DCF London

Old Jan 11th 2020, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF London

Confused again.

I was under the impression that fees for I-130 and I-130A (submitted to DCF London) could not be paid using a credit card.

These 2 links seem to contradict each other.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-con...30filing-html/

"Forms of PaymentThe ONLY acceptable forms of payment:
  • Credit card via USCIS Form G-1450 (Authorization for Credit Card Transactions), above;
  • U.S. Bank Cashier’s checks;
  • U.S. Bank or U.S. Postal money order;
  • International bank draft in United States dollars;
    • All checks must be made out to: U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY."

and

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-...n-field-office

"Fee Payment InformationYou must pay the Form I-131A fee online. For all other applications and petitions that you submit to this office, you must pay the fees to the U.S. Embassy cashier using a cashier's check, U.S. dollar money order, or an international bank draft made payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Please do not mail cash, personal checks, or traveler’s checks. Please print your name and complete address on the back of your payment. "

Grateful for clarification.

EDIT The form states it cannot be used at a Field Office. I presume DCF London is a Field Office.

Last edited by stuwoolf; Jan 11th 2020 at 5:20 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 5:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The 2nd link you posted refers to an I-131A, so I'm not sure they are taking about the same thing.

my understanding is that you can now pay by credit card.

Rene
Old Jan 11th 2020, 6:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The 2nd link you posted refers to an I-131A, so I'm not sure they are taking about the same thing.

my understanding is that you can now pay by credit card.

Rene
Was my understanding, as well. In fact, I clearly remember a post a while back stating this. Just to lazy to do an advanced search for it for the OP.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

This is a screen shot of the top section of the form. I do hope it has been superseded as paying by CC is a lot more convenient.

Thanks for the continuing advice and guidance.

Last edited by stuwoolf; Jan 11th 2020 at 7:26 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

swedey2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Please see the latest i130 spouse checklist on the embassy website- it specifically addresses the discrepancy you found and says credit cards can be used.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/i-130-spouse-checklist-20191018.pdf

From my experience if you only look at one piece of guidance during the whole london i130 process, make it this one. Really clear and highlights the usual pitfalls.

Last edited by swedey2k; Jan 12th 2020 at 2:24 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by swedey2k
Please see the latest i130 spouse checklist on the embassy website- it specifically addresses the discrepancy you found and says credit cards can be used.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/...t-20191018.pdf

From my experience if you only look at one piece of guidance during the whole london i130 process, make it this one. Really clear and highlights the usual pitfalls.
Thank you. This is most helpful.

I will study it carefully.

Thanks.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

My wife and I will require a Sponsor and we will be completing Form I-864.

Will this form be accepted as a scanned copy? That is, the Sponsor (living in USA) will complete and sign the form. The Sponsor will then scan the completed and signed form and email it back to us in UK. That form will then be printed and sent along with the I-130 and I-130A.

The question is will a scanned and printed copy of the I-864 be accepted?

Grateful for some guidance.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 9:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The I-864 is not part of the I-130 package. You will bring it with you to the interview.

Your wife will complete an I-864. The joint sponsor will compete a separate I-864. The I-864 forms should be originals, with original signatures. Supporting evidence can be photocopies and scans.

Rene
Old Jan 12th 2020, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

The I-864 is not part of the I-130 package. You will bring it with you to the interview.

Your wife will complete an I-864. The joint sponsor will compete a separate I-864. The I-864 forms should be originals, with original signatures. Supporting evidence can be photocopies and scans.

Rene
Of course. You advised me of this earlier. Apologies.

I wasnt aware that both the Sponsor and the Petitioner both submitted I-864. Thank you.

​​​​​​​What is the timeframe for interviews, after the I-130/A is lodged?
Old Jan 12th 2020, 10:03 pm

The petitioner (your USC wife) IS the financial sponsor, so needs to complete an I-864. If she doesn't have enough in income or assets, a Joint Sponsor can be used, and that person completes his/her own I-864 with supporting evidence.

I think it takes about 4 to 6 months or so for the I-130 approval. After that you book your medical and interview.

Rene
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

jonUK is an unknown quantity at this point

We submitted the I-130 to London US Embassy mid December 2019 and went away for Christmas. We came back to a rejection notice because the credit card used was declined. We contacted the bank and they had no record of an attempt to use it by the London Embassy. We have resubmitted with the same documentation on 9th January and this was signed for on 10th. We have not heard anything since and no money taken out of account. Does anyone have an up to date idea of the timeline for this?

Thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 3:44 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonUK
We submitted the I-130 to London US Embassy mid December 2019 and went away for Christmas. We came back to a rejection notice because the credit card used was declined. We contacted the bank and they had no record of an attempt to use it by the London Embassy. We have resubmitted with the same documentation on 9th January and this was signed for on 10th. We have not heard anything since and no money taken out of account. Does anyone have an up to date idea of the timeline for this?

Thanks
Normally they run the payment when they open the package on receipt, so the payment is run on what becomes the file date.
Old Jan 24th 2020, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Just checking over our 130. When asking for the name of my USC wife, Sponsor, should she fill the forms in using her married name or the name on her passport which is her previous marriage name?

Grateful for all help and guidance.
Old Jan 25th 2020, 12:20 am

She should use whatever name she currently uses. There might be a place to fill in "other names used" where she can put her maiden name.

Rene
Old Jan 29th 2020, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

She should use whatever name she currently uses. There might be a place to fill in "other names used" where she can put her maiden name.

Rene
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.