DCF London Processing

Old May 4th 2020, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London Processing

Hi all,

I have some potentially good news. I contacted the London USCIS Office for clarification about the 90-day processing time, and they responded with the following:

We generally strive for a 90-day processing time goal, and going into the COVID-19 disruptions, we were in good shape, with a 30-day processing time. With COVID-19, we are not bound to a 90-day processing time goal. More importantly for your question, we expect to adjudicate in the first instance all I-130s postmarked by March 31 before our permanent office closure on July 31. If, at the time of adjudication, we issue you a Request for Evidence (RFE), then the RFE will indicate the deadline and the office to which you submit your response if you are not able to submit it to our office before our closure.

I think the most important part about this message is the fact that they are expecting to make a decision on all I-130 petitions by July 31. This is reassuring, HOWEVER, it also means that if you receive an RFE and cannot submit a response by July 31, you can expect to have to submit any documents to a Field Office located in the US. Fingers crossed for no RFE....

Old May 4th 2020, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by os306
Hi all,

I have some potentially good news. I contacted the London USCIS Office for clarification about the 90-day processing time, and they responded with the following:

We generally strive for a 90-day processing time goal, and going into the COVID-19 disruptions, we were in good shape, with a 30-day processing time. With COVID-19, we are not bound to a 90-day processing time goal. More importantly for your question, we expect to adjudicate in the first instance all I-130s postmarked by March 31 before our permanent office closure on July 31. If, at the time of adjudication, we issue you a Request for Evidence (RFE), then the RFE will indicate the deadline and the office to which you submit your response if you are not able to submit it to our office before our closure.

I think the most important part about this message is the fact that they are expecting to make a decision on all I-130 petitions by July 31. This is reassuring, HOWEVER, it also means that if you receive an RFE and cannot submit a response by July 31, you can expect to have to submit any documents to a Field Office located in the US. Fingers crossed for no RFE....
Wow!

Good to know.

As you say, I guess its all depending on whether the need for RFE arises. Its also interesting to note the "machine" was hitting 30 days to process. 3 times as quick than expected. On that basis, as Lockdown took effect, March submissions, if submitted in early March, were maybe around 10 to 15 days away from completion

Damn this virus!!!!

It lifts the spirits to at least learn something about whats going on.

Thanks for sharing and good luck.
Old May 4th 2020, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuwoolf
Wow!

Good to know.

As you say, I guess its all depending on whether the need for RFE arises. Its also interesting to note the "machine" was hitting 30 days to process. 3 times as quick than expected. On that basis, as Lockdown took effect, March submissions, if submitted in early March, were maybe around 10 to 15 days away from completion

Damn this virus!!!!

It lifts the spirits to at least learn something about whats going on.

Thanks for sharing and good luck.
No problem. I expect you’ll be one of the first to hear back with some good news once the Embassy reopens. Right now it’s looking like they’re on track for reopening at the beginning of June, unless the UK government decides otherwise.
Old May 4th 2020, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

No problem. I expect you’ll be one of the first to hear back with some good news once the Embassy reopens. Right now it’s looking like they’re on track for reopening at the beginning of June, unless the UK government decides otherwise.
Should we hear anything rest assured I will report back here.
Old May 4th 2020, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Just had a look at US Embassy website and the future since "DCF London" is no longer available.

"Generally, family-sponsored petitions must be filed with USCIS.=10.8333px However, there are some limited circumstances in which the U.S. Department of State (DOS) may accept and adjudicate Form I-130. USCIS no longer accepts and adjudicates routine Form I-130 petitions at its remaining international field offices."

"Short notice of position relocation – A U.S. citizen petitioner, living and working abroad, has received a job offer in or reassignment to the United States with little notice for the required start date."

Source - h
ttps://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-6-part-b-chapter-3

Does this mean a USC with a job offer in USA and the offer has an immienent start date, eg 1 - 3 month (much less than a "lockbox" submission will take to adjudicate), could hurry things along by submitting an i-130 to a local Consulate?

Just wondering.........
Old May 4th 2020, 10:27 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

You missed this bit out:-

If a consular officer in a U.S. embassy or consulate encounters an individual case that the officer believes has need of immediate processing of a Form I-130, the consular officer may, but is not required to, accept the local filing in exceptional circumstances, in accordance with the guidance below.

So it will be whatever the London COs decide is exceptional and if they decide they will deal with it. Which boils down to who knows, it is wait and see.
Old May 4th 2020, 10:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuwoolf
Just had a look at US Embassy website and the future since "DCF London" is no longer available.

"Generally, family-sponsored petitions must be filed with USCIS.=10.8333px However, there are some limited circumstances in which the U.S. Department of State (DOS) may accept and adjudicate Form I-130. USCIS no longer accepts and adjudicates routine Form I-130 petitions at its remaining international field offices."

"Short notice of position relocation – A U.S. citizen petitioner, living and working abroad, has received a job offer in or reassignment to the United States with little notice for the required start date."

Source - h
ttps://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-6-part-b-chapter-3

Does this mean a USC with a job offer in USA and the offer has an immienent start date, eg 1 - 3 month (much less than a "lockbox" submission will take to adjudicate), could hurry things along by submitting an i-130 to a local Consulate?

Just wondering.........
I don't know, but my guess would be no, because a USC can return to the USA anytime to begin work. No need to speed up the I-130 because that doesn't affect the USC's ability to get to the job on time. Just looking at it through USCIS eyes.

Rene
Old May 5th 2020, 6:57 am
Just Joined

matthews94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Thank you so much for sharing this response. My petition was filed March 4th so this is really reassuring news. Let’s hope for no RFE!
Old May 5th 2020, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by matthews94
Thank you so much for sharing this response. My petition was filed March 4th so this is really reassuring news. Let’s hope for no RFE!
You're welcome. These forums have been a source of relief for my (numerous) anxieties surrounding this process so far. Therefore, I'm more than happy to post whatever information I can gather, if it helps others.

We are nowhere near that stage in the process ourselves, but I have just seen on the VisaJourney forums that people have been able to book Embassy interviews and Medical appointments or July, so it all looks promising.
Old May 5th 2020, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

You're welcome. These forums have been a source of relief for my (numerous) anxieties surrounding this process so far. Therefore, I'm more than happy to post whatever information I can gather, if it helps others.

We are nowhere near that stage in the process ourselves, but I have just seen on the VisaJourney forums that people have been able to book Embassy interviews and Medical appointments or July, so it all looks promising.
Wow! I am surprised at that. Maybe US Embassy has had a preview of Lockdown being lifted.

The next few weeks will be interesting.
Old May 11th 2020, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Based on Boris's speech yesterday evening, it looks like we are hopefully on track for the London USCIS Field Office to reopen on the 4th of June (or potentially even sooner?) I'm sure they will need to make a few changes in order to implement social distancing measures in the workplace. I wouldn't be surprised if this will translates into fewer appointments etc. at the Embassy itself, but I suppose we will find out soon.
Old May 14th 2020, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

matthews94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news everyone! My I-130 petition was approved by the USCIS office in London in May 13th. We filed on March 4th and they are advising that the consulate will reach out within five weeks about the next stage. Things are moving along!
Old May 14th 2020, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Good news everyone! My I-130 petition was approved by the USCIS office in London in May 13th. We filed on March 4th and they are advising that the consulate will reach out within five weeks about the next stage. Things are moving along!
Woohoo, congratulations! It looks like the London Office sent out a few approvals today. They have also regained access to the Mail Room, so will be able to open any petitions delivered before the 31st of March and address any RFE responses. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Stuwoolf, I'm expecting you will be hearing soon!
Old May 14th 2020, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations and Good Luck as you proceed thru the process. Please keep us all up to date.

Woohoo, congratulations! It looks like the London Office sent out a few approvals today. They have also regained access to the Mail Room, so will be able to open any petitions delivered before the 31st of March and address any RFE responses. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Stuwoolf, I'm expecting you will be hearing soon!
Just gotta wait and see how it goes. We filed on March 5th so hopefully we will hear something soon. Fingers crossed.

Thanksgiving in USA, thats what I promised my wife. Here's hoping.

​​​​​​​Good luck everyone.
Old May 14th 2020, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Do you have any idea of what the "next stage" entails?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.