DCF London - 2nd stage - a few questions

Wikiposts

DCF London - 2nd stage - a few questions

Old Jun 12th 2010, 3:46 am
Just Joined

henryc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF London - 2nd stage - a few questions

Hi everyone,

My wife (USC) and I (UKC) are trying to get all our documents ready while we wait for our I130 to be processed (we're living in the UK and have applied to the embassy in London). We just have a few questions after reading through the advice on the embassy website as it was not clear:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...v/docs169.html

- Do we need police certificates for both of us or just for me?
- Likewise do we need birth certs for both of us?

On the I864 we have asked my wife's mom to act as a joint sponsor so she will complete an I864 and send it to us along with her tax transcripts. My wife is currently employed in the UK but does not have a definite job lined up in the US. I assume she should put her income on the I864 anyway even though she will be leaving this job when we move.

Finally I assume the only way for my wife to get her tax transcripts is to call the IRS number and get them sent to our address in the UK. Or can she obtain them more quickly from the IRS office in London?

Any advice much appreciated.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 3:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London - 2nd stage - a few questions

Originally Posted by henryc
- Do we need police certificates for both of us or just for me?
Only the UKC needs a police certificate.

- Likewise do we need birth certs for both of us?
For sure the UKC needs the original long form birth certificate. It's not a bad idea to have the USC's birth certificate too, but I'm not sure it's 100% required.

On the I864 we have asked my wife's mom to act as a joint sponsor so she will complete an I864 and send it to us along with her tax transcripts.
Don't forget to have her mom include proof of her US citizenship and proof of her income (such as letter from employer and current pay stubs).

My wife is currently employed in the UK but does not have a definite job lined up in the US. I assume she should put her income on the I864 anyway even though she will be leaving this job when we move.
Yes, that's correct.

Finally I assume the only way for my wife to get her tax transcripts is to call the IRS number and get them sent to our address in the UK. Or can she obtain them more quickly from the IRS office in London?
The IRS in the USA sends the transcripts automatically to the address on the tax return, if that's a US address. I am not sure they will send transcripts overseas. I think obtaining tax information from the IRS office in London is a better idea.

Rene
Old Jun 12th 2010, 3:56 am

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

Police cert just for the UK citizen.

I supplied birth certs for both of us but I can't remember if they wanted both or not. I think they might have.

If yoiu wife's income is not continuing in the US I don't think it goes on the 864.

I used photocopies of previous tax returns rather than transcripts. I faxed a transcript request to the IRS in the US as per their website but never got a response.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

visjig is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything is fine except that the income of your wife from UK will not be counted in the I-864 as it will not be continuing after you move to the states if unless otherwise. This is mentioned on the Instructions for I-864 page 2.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 9:35 am
Just Joined

henryc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, I'd just like to say thanks for your help.