Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF London Interview - IR-1 *New system!*

Wikiposts

DCF London Interview - IR-1 *New system!*

Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:18 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London Interview - IR-1 *New system!*

Originally Posted by Wilto
Got my interview next Wednesday at 9am...so your advice is get there early like around 8am....I'm dreading all that hanging around with no phone or Ipod!

I suppose a sudoku book would be ok?

LOL You would never have survived in the 60's, 70's and 80's. No imagination
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:30 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
LOL You would never have survived in the 60's, 70's and 80's. No imagination
lol, what do you recommend, a game of "I Spy"?
Enduring family road trip memories....

Wilto, sudoku is fine, just remember, only wimps do the in pencil.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:59 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

We di car bingo, mad libs, find all 5 states licence plates on long car rides to Florida. Oh don't forget colorforms!! No cell phones or Ipods but we did have an 8 track in the car!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

george adam is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats! It looks like your visa would be sent to you by next day. Is that pretty standard? I'd like to get a better sense for this to make travel arrangements for my wife whose interview has been scheduled for July 1. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by george adam
Congrats! It looks like your visa would be sent to you by next day. Is that pretty standard? I'd like to get a better sense for this to make travel arrangements for my wife whose interview has been scheduled for July 1. Any help would be appreciated.
Standard is that visa is returned with passport via courier, within 5 days or so of the interview, if approved. However, it's best not to make any final travel arrangements until you have the visa in hand. You never know what could delay it.

Rene
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:34 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by george adam
It looks like your visa would be sent to you by next day.
Sent? Perhaps. Delivered? There's no way to know how long it'll sit in their mailroom or at the courier's place.

Ian
Old Jun 19th 2009, 6:44 am
Just Joined

Curlz is an unknown quantity at this point

My hubbie got his passport back with the visa in it the day after the interview at 9:00 am! Talk about a speedy return!

Got my interview next Wednesday at 9am...so your advice is get there early like around 8am....I'm dreading all that hanging around with no phone or Ipod!

I suppose a sudoku book would be ok?
Yes, going early is a very good thing because there are less people you have to wait behind. If you're playing sudoku, just remember to keep an ear on the interview numbers and not get carried away and miss it. Good luck with your interview. I hope you get approved! It's not as scary once you are there.

~Curlz
Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Wilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Curlz
My hubbie got his passport back with the visa in it the day after the interview at 9:00 am! Talk about a speedy return!

Yes, going early is a very good thing because there are less people you have to wait behind. If you're playing sudoku, just remember to keep an ear on the interview numbers and not get carried away and miss it. Good luck with your interview. I hope you get approved! It's not as scary once you are there.

~Curlz
Haha I have no imagination and I'm a wimp... i do the hard sudoku puzzles in pencil! My wife tells me otherwise so ~I'm ok

Ok sorry I meant to say bank account papers....to say she opened an account, she also has a drivers license renewed, I'll get her to scan a few things and send it to me via email.

Don't book anything until that passport is in your posession!

I'm going to pay the interview fee in dollars cash, I know it says its fine to do so in the website but would it be "unusual" for me to do so?

Question to the thread starter, what did you wear, my grandfather says suit! I'm just thinking some tidy jeans and a neat polo/shirt from Abercrombie & Fitch, or does it really not matter?
Old Jun 21st 2009, 6:02 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilto
what did you wear, my grandfather says suit! I'm just thinking some tidy jeans and a neat polo/shirt from Abercrombie & Fitch, or does it really not matter?
Jeans!

what to wear!!!!
Old Jun 21st 2009, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Wilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud ofWilto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meauxna
Im glad I didn't mention the shorts and flip flops then!!!!

Come to think of it all I own are Jeans and Shorts and tracksuit and for work I have to wear black combat trousers hmmmm

Well as I am an employee of Marks and Spencers I will be down there tomorrow purchasing some trousers of some kind....

But then I feel most comfortable in a tidy pair of jeans....and the ones that I'm thinking about have no holes and no fade marks on them and are quite nice.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 7:27 am

lol, wear nice jeans if you like; just posted the link because it's been discussed often in the past.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Question to the thread starter, what did you wear, my grandfather says suit! I'm just thinking some tidy jeans and a neat polo/shirt from Abercrombie & Fitch, or does it really not matter?
My husband and I wore really nice jeans. I went for a fancy top, and he wore a really nice white shirt. The majority of the people waiting were in jeans. I was a bit in shock when I saw what some of them wore! It looked like they just rolled out of bed, and it made me think I went all out! I would say to go with what you are comfortable in because you will be more confident when you have your interview.

~Curlz
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

dzial67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations.

My interview date has been set for the 28th July. The letter came on Friday, 3 weeks after posting the D2001.

Can I ask if, when you were asked about job situations in the USA, do you already have jobs lined up, and if you don't, how did they react to that?

Thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 4:50 am

Curlz can certainly answer for their experience.

In mine, I was asked what I (USC) planned to do when we got to the US, did I have any offers, were they related to my field etc. Happily I did have those things going at the time even though I didn't follow through with it.

If you don't have US employment, a solid asset I-864 or a Joint Sponsor overcomes the Public Charge provision. You don't *have* to have a job.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:36 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE] do you already have jobs lined upQUOTE]
Neither of us have jobs lined up in the USA, but because we have a really strong joint sponser (my mom) we were OK. I belive that if you have enough proof that you can support yourselves (with or without a sponser) until you are able to get a job, you should do just fine.

and if you don't, how did they react to that?
Well, as I wrote in my report, the first lady was extremely grumpy. When we told her that neither of us had jobs lined up, she kind of looked down on us about it. However, at the second stage, the officer asked again, and we were able to show him that without jobs lined up we would be able to stand our own two feet when we went over with our I-864 and the joint one my mom completed. He wasn't touchy about it in any way. So, a job isn't a necessity if you have adaquate funds.

I hope that helps!

~Curlz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.