Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF London - How long unitl NOA1 arrives

Wikiposts

DCF London - How long unitl NOA1 arrives

Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

indigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond repute
Default DCF London - How long unitl NOA1 arrives

Hi there,

My husband (USC) sent in an I-130 application to the US Embassy in London on April 7th for me. However, we have not recieved a NOA or any indication that the embassy definatley recieved the application to date.

Does anyone know how long on average it takes them to send out the inital notice of approval. I've been through the process before and the last time they sent an e-mail saying they had the application 4 days after I sent it. Should I wait another week or so or should I call the visa information line? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks
Old Apr 19th 2010, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

colin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nice
Default Re: DCF London - How long unitl NOA1 arrives

We posted ours Feb 17th and received notification on the 25th feb so anytime i'd think.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:45 am
Just Joined

dannyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by colin2496
We posted ours Feb 17th and received notification on the 25th feb so anytime i'd think.
we sent our around 19th March, never received anything to say they have received it, we also put an email address on bottom of the page..... but they have charged my credit card on the 26th march so im not worried, unless i should be?
Old Apr 20th 2010, 4:33 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Once you see that payment has been taken, you know your case has been accepted for processing (USCIS London-specific).
Old Apr 20th 2010, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

I:

NOA is Notice of Action and not Approval, NOA comes after the fees are taken.

The I-130 approval takes 4-6 months, check the Embassy website of your locale for specific timelines. The I-130 approval depends on the legitimacy of the relationship and clearance of your background checks.

Last edited by lostlove; Apr 20th 2010 at 5:11 am.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 5:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lostlove
I:

NOA is Notice of Action and not Approval, NOA comes after the fees are taken.

The I-130 approval takes 4-6 months, check the Embassy website of your locale for specific timelines. The I-130 approval depends on the legitimacy of the relationship and clearance of your background checks.
The OP is doing DCF, which means filing the I-130 directly to London.

The 4 - 6 month time frame is for processing when the I-130 is filed in the USA. Processing the I-130 via DCF is MUCH faster...maybe only a month or so.

NOA means "Notice of Action". It can be either a notice that the I-130 was received, OR it could be a notice that the I-130 was approved. However, when filing DCF, there is no NOA involved. That's only if you're filing in the USA.

Rene