DCF London

Old Sep 27th 2007, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Loversdream is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF London

Interview is on November 9th at 9:30am

Last edited by Loversdream; Sep 27th 2007 at 1:28 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 6:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London

Yay!
Just after flight prices go down.. that will be one boon
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

GREAT!!! Congrats....
Originally Posted by Loversdream
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

carin123 is an unknown quantity at this point

wishing you all the best.
Let us all know how you get on.
carin
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you very much.... I will keep you posted.

Ohhhhhhhh I do have one problem... If I do get the visa.... I need my passport to get back to Jersey, Channel Islands from London Heathrow. Do airlines accept a certified copy of the passport as ID????

Last edited by Loversdream; Oct 2nd 2007 at 1:13 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhhhhhhh I do have one problem... If I do get the visa.... I need my passport to get back to Jersey, Channel Islands from London Heathrow. Do airlines accept a certified copy of the passport as ID????
Is a flight from London to Jersey, Channel Islands, considered an international flight?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

I think so....
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't look like you go through passport control, but it would be a good idea to find out what is required. In the US, you need some kind of photo ID for internal travel; maybe there is a substitute you can use?
http://www.gov.je/HomeAffairs/CusAndImm/Immigration/
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 5:36 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
It doesn't look like you go through passport control, but it would be a good idea to find out what is required. In the US, you need some kind of photo ID for internal travel; maybe there is a substitute you can use?
http://www.gov.je/HomeAffairs/CusAndImm/Immigration/
"Jersey is not part of the UK, nor the European Union, but is rather a separate possession of the Crown, comparable to the Isle of Man. Jersey belongs to the Common Travel Area.

The Common Travel Area is a passport-free zone which comprises the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey. The area's internal borders are subject only to minimal or non-existent border controls and can normally be crossed by Irish and British citizens (including Manx people and Channel Islanders) with only minimal identity documents. The maintenance of the Area involves considerable co-operation on immigration matters between the British and Irish authorities. There has never been a formal agreement between Ireland and the United Kingdom regarding the Common Travel Area and passports have never been required in the zone (except during wartime)."

Source: WIKI

So an expired passport or a photo driver's license should be sufficient.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

wisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud of

Seems to me we have similar timelines, just that your interview is 3 weeks before OH. We sent our checklist back same date as you. Can you tell me, did you put a date for wanting to enter the USA on your forms and what it was ? just wondering if that is what determines your interview date. We put on th eforms that we hoped to move in Feb 2008.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wisewol
Seems to me we have similar timelines, just that your interview is 3 weeks before OH. We sent our checklist back same date as you. Can you tell me, did you put a date for wanting to enter the USA on your forms and what it was ? just wondering if that is what determines your interview date. We put on th eforms that we hoped to move in Feb 2008.
We put January 2008... so I guess thats why ours was earlier....

I don't have a drivers licence... I do have a certified copy of my passport from Jersey Passport office will that do??? Because travelling via Heathrow I have to show ID
Old Oct 4th 2007, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

wisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud ofwisewol has much to be proud of

We put January 2008... so I guess thats why ours was earlier....

I don't have a drivers licence... I do have a certified copy of my passport from Jersey Passport office will that do??? Because travelling via Heathrow I have to show ID
Just being nosey, where you heading to in the USA ? and do youhave ajob to go to ?
Old Oct 4th 2007, 5:21 pm

I do have a certified copy of my passport from Jersey Passport office will that do???
Honey, it's a long distance call for me.. links above with contact info.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

My timeline is similar is so far as I sent the checklist back a few days after you. Still waiting on interview date and now we have a post strike!!!!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:42 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Is a flight from London to Jersey, Channel Islands, considered an international flight?
No it is within the Common Travel Area and therefore considered a domestic flight.

However the airline may well require picture ID if so they should list the requirement on their web site and the documents they will accept.