Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF London- NOA received but "not in the system"!

Wikiposts

DCF London- NOA received but "not in the system"!

Old May 27th 2008, 5:20 am
Just Joined

allstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF London- NOA received but "not in the system"!

Might be getting a bit ahead of myself but......

I (the USC) have filed an I-130 at London for my wife (UK resident, SAfrican citizen) and received an NOA last Monday 19th May. Still haven't received the DS-230I/DS-2001 pack- paid £1.20/min for the pleasure of chatting with a nice Glaswegian called Jerry on the helpline to be told that I'm "not yet on their system".

Is this a cause for concern? I see Targaff, in his helpful post below, just sent the documents off as soon as he got the NOA- we're ready to go, but will this risk "unhitching" our application if we don't have any reference number?

Thanks in advance
Old May 27th 2008, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London- NOA received but "not in the system"!

That's not how it works.

NOA1 is just a receipt to say they've received your application. It will be another two months before they process your I-130, then if that's approved you will get a letter (NOA2) saying so, then within about a week packet 3 which contains DS-230 etc.

There has been the odd report that people have submitted DS-230 before I-130 processing has completed, and got away with it, but this is not how you are supposed to do it.
Old May 27th 2008, 5:37 am
Just Joined

Sorry, should have been clearer- it was the NOA2 we received- 2 1/2 months after acceptance of I-130 and NOA1, which I didn't think was too bad....
Old May 27th 2008, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh ok you said your I-130 was "filed", not "approved".....

A week isn't out of the ordinary between NOA2 and packet 3 - don't forget there's been a bank holiday in there too.

I'd at least give it till the end of the week.
Old May 27th 2008, 5:45 am
Just Joined

3 months into visa process- just getting ants in my pants I suspect...
Old May 27th 2008, 6:06 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36

A week isn't out of the ordinary between NOA2 and packet 3 - don't forget there's been a bank holiday in there too.
OT -- The US Embassy is closed for both U.S. and British holidays. The last Monday in May is a US Holiday -- Memorial Day [formerly Decoration Day]. I often wonder if the employees at the Embassy are annoyed at having two holidays on the same day.

Through a historical quirk, the US has two holidays honoring war time service. Decoration Day started after the Civil War and was on May 30th. Of course, there was later Armistice Day on November 11th. The two holidays were later renamed Memorial Day and Veterans Day. [My father still often uses the old names].

The holidays were later changed to always be on Monday to make for three-day weekends. If memory serves me correct, the only official holidays that were not so changed were Independence Day, Christmas and New Years.