DCF London Processing

Old May 17th 2020, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

matthews94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF London Processing

Originally Posted by stuwoolf
Didnt Embassy say, despite Lockdown, they still were striving to do the job in 90 days? From the date you received your email of correct filing plus the days of Lockdown plus 5 weeks (35 days) does that add up to 90 working days?

Also I guess there has been a reduction in firms to be processed maybe due to restrictions on who can enter US at this time?
The petition timeframe is 90 days but ours has been approved in about 60 days since filing. I'm wondering about the number of weeks until the Embassy gets in touch about the next steps.
Old May 17th 2020, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by matthews94
The petition timeframe is 90 days but ours has been approved in about 60 days since filing. I'm wondering about the number of weeks until the Embassy gets in touch about the next steps.
Hopefully not too long🙂
Old May 18th 2020, 1:00 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Good friend Ian-mstn is retired from these boards but I recall his frequent comment that tracking processing times was “the path to madness.”

Among immigration lawyers it was often noted the two most frequent questions from clients were “how long?” and “where is my work permit?” In 40 years I found out that I was almost always wrong. (Too short or too long). This not meant as any criticism of concern over time lines, but sometimes the best answer is “ it happens when it happens.”
Old May 18th 2020, 2:24 am
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Among immigration lawyers it was often noted the two most frequent questions from clients were “how long?” and “where is my work permit?” In 40 years I found out that I was almost always wrong. (Too short or too long). This not meant as any criticism of concern over time lines, but sometimes the best answer is “ it happens when it happens.”
When we were going through the process for our green cards and people asked me about it I would reply "the wheels of governmental bureaucracy turn at their own special speed", the majority of people then made sympathetic noises in response.
Old May 19th 2020, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

Just as an update, we received an e-mail from the London Office today confirming that they had received our petition, but are currently unable to process the credit card payments.

The e-mail also says that "Once processed, we will send you a follow-up email to confirm that the payment has been taken and to provide the anticipated adjudication time. Under current circumstances, we intend to conduct the I-130 adjudication by July, if not sooner."

We are by no means in the clear yet, but this correspondence is a promising sign that progress is being made....
Old May 19th 2020, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by os306
Just as an update, we received an e-mail from the London Office today confirming that they had received our petition, but are currently unable to process the credit card payments.

The e-mail also says that "Once processed, we will send you a follow-up email to confirm that the payment has been taken and to provide the anticipated adjudication time. Under current circumstances, we intend to conduct the I-130 adjudication by July, if not sooner."

We are by no means in the clear yet, but this correspondence is a promising sign that progress is being made....
Sounds very positive and an encouraging step forward.

Good luck.
Old May 20th 2020, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Sugarfreeuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point

We got the same email yesterday! I was beginning to wonder if it would ever come!
Old May 20th 2020, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarfreeuzzy
We got the same email yesterday! I was beginning to wonder if it would ever come!
Welcome to the club of final London DCF filers (last but not least)! I assume you mailed off your petition the week of the 16th of March?
Old May 20th 2020, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Thanks!

Yes that's right, it was w/c 16th March - I really hope it goes smoothly before the shut the field office!
Old May 20th 2020, 4:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Remember that you need the Police certificate in order to get your medical. You need to bring it to Knightsbridge.
Old May 20th 2020, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Remember that you need the Police certificate in order to get your medical. You need to bring it to Knightsbridge.
That was actually one of the first documents I was able to obtain - ACRO were great. We’ve been able to gather most of the pieces of evidence we’ll need for the next stage, but the only thing that’s missing are the tax transcripts. It’s currently impossible to get hold of these if you filed from abroad as the IRS system doesn’t accept a foreign address...

Last edited by os306; May 20th 2020 at 4:34 pm.
Old May 20th 2020, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

That was actually one of the first documents I was able to obtain - ARCO were great. We’ve been able to gather all of the pieces of evidence we’ll need for the next stage, but the only thing that’s missing are the tax transcripts. It’s currently impossible to get hold of these if you filed from abroad as the IRS system doesn’t accept a foreign address...
Yes, the Police Cert was pretty straight forward and speedy. If only everything was so simple.

We are still waiting for word. Given what is going on in the World right now we aint too fussed......though it would still be nice to hear something😏

The thought of travelling to London is not a good thought but hey ho.....
Old May 20th 2020, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
So my police cert is dated 25th March but I wonder will this become too old by the time we actually have a medical?
Old May 20th 2020, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sugarfreeuzzy
So my police cert is dated 25th March but I wonder will this become too old by the time we actually have a medical?
I understand they are good for 12 months.
Old May 27th 2020, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Doesnt seem to be too much going on right now. Its all so frustrating.😔

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.