Reload this Page >

DCF London Case Number and Appointment Wait Times

DCF London Case Number and Appointment Wait Times

Old May 21st 2018, 11:26 am
Hne
Just Joined

Hne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF London Case Number and Appointment Wait Times

Does anyone know the current wait times between the approval date for the I-130 and receiving a case number with DCF London? The letter quotes 5 to 8 weeks but I'm sure I've read that people are receiving their case numbers much faster than that. (We haven't received our approval in the post yet as we're in the U.S. until the end of the month, but I was able to confirm with USCIS via email that our I-130 was approved on May 17th).

Also, when you do receive your case number, how soon are medical and interview appointments available? We have all the police certificates, healthy summaries, etc. ready to go so hoping we'll be able to book the earliest medical and interview dates available.
Old May 21st 2018, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

visa_hopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF London Case Number and Appointment Wait Times

It took roughly a month between email-confirmation-of-I130-approved, and actually getting the letter (see timeline thread).
If you are flexible with times on medical and interview, you could get both within a couple of weeks. It seems like medical might be the bottleneck right now.
Old May 22nd 2018, 10:09 pm
Hne
Just Joined

Thanks for that! I have a tracking number for the return envelope I sent and that appears to have arrived today (wish I was there to get it!). So I'm guessing that's the approval letter. Hoping with a bit of luck we might come home to a case number at the end of the month. But perhaps that is wishful thinking.
Old May 31st 2018, 8:53 pm
Hne
Just Joined

Answering my own question in case anyone is interested... so it seems at the moment, there is only a 2 week wait for interview appointments but a 4 week wait for medical appointments.

We arrived back in the UK today and had a case number waiting for us. My approval was May 17th and the letter with the case number was dated May 24th. This afternoon I was able to submit the DS-260 and book the medical and interview for my husband. Unfortunately, while interview dates were available starting from June 12th, the first available medical was not until June 28th. We've booked this but I am hoping to snag an earlier appointment by calling in and checking for cancellations over the next couple of weeks (I did check to confirm I could do this while scheduling the appointment).
Old Aug 29th 2018, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

samills610 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just updating this as I have been paying quite a bit of attention since we submitted my i-130. The processing times have grown quite a lot in the last 9 weeks - in fact it has gone from 2 months to over 3 now...

May or may not be of interest to anybody here, as without any further understanding or insight it might not necessarily be accurate in predicting trend. It is slightly annoying for us as we submitted ours when the processing times were 60 days and hope to move as soon as possible.

Last edited by samills610; Aug 29th 2018 at 2:42 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 3:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry, you'll still move as soon as possible! LOL

Rene
Old Aug 29th 2018, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

samills610 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is true

It is rather a fun game though to track the above and then worry over how it will impact a million different things! At least it keeps me busy, even when in reality I know it is rather futile!
Old Aug 29th 2018, 3:57 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hne
so hoping we'll be able to book the earliest medical and interview dates available.
It is guaranteed everyone can always book the earliest dates available.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

kph100 is an unknown quantity at this point

well I guess either lots filed on the 21st May, or no work was done last week ..lol
Im sure just having had 6 weeks school holidays and vacations, staff absences has had an impact

As we just filed, lets see if it improves. Trying to sell house so not too fussed about speed at present.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Raphael88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the chart Samills610, I've looked at the processing times earlier this week and thought they didn't make any progress but because I couldn't remember what the previous date was, I wanted to believe they had progressed somehow...
It is slightly frustrating as we filed on June 11th and every week for the past 3 weeks, I've been thinking 'Just another 3 weeks and we're done with that first step'. But there's nothing to do to speed things up, so we're just hoping!
Old Aug 31st 2018, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

kph100 is an unknown quantity at this point

As of August 31, 2018, we are processing I-130s filed on June 04, 2018.

The next update will be published on September 07, 2018.

Jumped 2 weeks in the last week, so maybe the last update (which was posted late) was a bit wrong ?
Old Aug 31st 2018, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

You're clutching at straws using those as a benchmark for when you'll hear something.

Sure, they're sometimes accurate but more often than not they're completely inaccurate.

Every case is different. They may pick them up in the order they were received but they may not be completed in the order they arrived. Someone that filed a month later than you may have already heard back etc etc.
Old Sep 1st 2018, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

scar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kph100
As of August 31, 2018, we are processing I-130s filed on June 04, 2018.

The next update will be published on September 07, 2018.

Jumped 2 weeks in the last week, so maybe the last update (which was posted late) was a bit wrong ?

so, I submitted my I-130 on the 21st May. so, they should have got to it by now. when should I hear from them and will it be a letter?
Old Sep 2nd 2018, 12:17 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scar
so, I submitted my I-130 on the 21st May. so, they should have got to it by now. when should I hear from them and will it be a letter?
Did you receive a letter acknowledging receipt, and giving your file date? If not has you payment been taken. If the letter the date that is taken normally corresponds to your file date. If your file date is before June 4th your application is being adjudicated and you will here when it is complete, or a request for further information if required.
Old Sep 2nd 2018, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

scar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lansbury
Did you receive a letter acknowledging receipt, and giving your file date? If not has you payment been taken. If the letter the date that is taken normally corresponds to your file date. If your file date is before June 4th your application is being adjudicated and you will here when it is complete, or a request for further information if required.

yea, payment was taken and I received an email stating it was offically received on the 21st May. so, they must be processing it now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.