Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF London - Can interview be scheduled before medical results?

Wikiposts

DCF London - Can interview be scheduled before medical results?

Old Oct 24th 2010, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

CloudChaser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF London - Can interview be scheduled before medical results?

I notice on the updated London embassy pages that they are saying

The medical examination must take place before the visa interview. The Embassy will not schedule the interview until they have received the results of the medical examination.
http://london.usembassy.gov/immigran...amination.html

Is this 2nd sentence new - meaning that I will now have to take two trips to London?

I was hoping I would be able to schedule the medical after I know when the embassy interview is. (for a day or so before the interview)
Is this a change in rules or is it okay as long as the medical takes place before the interview? I've seen people here do this and even though the embassy doesn't have the results of your medical at the interview time they hold issuing the visa for a few days until the results arrive.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 12:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London - Can interview be scheduled before medical results?

Originally Posted by CloudChaser
I notice on the updated London embassy pages that they are saying

http://london.usembassy.gov/immigran...amination.html

Is this 2nd sentence new - meaning that I will now have to take two trips to London?

I was hoping I would be able to schedule the medical after I know when the embassy interview is. (for a day or so before the interview)
Is this a change in rules or is it okay as long as the medical takes place before the interview? I've seen people here do this and even though the embassy doesn't have the results of your medical at the interview time they hold issuing the visa for a few days until the results arrive.
I can't find the thread on here right now, but seems to me it's a recent change, where the embassy needs the medical results in order to schedule an interview.

Rene
Old Oct 25th 2010, 4:26 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I can't find the thread on here right now, but seems to me it's a recent change, where the embassy needs the medical results in order to schedule an interview.

Rene
It changed within the last month.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 9:43 am
Just Joined

CloudChaser is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Found the thread you were referring too: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688086.

Looks like they are in the process of changing the process.

Quite annoying form since it means I'll have to take two trips all the way down from Scotland.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Found the thread you were referring too: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688086.

Looks like they are in the process of changing the process.

Quite annoying form since it means I'll have to take two trips all the way down from Scotland.
Hi yep that thread was from me - I was given the info from the embassy docs -- you can always call them yourself to double check before you book your two trips down but I was told that the process had changed...I had my medical last week and now will wait for the interview to to scheduled...good luck
Old Oct 26th 2010, 6:57 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

If it is shorter than a 10 hour ferry trip, then no whining allowed.