Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF London interview- emailed embassy 10 days ago, haven't heard back yet.

DCF London interview- emailed embassy 10 days ago, haven't heard back yet.

Old Sep 16th 2013, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

HelloHello78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF London interview- emailed embassy 10 days ago, haven't heard back yet.

Hi all,

My husband and I are doing DCF in London. They received our final packet 1 month ago and now we're waiting to find out when our interview is scheduled. I emailed the embassy (through the immigration visa section of the embassy website) 10 business days ago to request the earliest possible interview date. I believe I read somewhere that emails to the embassy are generally replied to in 5 business days.

So the question is: Would it be okay to email again? I can't imagine over-emailing will do anything but get everyone annoyed. But I also want to make sure my message didn't get lost in the shuffle. (I realize, of course, that there is no guarantee that their seeing my email will even DO anything, but...)

Any thoughts on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 11:25 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London interview- emailed embassy 10 days ago, haven't heard back yet.

People are routinely waiting around 2 months for an interview at LND currently. There's no harm in asking again, but don't expect any special treatment!
Old Sep 16th 2013, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: DCF London interview- emailed embassy 10 days ago, haven't heard back yet.

Thanks for this info. Glad there is no harm in emailing again!

Do you happen to know how much advance notice most people are currently being given for their interview date?
Old Sep 16th 2013, 12:43 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Its usually 4-6 weeks
Old Sep 16th 2013, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Okay. Thanks for this info.

I've just posted a new thread about the following, but was wondering if you might happen to know the answer to the following question:

I've just called the Dept of State just on the off chance our interview had been scheduled and we hadn't yet received the letter -- according to the woman on the phone they haven't logged our packet 3 yet. And we sent it 1 month ago. The woman I spoke with on the phone said she thought I should be concerned that it hasn't been logged yet. BUT she is based in the US and may not be familiar with current LND processing times. What do you think? Is this normal?
Old Sep 16th 2013, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelloHello78
What do you think?
I think that every phone call you make or email you send will only further frustrate you. You cannot manage a process over which you have no control. The wheels of immigration turn slowly... but they do turn.

Is this normal?
Where US immigration is concerned, nothing is normal... and everything is normal.

Ian
Old Sep 16th 2013, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Right. And I do hear what you are saying! But surely with the volume of mail they must receive at the embassy, someone's packet 3 has been misplaced/not logged/lost at some point...
Old Sep 16th 2013, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

iam-mstm

"... I think that every phone call you make or email you send will only further frustrate you. You cannot manage a process over which you have no control ... "

Originally Posted by HelloHello78
Right. And I do hear what you are saying! But surely with the volume of mail they must receive at the embassy, someone's packet 3 has been misplaced/not logged/lost at some point...