Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - London Interview - Can US spouse (petitioner) attend?

Wikiposts

DCF - London Interview - Can US spouse (petitioner) attend?

Old May 29th 2008, 10:27 am
Just Joined

danielb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF - London Interview - Can US spouse (petitioner) attend?

Do they allow the US spouse (petitioner) to attend with you at the London Embassy? Do they allow them up to the actual interview with you?

My US spouse has done most of the paperwork for this visa and I'm hoping she can attend the interview with me in case I miss/forget something!
Old May 29th 2008, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF - London Interview - Can US spouse (petitioner) attend?

Yes she can - but take particular note of the paperwork sent to you in packet 3 - it asks you on there who is going to attend at the Embassy on interview day, obviously you want to mention that your spouse will be coming.
Old May 29th 2008, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

danielb is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks britishguy - we did list her in packet 3.

is she supposed to be listed on the actual interview letter at all, in order to be let in? (she is not - it only says 'traveling applicant: MY NAME')
Old May 30th 2008, 12:10 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danielb
thanks britishguy - we did list her in packet 3.

is she supposed to be listed on the actual interview letter at all, in order to be let in? (she is not - it only says 'traveling applicant: MY NAME')

No, she will not be listed. By virtue of her citizenship she will be allowed into the Consulate. It is up to the interviewer themselves as to whether or not she will be "interviewed" or left to sit while you are interviewed. I would hazard a guess that it would 98% in favor of standing/sitting along side of you during the questioning period.