Wikiposts

DCF London-I 130

Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:40 am
Just Joined

coley626 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF London-I 130

Hi there, just a few questions as I am starting the DCF process.

I just filed the I-130 for my husband at the London Embassy. I have not yet received an email/postcard saying it's been accepted (NOA1?), but they have charged the card. Does that mean it has been accepted/filed?

Also, I would like to return to the US soon (I'm USC, husband is UKC) to 're-establish' domicile, and get a job, establish a new life for us...etc. When can I safely do that? I have read reports of the embassy needing more info before the I-130 approval (proof of bonafide marriage info)...and I don't want to fly home if there is a chance I would be asked to attend an interview (heard they ask both the sponsor and the beneficiary to separate interviews). If they needed more info, what would they require (affadavits from friends, pictures, or an interview)? Can I leave now since I have sent in the petition?

Thanks to anyone who can provide some info. We're new to this and a little bit 'in the dark'.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:36 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London-I 130

As payment has been taken (your card charged), you are free to leave. Well, it means that your I-130 has been accepted anyway.
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/DCF_I-130_Filed_In_London

I have not heard of an interview for a London-filed I-130 (well, maybe one). You could prepare some documents from the I-130 instructions to leave with your husband to send in if they ask for more. For just in case.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:16 am
Just Joined

coley626 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help!

Also, just one more question. They charged my card nearly a week ago, but I still have not received my postcard or email (NOA1). I would like to have that on file (just in case things go wrong somewhere down the line). Should I contact them, or wait a bit longer? Just want to have that confirmation from them before I book a ticket to the US. Thanks again!
Old Feb 27th 2010, 2:10 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coley626
Just want to have that confirmation from them before I book a ticket to the US.
You may not get any confirmation. The visa is for your husband... you have no need to remain in the UK at this point. While there is a non-zero chance of your being asked to an interview, it will not happen until the very end of the process... which could be months down the road.

Ian
Old Feb 27th 2010, 3:49 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the help!

Also, just one more question. They charged my card nearly a week ago, but I still have not received my postcard or email (NOA1). I would like to have that on file (just in case things go wrong somewhere down the line). Should I contact them, or wait a bit longer? Just want to have that confirmation from them before I book a ticket to the US. Thanks again!
Well, it can take a couple of weeks to get the postcard, so if you want to have that before you leave, you should wait.
Do not contact them; it's too soon for you to expect the card. Again, if you want the postcard before you leave, don't leave before you get the postcard.

If payment has been taken, your case has been accepted for processing in London, postcard or no postcard. If they were going to challenge your eligibility to process in London, they would not take payment.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You may not get any confirmation. The visa is for your husband... you have no need to remain in the UK at this point. While there is a non-zero chance of your being asked to an interview, it will not happen until the very end of the process... which could be months down the road.

Ian
This is also true; any number of things could delay or eliminate the postcard.

However Ian, I think her concern was about being interviewed for the I-130, which -could- potentially happen, and would be before the visa interview.

She would not be required to be interviewed at the visa interview (as might be possible in a Consular 'DCF' case).
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:38 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

c,

Point of pedanticism - Notice of Action (NOA) is a form that is only used by the domestic USCIS Service Centers. You may get some kind of confirmation from the London USCIS office that you petition has been received, an e-mail or a postcard, but it won't be a NOA.

Regards, JEff

Hi there, just a few questions as I am starting the DCF process.

I just filed the I-130 for my husband at the London Embassy. I have not yet received an email/postcard saying it's been accepted (NOA1?)
Old Feb 28th 2010, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

From memory, you get a letter in about a month or 6 weeks after filing.

I think they take the money anyway even if you arent eligible for their admin fees etc.

However, in this case, I am sure everything is just fine.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:26 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

If you put your email address on the bottom of one of the forms, as directed, you get an email with your official filing date soon after they get to your form. I sent in our I-130 on July 7th 2009 and received the email on July 16th.