Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF London - How quick to get LND after petition approval

DCF London - How quick to get LND after petition approval

Reply

Old Nov 14th 2018, 7:30 pm
  #1  
uktousa
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 49
kph100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF London - How quick to get LND after petition approval

Hi

Can anyone who has recently had petition approval through LONDON DCF
tell how long currently it takes to get the LND reference from the Visa unit to be able to complete D260 , medical booking etc

Thank you
kph100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th 2018, 10:50 pm
  #2  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 12
Raphael88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF London - How quick to get LND after petition approval

The petition for my case was officially approved on October 3rd, the letter with the LND reference is dated from October 5th, but my lawyers only received on November 5th. They are stateside so it certainly lengthened the process, but then in my case, it took a month. Hopefully for you, it is faster when they send the letter to the UK.
Raphael88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th 2018, 1:48 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 44
ledrox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF London - How quick to get LND after petition approval

Originally Posted by Raphael88 View Post
The petition for my case was officially approved on October 3rd, the letter with the LND reference is dated from October 5th, but my lawyers only received on November 5th. They are stateside so it certainly lengthened the process, but then in my case, it took a month. Hopefully for you, it is faster when they send the letter to the UK.
Hi Raphael88

I was just wondering if you received the I-I130 approval letter in the UK or if this was delivered to your lawyer in the USA.
I received a RFE 9 days ago and I sent a response the day after. I haven't heard anything yet so I was wondering if they will send the approval to my lawyer in the US or to me
thanks
Led
ledrox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th 2018, 12:32 am
  #4  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2018
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 12
Raphael88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF London - How quick to get LND after petition approval

Originally Posted by ledrox View Post
Hi Raphael88

I was just wondering if you received the I-I130 approval letter in the UK or if this was delivered to your lawyer in the USA.
I received a RFE 9 days ago and I sent a response the day after. I haven't heard anything yet so I was wondering if they will send the approval to my lawyer in the US or to me
thanks
Led
All correspondence was sent to the lawyers, I haven't received a single letter at my address. It took about 2 weeks to received the approval after the affidavit for the RFE was sent, so I'm sure it's just a matter of a few days now.
Raphael88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th 2018, 9:12 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 44
ledrox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF London - How quick to get LND after petition approval

Originally Posted by Raphael88 View Post
All correspondence was sent to the lawyers, I haven't received a single letter at my address. It took about 2 weeks to received the approval after the affidavit for the RFE was sent, so I'm sure it's just a matter of a few days now.
Thank you Raphael88 and good luck with your interview and move!
ledrox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th 2018, 12:37 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Location: London, UK
Posts: 31
JoJo22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF London - How quick to get LND after petition approval

Between I 130 approval letter and letter with LND was 4 days for us.
JoJo22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th 2018, 10:00 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 44
ledrox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF London - How quick to get LND after petition approval

Originally Posted by JoJo22 View Post
Between I 130 approval letter and letter with LND was 4 days for us.
Thank you Jojo
ledrox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th 2018, 4:09 pm
  #8  
uktousa
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 49
kph100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF London - How quick to get LND after petition approval

Originally Posted by ledrox View Post
Thank you Jojo

Hi , mine was a little longer, dated two weeks after agreement and arrived 2 weeks after I-130 letter arrived.
kph100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th 2018, 8:05 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 44
ledrox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF London - How quick to get LND after petition approval

Originally Posted by kph100 View Post
Hi , mine was a little longer, dated two weeks after agreement and arrived 2 weeks after I-130 letter arrived.
thanks kph! It will be two weeks in couple of days! Hopefully by the end of this week I will hear from them
Led
ledrox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th 2018, 9:51 pm
  #10  
MODERATOR
 
Noorah101's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 57,122
Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London - How quick to get LND after petition approval

Originally Posted by ledrox View Post
thanks kph! It will be two weeks in couple of days! Hopefully by the end of this week I will hear from them
Led
Don't forget, this Thursday (and maybe Friday also) is a holiday, so you probably won't hear anything those 2 days.

Rene
Noorah101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st 2018, 11:35 am
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 44
ledrox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF London - How quick to get LND after petition approval

Originally Posted by Noorah101 View Post
Don't forget, this Thursday (and maybe Friday also) is a holiday, so you probably won't hear anything those 2 days.

Rene
that's true! thanks Rene
ledrox is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service