DCF London Processing

Old Oct 9th 2020, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

newy51 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF London Processing

Originally Posted by stuwoolf
Thanks for sharing🙂 Were you told of the approval at your interview?

Good luck.
Yes I was, the guy was super cool.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 4:53 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newy51
I was amazed at how quick and efficient the processing was and very impressed with the professionalism of all the staff.
Congratulations. We do tell people the interview part is an anti climax, as long as you are well prepared. No one believes us.
Old Oct 9th 2020, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

XBricemanX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newy51
Hello all,

Firstly, I would like to say thank you to everyone that has given me any advice or answered any questions of mine on here. It's been very helpful along the way, even previous questions asked by other members, all in all keeping my brain from hurting even more than it already has done over the last few months.

Secondly, I have just been to my visa interview at the US embassy in London, applying for a CR1 spouse visa. I thought it would be nice to pass on my experience to others going through the same process that I have and maybe settle any last minute nerves.

My timeline;
I-130 filed - March 14th
I-130 Paid - June 9th
Received I-130 Approval - June 29th
Received LND number - Aug 12th
Medical - Sept 28th
Visa interview - Oct 7th.... APPROVED!!!!!!!!

The day of my interview, I arrived 30 minutes early (my appointment time was 1030), breezed straight through security (no queue at all) and straight up to the first floor. After 5 minutes my number was called up to the documents window, gave the lady everything she asked for and then was informed to pay the visa fee at the cashier window and to take a seat again and wait for my number to be called again. She advised I might be waiting a while. There were about 10 people in the waiting room. After 10 minutes, my number popped back up on the screens asking me to proceed to the next window... My initial thought was S*** what have I missed, only to be nicely surprised to a very polite man handing me back all my original documents. He asked me a few questions, how I met my wife, where I was planning on living, plans for work once I arrive. That was me, walking out of the embassy with a spring in my step and a smile that I'd never seen before!! I was amazed at how quick and efficient the processing was and very impressed with the professionalism of all the staff.

My passport and visa package are availed for collection today at the pre arrange collection point, which again is a lot faster than the advisories. I do understand that my timeline turned out to be rather quick because of the current situation with COVID.

Me and my wife did all the work for the whole process, so if I can do it, I believe anyone can! PMA is a must. If anyone has any questions, I will be more than happy to try and answer them.

Again, thanks everyone, you're all AWESOME!!
What yearly time frame were you looking at if you don't mind me asking. We filed May 2019, DQ'ed on August 2020. Not a word since.
My timeline;

I-130 filed - March 14th
I-130 Paid - June 9th
Medical - Sept 28th
Old Oct 9th 2020, 5:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XBricemanX
What yearly time frame were you looking at if you don't mind me asking. We filed May 2019, DQ'ed on August 2020. Not a word since.
My timeline;

I-130 filed - March 14th
I-130 Paid - June 9th
Medical - Sept 28th

This poster who was so quickly through the process was able to do direct consular filing DCF in 2020. He/she was eligible to do this due to the fact that this spouse legally lived in the UK at the time of their filing. Unfortunately, this avenue is no longer available to the public and everything must be filed stateside first.

You have to do the stateside filing of the I-130 and go through NVC and then the US Consulate. He needed only to deal with the US Consulate.
Old Oct 10th 2020, 8:54 am
Just Joined

newy51 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by XBricemanX
All of my timeline was during 2020. AND Rete is correct with what has been said, I feel I was very lucky with all of my timings, accidently timed to perfection. I made the cut off for submitting direct to the US embassy in London by a few weeks.

lansbury, massively.. but I'm not going to complain haha. Thanks guys!
Old Oct 21st 2020, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

Had my interview today at the US Embassy in London and was approved. Thank you to the people on this forum who helped out with my various questions and queries. The Embassy itself was almost empty. There were two other individuals waiting alongside me. Below are the steps I went through from arrival to leaving.

1. Entered via the South Pavilion entrance and was asked to show my DS-260 confirmation print out. This was signed by the person at the entrance.
2. Went through airport-style security.
3. Entered the actual Embassy itself and was asked to show my DS-260 confirmation print out (plus signature) to the person at reception. She then printed out an appointment number and stuck that on the sheet.
4. Was instructed to use the elevators on the right and go up to Floor 1.
5. Once at Floor 1, I was instructed to turn left, then left again until I got to windows 19-21 (I presumed these are the windows where the immigrant visa interviews are held).
6. I was called up to one of the windows by a British member of the Embassy staff and was first asked to show the print out of my courier fee payment. I was then asked to provide my original passport, marriage certificate, birth certificate, police certificate and I-864s (one for my spouse and one for my joint sponsor). He wanted photocopies of the marriage, birth and police certificates “if I had these on me” so I suppose it isn’t the end of the world if you forget to bring them. I was also asked for the most recent year’s tax transcript to accompany the I-864s (I also brought the two years before this but was told that these were not needed).
7. I was asked to provide finger prints and was given a sheet of paper explaining the rights and support available to immigrant spouses in the US.
8. I was then asked to pay the immigrant visa fee at the next cubicle along and was given a receipt.
8. I was told to sit back down and wait until I was called by another consular officer.
9. After around 20 minutes I was called up by an American consular officer who took my immigrant visa fee receipt and asked me to take an oath swearing that I was telling the truth. I was then asked the typical questions that others have asked “how did you meet your spouse?”, “when did you get married?”, “when are you planning a move to the US?”
10. I was told that my visa had been approved and to allow around a week for delivery.

Note: I was not asked to provide any proof that my spouse was going to be re-establishing domicile, nor was I asked anything about health insurance.

Old Oct 26th 2020, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Had my interview today and was approved.

Woohoo!

Thanks everyone!

What a day! Interview was at 10:00AM Oct 26 2020. I arrived at the South Pavilion Entrance at the Embassy around 09:30AM so I sat around on the wall. I had taken a walk the night before to make sure I had a good idea of where I was going.

I noticed there were 2 x sign posts. One said "Visas", and indicated "this way" and I had to walk along to read the other said said . There were some people congregated around the door at the other sign so I though it best to take a look. Embassy staff were engaged with some of those congregated. As I returned to my seat adjacent to the "Visas" sign a member of Embassy staff asked my name and I explained what I was there for. It was about 09:35. I asked for my DS 260 and passport and 2 x pics which I handed over. The docs were returned to me with a scribble and 10:00AM annotated on the DS260. I was then invited in and went through Security. Airport style.

I Collected my belongings and made my way up the slope toward the main building. Again, an Embassy staff member was speaking with someone at the door. I waited outside the door of the Visa queue (line) expecting someone to come open the door. No one did so I went in and approached the Reception desk. I was asked for passport and DS260 and was told I was a wee bit early as it was 09:40AM. Told to come back in 5 mins. I waited outside. At 09:45 I went back to Reception and again handed over passport and DS260. I number was stuck to the DS260 and I was told to take the lift to 1st Floor, exit the lift and turn left then left again. I was left the lift I was approached by another member of staff who asked if he could help. I said its an Immi Visa interview and he confirmed I should turn left. Took a seat as instructed and watched the board for my number to be called which also indicated which booth to go to. I waited about 20 minutes, my number was called and I was to attend booth No 20.

The Officer was very nice. Asked for Original Birth Cert and Copy. Marriage Cert and Copy. UK Police Cert and Copy. German Police Cert + Translation and copy of each. I said I was using my pension and cash assets to fulfill the income requirements. He asked to see Proof of Income Letter and a copy. I also gave a record of my bank account which showed the cash asset and I also explained the asset came from the recent sale of my property. I offered all the bank statements for the last 12 months and I pointed out this is about 2 inch thick. He said he didnt need to see those, the latest would do. I was asked for the Courier Confirmation print which I presented to him. This officer asked me if I had a date when I intended to go to the US. I said November 09 however that was not set in stone. I was given a slip and told to go to Booth 19 and make the payment. I was then told to take a seat and I would be called again.

About 10 minutes later I was called and the original papers I had given were returned to me. The officer had my 864 in front of him. He ticked "Meets" which was a huge relief for me due to using my own income (monthly pension) and also cash assets. At page 10 of the 864 I had explained in detail the value in dollars of my income (I also gave the Ex Rate) I identified the shortfall and the total shortfall using the Multiplier of 3 (USC Spouse). Finally I showed the total ($) of my assets (using the Ex rate) in comparison to the Federal Poverty Guideline figure. I was asked to swear an oath that the info I had provided was accurate and honest. This officer asked why I wanted to move to US. He also asked what my Point of Arrival might be. I was asked about Healthcare. I had a quote but in all the confusion I could not find it amongst my papers and he said it was ok. He asked the cost which I was able to tell him. He handed me a wee card which said "Please allow 7-10 working days for your application to be processed........" The card also said "Inside the plastic courier envelope, you will receive either Your passport containing a visa and a paper envelope, which must not (Embassy emphasis) be opened, with your petition and medical report inside or if you uploaded your docs..........."

I was not asked about my USC Spouse re-establishing domicile. I had a copy of her US driving licence and a print of her US Bank Account, again, just in case.

I was told I should get my passport "in about a week"

In and out in around 1 hour (maybe less)

Even though I used my own income and cash assets I took the advice offered from these pages, and made sure I had a Joint Sponsor i-864 with me just in case it was required. It wasnt required.

Last edited by stuwoolf; Oct 26th 2020 at 9:08 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 8:15 am
Just Joined

SushiRoll is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone, I've noticed some similar timelines to my visa process e.g. XBricemanX and newy51. , although I'm a few steps behind as just collecting a few final docs before booking medical and visa appointment.

I preemptively looked online and there are only a few appointments in London over the next week (a little too soon), and no other available ones at all throughout 2020/21.

Is this normal? Have these possibly only popped up due to cancellations? Do they only release appointments at relatively short notice?

Thanks in advance,

Old Oct 27th 2020, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SushiRoll
Hey everyone, I've noticed some similar timelines to my visa process e.g. XBricemanX and newy51. , although I'm a few steps behind as just collecting a few final docs before booking medical and visa appointment.

I preemptively looked online and there are only a few appointments in London over the next week (a little too soon), and no other available ones at all throughout 2020/21.

Is this normal? Have these possibly only popped up due to cancellations? Do they only release appointments at relatively short notice?

Thanks in advance,
Hi and welcome.

I dont understand how you could have looked ".....online and there are only a few appointments in London over the next week (a little too soon), and no other available ones at all throughout 2020/21......" without a LND Number? You sure you are DCF?

My experience and understanding is dates for interviews are listed maybe twice per week? With the interview itself being conducted 2 days per week.

Either way, good luck on your journey.🙂

Last edited by stuwoolf; Oct 27th 2020 at 8:32 am.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stuwoolf
Hi and welcome.

I dont understand how you could have looked ".....online and there are only a few appointments in London over the next week (a little too soon), and no other available ones at all throughout 2020/21......" without a LND Number? You sure you are DCF?

My experience and understanding is dates for interviews are listed maybe twice per week? With the interview itself being conducted 2 days per week.

Either way, good luck on your journey.🙂
Hi stuwoolf, thanks for the response,

I do have an LND number, we've done i-130 / DS-260 etc. Just started collecting remaining financial/civil docs like the affidavit of support and the police background check.

From my understanding once we have all that we can book visa and medical appointments. I was hoping to get them booked in for mid/late November so we can make sure got everything we need.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Mattw7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sushiroll,

My wife had the medical yesterday and her interview is booked for 12 Nov. The interview dates seem to be released twice a month in batches. I would expect more to be released early next week as it is a new month and dates tend to have been released for later in the month on (or around) the first of the month.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SushiRoll
Hi stuwoolf, thanks for the response,

I do have an LND number, we've done i-130 / DS-260 etc. Just started collecting remaining financial/civil docs like the affidavit of support and the police background check.

From my understanding once we have all that we can book visa and medical appointments. I was hoping to get them booked in for mid/late November so we can make sure got everything we need.
I'm sorry for my misunderstanding. I clearly misread your post.

In my position, having learned the potential for the demand for appointments, particlarly interviews, I had all the papers at hand to grab the first appointment that would work for me. Most of the papers I had gatheted for the original submission of i-130. I did forget to gather my Police Cert from my time living in Germany, so that held me up a little.

Like many others, advice I would offer is get on the interview appointment page frequently. Refresh the page and with a bit of luck a suitable date will present itself. The medical appointment is readily available. Just give them a call. Dont forget to schedule the interview for a date at least 5 days since medical.

All I can say is, good luck. Having been in exactly the same position,I feel your pain and anguish....

Good luck🙂
Old Oct 28th 2020, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Perhaps some may be wondering how long it takes to receive their passport after the interview at the Embassy. This is my timeline.

My Interview took place at 10:10AM on Monday October 26.

Received an email from Embassy at 2:00PM on Tuesday October 27 advising the courier had my documents. Checking the tracking link for the courier (inc in the email), my docs were scheduled for delivery to me on October 28.

My passport, with Visa attached, along with the White Envelope (not to be opened!) were delivered today, Wednesday October 28 at 2.10PM.

The visa journey is complete....now the next stage of the journey.

Thanks again goes to all who have given me advice and support. Much appreciated.

Good luck everyone
Old Nov 6th 2020, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

My journey is complete.🙂

I arrived at Miami International Airport on Wednesday November 04. I submitted my Immigration Packet to the Immigration Officer at Passport Control.The Passport Control line at Miami airport was huge! However it didnt take too long.

I got to the Passport Control desk and submitted my passport, open at my visa page, along with the Immigration Packet sent to me by the London Embassy....unopened, of course!

The officer took my pic and asked my wife and I to wait for a second officer to take me to the next stage. The second officer arrived and asked us to follow him in to a side room. There were about 10 others in the room and most of whom were receiving what appeared to be some sort of interview. There names were being called and they went away for a few minutes before returning. The second officer retained my Packet and passport.

About 40 minutes later I was called up to a booth in that sideroom and the officer manning the booth asked what address did I want my Green Card sent to. I gave a different address to that which was on the Packet. This was not a problem. The officer updated his IT Record with my revised delivery address.The officer explained my Visa would act as a Green Card for up to 12 months or until my GC arrived, usually within 6 months.

That was it! The officer handed back my passport and my wife and I left the sideroom to go collect our luggage. The officer even gave us helpful directions on where to go. Everyone was very pleasant.

So there you have it. My visa journey began on March 05 2020 and was brought to conclusion on November 04 2020 at Miami Airport, my Ellis Island.

Sincere thank you to all who have helped and encouraged me. It was all worthwhile

Last edited by stuwoolf; Nov 6th 2020 at 1:54 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2020, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Fantastic stuwoolf, bet you and your partner are delighted!

I’ve got medical and appointment in the next few weeks so hopefully I’ll be almost ready to head over soon as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.