Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF London; questions about interview

Wikiposts

DCF London; questions about interview

Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

rachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nice
Default DCF London; questions about interview

Hi, I waiting for my interview date, I have had my interview and sent my checklist about a month ago. We are hoping to move to USA in January and are keen to get a interview as soon as possible as I have all documentation ready. It is for a marriage based visa and we have applied to London. I have had my medical last tuesday and not heard anything (so good news I think!) and have my completed I 864 and police certificates ready.

I was also a little concerned about the above list where it states the supporting evidence for the I 864. I have completed tax returns and the form with copies of passports is that enough? I have joint sponsors my US husband who resides in the UK on ILR with me and my father in law who resides in USA.

MAny thanks
RAchael
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview this Thursday - Order of paperwork

Originally Posted by rachococo
Hi, I waiting for my interview date, I have had my interview and sent my checklist about a month ago.
You're waiting for your interview, but you had an interview about a month ago? What was that interview for?

We are hoping to move to USA in January....
I hope you are prepared just in case this doesn't happen. There are only 2 weeks left until January 1st, and even if you mean the end of January, that's only 6 weeks away. I sincerely doubt you will have your interview before January 29th.

I was also a little concerned about the above list where it states the supporting evidence for the I 864. I have completed tax returns and the form with copies of passports is that enough?
You are the immigrant, are you not? If so, then YOU don't actually need to include anything with your husband's I-864. Your husband needs to include his tax returns, the I-864, and evidence of his US citizenship.

I have joint sponsors my US husband who resides in the UK on ILR with me and my father in law who resides in USA.
Your husband is not a joint sponsor....he is your sponsor. Since his income doesn't qualify, you are using your father in law as a joint sponsor. So you don't actually have "joint sponsors". You have "a joint sponsor".

Rene
Old Dec 17th 2009, 4:52 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London; questions about interview

It's better if you put your questions in your own thread instead of an unrelated one, so I moved them for you.

Originally Posted by rachococo
Hi, I waiting for my interview date, I have had my interview and sent my checklist about a month ago. We are hoping to move to USA in January and are keen to get a interview as soon as possible as I have all documentation ready. It is for a marriage based visa and we have applied to London. I have had my medical last tuesday and not heard anything (so good news I think!) and have my completed I 864 and police certificates ready.
You may want to email the consulate's IV unit at [email protected]
Include your case number and your compelling reason to have an interview ASAP. If you have ALL your documents and medical completed, tell them that.