiting for I-130 approval which they will tie together later. At this point, you don't need all of the doccumentation. If (like us) you are missing something, you can send the DS-230 now and then send the DS-2001 once you have everything. There is small problem with sending the form this weekend and that is that the DS-230 on the website expires on the 31st. Even if you fill it in today, I'm not sure it will be valid when they receive it. I'm going to wait until Tuesday and download the new version just to be sure.

Good luck

Mark

Hi Mark.
Thanks for your reply.
Is there any benefit in downloading the DS230 and sending it in before any reply is received from DHS, do you think? I'm a bit hazy about this -but have noticed in other timelines that it seems to be done frequently. We do have the required documents for interview (I think).
Ann
Old May 29th 2004, 4:17 am
Account Closed

I enquired about my I-130 about 3 days before it was approved and the embassy pointed out in their reply that I should submit the DS230 to avoid delaying approval. On the website is says the same thing but I must confess, I didn't really comprehend what it was implying when I first read it. If you send in the DS-230, they can start the processing immediately rather than waiting for I-130 approval which they will tie together later. At this point, you don't need all of the doccumentation. If (like us) you are missing something, you can send the DS-230 now and then send the DS-2001 once you have everything. There is small problem with sending the form this weekend and that is that the DS-230 on the website expires on the 31st. Even if you fill it in today, I'm not sure it will be valid when they receive it. I'm going to wait until Tuesday and download the new version just to be sure.

Good luck

Mark

Hi again Mark.
Thanks so much for your reply and information. I had been puzzled about the DS230 for a while, though it seems clear enough on the website, reading it again now!
Thanks for the hint about a possible new version of the form come next week....I might not have noticed that. I'll wait until Tuesday/Wednesday and look again. Best wishes.
Ann
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 2:45 am

I received my packet 3 yesterday, complete with DS230 with expiry date of May 31st. I contacted the embassy and they told me to ignore the expiry date...

Mark

Hi again Mark.
Thanks so much for your reply and information. I had been puzzled about the DS230 for a while, though it seems clear enough on the website, reading it again now!
Thanks for the hint about a possible new version of the form come next week....I might not have noticed that. I'll wait until Tuesday/Wednesday and look again. Best wishes.
Ann
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 9:12 am
Account Closed

I received my packet 3 yesterday, complete with DS230 with expiry date of May 31st. I contacted the embassy and they told me to ignore the expiry date...

Mark
Mark - thanks so much for that !
I posted my DS230 this evening.
Another brick in the wall!!
Thanks again for taking the trouble to let me know about this.
Ann