British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   DCF London - How quick to get LND after petition approval (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/dcf-london-how-quick-get-lnd-after-petition-approval-919301/)

kph100 Nov 14th 2018 6:30 pm

DCF London - How quick to get LND after petition approval

Hi

Can anyone who has recently had petition approval through LONDON DCF
tell how long currently it takes to get the LND reference from the Visa unit to be able to complete D260 , medical booking etc

Thank you

Raphael88 Nov 14th 2018 9:50 pm

Re: DCF London - How quick to get LND after petition approval

The petition for my case was officially approved on October 3rd, the letter with the LND reference is dated from October 5th, but my lawyers only received on November 5th. They are stateside so it certainly lengthened the process, but then in my case, it took a month. Hopefully for you, it is faster when they send the letter to the UK.

ledrox Nov 16th 2018 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Raphael88 (Post 12593644)
The petition for my case was officially approved on October 3rd, the letter with the LND reference is dated from October 5th, but my lawyers only received on November 5th. They are stateside so it certainly lengthened the process, but then in my case, it took a month. Hopefully for you, it is faster when they send the letter to the UK.

Hi Raphael88

I was just wondering if you received the I-I130 approval letter in the UK or if this was delivered to your lawyer in the USA.
I received a RFE 9 days ago and I sent a response the day after. I haven't heard anything yet so I was wondering if they will send the approval to my lawyer in the US or to me
thanks
Led

Raphael88 Nov 16th 2018 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by ledrox (Post 12594413)
Hi Raphael88

I was just wondering if you received the I-I130 approval letter in the UK or if this was delivered to your lawyer in the USA.
I received a RFE 9 days ago and I sent a response the day after. I haven't heard anything yet so I was wondering if they will send the approval to my lawyer in the US or to me
thanks
Led

All correspondence was sent to the lawyers, I haven't received a single letter at my address. It took about 2 weeks to received the approval after the affidavit for the RFE was sent, so I'm sure it's just a matter of a few days now.

ledrox Nov 17th 2018 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Raphael88 (Post 12594618)
All correspondence was sent to the lawyers, I haven't received a single letter at my address. It took about 2 weeks to received the approval after the affidavit for the RFE was sent, so I'm sure it's just a matter of a few days now.

Thank you Raphael88 and good luck with your interview and move!

JoJo22 Nov 17th 2018 11:37 am

Between I 130 approval letter and letter with LND was 4 days for us.

ledrox Nov 18th 2018 9:00 am

Originally Posted by JoJo22 (Post 12594792)
Between I 130 approval letter and letter with LND was 4 days for us.

Thank you Jojo

kph100 Nov 19th 2018 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by ledrox (Post 12595201)
Thank you Jojo

Hi , mine was a little longer, dated two weeks after agreement and arrived 2 weeks after I-130 letter arrived.

ledrox Nov 19th 2018 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by kph100 (Post 12595803)
Hi , mine was a little longer, dated two weeks after agreement and arrived 2 weeks after I-130 letter arrived.

thanks kph! It will be two weeks in couple of days! Hopefully by the end of this week I will hear from them
Led

Noorah101 Nov 19th 2018 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by ledrox (Post 12595897)
thanks kph! It will be two weeks in couple of days! Hopefully by the end of this week I will hear from them
Led

Don't forget, this Thursday (and maybe Friday also) is a holiday, so you probably won't hear anything those 2 days.

Rene

ledrox Nov 21st 2018 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 12595938)
Don't forget, this Thursday (and maybe Friday also) is a holiday, so you probably won't hear anything those 2 days.

Rene

that's true! thanks Rene