Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF London how to begin administrative process before I-130 has been approved?

Wikiposts

DCF London how to begin administrative process before I-130 has been approved?

Old Aug 24th 2006, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

Jess5377 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF London how to begin administrative process before I-130 has been approved?

On the embassy website it says:

"If the U.S. citizen and immigrant visa applicant reside in the United Kingdom and the U.S. citizen is filing the I-130 with the Department of Homeland Security (Immigration) in London, it will be possible to begin the administrative processing of the immigrant visa application before the petition is approved and received by the Immigrant Visa Unit. "

Does anyone know how I do this?

I sent the I-130 on the 16th and got a letter today to let me know the petition was received on Aug 18 and it typically takes 12 weeks to be processed. So if we are able to go ahead and somehow do something else or the next step that would be great...

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Aug 24th 2006, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

olliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud of
Default Re: DCF London how to begin administrative process before I-130 has been approved?

Originally Posted by Jess5377
Best way to find out would probably be to contact the embassy.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 5:43 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London how to begin administrative process before I-130 has been approved?

Originally Posted by Jess5377
On the embassy website it says:

"If the U.S. citizen and immigrant visa applicant reside in the United Kingdom and the U.S. citizen is filing the I-130 with the Department of Homeland Security (Immigration) in London, it will be possible to begin the administrative processing of the immigrant visa application before the petition is approved and received by the Immigrant Visa Unit. "

I don't think they are saying YOU can do something. I think they are saying that it will happen that way automatically because you are filing directly at the consulate.

Best Wishes,
Rene