Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF London I-130 on the go slow?

Wikiposts

DCF London I-130 on the go slow?

Old Oct 10th 2015, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

AbdnQuine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF London I-130 on the go slow?

I've been watching the time line thread and most people seem to have pretty quick experiences at the moment. But we got noa1 on August 27th and they're only now processing August 12th, looks like it will be minimum 2mos from noa1 to noa2. We intend to move in January. Just wondered if anyone else is slightly further ahead than us in the process that hasn't posted on the time line thread? Keeping my hopes up!
Old Oct 11th 2015, 12:36 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London I-130 on the go slow?

Originally Posted by AbdnQuine
Just wondered if anyone else is slightly further ahead than us in the process that hasn't posted on the time line thread?
Even if they had posted, it'd make no difference whatsoever to your case. You can't compare your timeline to anyone else's, nor can you draw a correlation between the speed of their process and yours. Timeline threads, IMO, have done nothing but increase the anxiety and frustration levels for others in the process.

Ian
Old Oct 11th 2015, 12:49 am
Just Joined

I assumed they processed cases in order, as the process moves on, is that not right?
Old Oct 11th 2015, 1:30 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I assumed they processed cases in order, as the process moves on, is that not right?
They begin to process cases one after the other, yes... but at any point during that process, any number of things could lead to things slowing down for some and speeding up for others. Case files are given to any number of officers and if one officer is on holiday for 2 weeks, then every case file he has stops processing for the duration... that sort of thing! One officer may process 10 cases per day, while another gets through 3, and another gets through 14. It's really not a linear process.

Ian
Old Oct 11th 2015, 2:19 am
Just Joined

Wow, unlucky for some then! Fingers crossed we will be processed in the time line we need.
Old Oct 12th 2015, 2:10 am
Just Joined

southerners is an unknown quantity at this point

New poster to the forum here! This is such a helpful resource that I have already found so many answers to my previous questions. Thank you to all of you that contribute to this.

Just to say: we are just a bit behind you (early-Sept NOA1) so can't truly help put your mind at ease, but, if it helps to have company, we have also been noticing the go slow reflected on the DCR I-130 updates. There was a period of about three weeks when it only moved 1 or 2 days. I reckon, since it's been going slower than usual since the UK bank holiday/USA Labor Day weekends, that it's a temporary delay due to staff vacations and illness. I'm optimistic that it's going to start picking back up this week and next. Note that they've just updated it again (they keep missing the Friday update schedule), and it is now at August 17 (the recent update only shows on the actual I-130 page, and not the service update page).
Old Oct 12th 2015, 2:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by southerners
New poster to the forum here! This is such a helpful resource that I have already found so many answers to my previous questions. Thank you to all of you that contribute to this.

Just to say: we are just a bit behind you (early-Sept NOA1) so can't truly help put your mind at ease, but, if it helps to have company, we have also been noticing the go slow reflected on the DCR I-130 updates. There was a period of about three weeks when it only moved 1 or 2 days. I reckon, since it's been going slower than usual since the UK bank holiday/USA Labor Day weekends, that it's a temporary delay due to staff vacations and illness. I'm optimistic that it's going to start picking back up this week and next. Note that they've just updated it again (they keep missing the Friday update schedule), and it is now at August 17 (the recent update only shows on the actual I-130 page, and not the service update page).
Ah thank you for posting that, I had seen an update on the 9th but it *definitely* said August 12th, so I wasn't going to check it again until Friday. I was disheartened it hadn't moved from the previous week! (Again!) We have really good reasons for wanting to be able to move in January so I'm keeping everything crossed.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat more since we're close by in filing date
Old Oct 12th 2015, 5:50 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Some general comments from when I was in practice:

1. "YMMV" always applies. I like to tell about one of my first cases about a man filing for his twin daughters under the old "Second Preference [aka P2]. As Koreans, they were on the same "Family Census Register." So, except for the middle name, the two I-130's were identical in every way. They were filed at the same time [in person as per procedures then in effect].

First I-130 was approved in 21 days, the other took 9 months and generated an RFE.

2. It is standard warning not to make firm plans on a projected timeline.

3. From my observation, processing via London DHS and Embassy actually proceeds at nearly light speed.

4. We are getting into the holiday season -- so Veterans' Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Many gov't workers tend to take "annual leave" during the season. Also, if there are any additional UK holidays [e.g. Boxing Day to comes to mind], the US Offices in London will close.

Good luck.

p.s. Every client always asked "how long?" Most reasonable question in the world.
Old Oct 12th 2015, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Some general comments from when I was in practice:

1. "YMMV" always applies. I like to tell about one of my first cases about a man filing for his twin daughters under the old "Second Preference [aka P2]. As Koreans, they were on the same "Family Census Register." So, except for the middle name, the two I-130's were identical in every way. They were filed at the same time [in person as per procedures then in effect].

First I-130 was approved in 21 days, the other took 9 months and generated an RFE.

2. It is standard warning not to make firm plans on a projected timeline.

3. From my observation, processing via London DHS and Embassy actually proceeds at nearly light speed.

4. We are getting into the holiday season -- so Veterans' Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Many gov't workers tend to take "annual leave" during the season. Also, if there are any additional UK holidays [e.g. Boxing Day to comes to mind], the US Offices in London will close.

Good luck.

p.s. Every client always asked "how long?" Most reasonable question in the world.
Thanks. I have been a greencard holder before, at that time had to use Nebraska service center so I am grateful that London is comparatively super speedy.

No firm plans as per your #2, just a multitude of very good reasons that I won't get into for wanting it to be Jan or Feb. Not the end of our lives if it doesn't happen but it will cause some turmoil!
Old Oct 15th 2015, 1:32 am
Just Joined

NOA2 arrived yesterday!
Old Oct 15th 2015, 2:19 am
Just Joined

southerners is an unknown quantity at this point

NOA2 arrived yesterday!
Congratulations!!! That's so great! Thanks for updating. If you filed Aug 27, I hope I'm not too far behind!!