British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   DCF Interview - Friday (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/dcf-interview-friday-722854/)

CandK Jun 28th 2011 6:10 am

DCF Interview - Friday

Hi,

I have my DCF Interview in London on Friday.

My wife has now moved back to the US, since last week. We have a joint sponsor which we have signed original Affidavit of Support for.

My wife has not given me her signed affidavit of support - Is it possible for her to fill it out, sign it, scan it and email it to me so that I have a signed one for the Interview on friday?

We have everything else that is required apart from that, and the only way we will be able to get it on time for the interview is by sending it via email and printing off the scanned copy.

If this isn't acceptable, what would be the best thing to do"?

Regards,

CandK

Noorah101 Jun 28th 2011 6:20 am

Re: DCF Interview - Friday

Originally Posted by CandK (Post 9462997)
My wife has not given me her signed affidavit of support - Is it possible for her to fill it out, sign it, scan it and email it to me so that I have a signed one for the Interview on friday?

We have everything else that is required apart from that, and the only way we will be able to get it on time for the interview is by sending it via email and printing off the scanned copy.

If this isn't acceptable, what would be the best thing to do"?

You can certainly bring the scanned copy to the interview, but I doubt it will be acceptable as an original. You will probably be requested to provide the original whenever you get it in hand. Have your wife send the original signed one via Fed Ex or other secure international delivery, so you can return it to the embassy as soon as you get it.

Actually, today is Tuesday here in the USA...she can still send it to you overnight delivery and you should have it in time for Friday's interview. Don't forget, she needs to include her most recent 3 years of tax returns and proof of USCship.

Rene

CandK Jun 28th 2011 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 9463020)
You can certainly bring the scanned copy to the interview, but I doubt it will be acceptable as an original. You will probably be requested to provide the original whenever you get it in hand. Have your wife send the original signed one via Fed Ex or other secure international delivery, so you can return it to the embassy as soon as you get it.

Actually, today is Tuesday here in the USA...she can still send it to you overnight delivery and you should have it in time for Friday's interview. Don't forget, she needs to include her most recent 3 years of tax returns and proof of USCship.

Rene

That's great news thank you!

I will have her fill it out and send email me the scanned copy.

Also have her Fedex the original - If the original doesnt arrive by Thursday (As I leave by Coach from Manchester to London at midnight on Thursday) I will explain to the Officer that it will be here in a day and I will send it to them straight away.

I already have her original Birth Certificate here in the UK and she will be emailing her 3 years tax returns tonight also ready for me to take with me to the interview.

Is there anything that I may be missing?

Thanks for your help,

CandK

Noorah101 Jun 28th 2011 6:33 am

Originally Posted by CandK (Post 9463035)
...and she will be emailing her 3 years tax returns tonight also ready for me to take with me to the interview.

Is there anything that I may be missing?

Is she emailing you IRS Tax Transcripts, or a copy of her actual tax return? If it's a copy of her actual tax return, make sure she includes W-2's or other end-of-year income statements.

If she has any current income listed on her own I-864, she should also send proof of current income (current paystubs or letter from employer).

Rene

CandK Jun 28th 2011 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 9463063)
Is she emailing you IRS Tax Transcripts, or a copy of her actual tax return? If it's a copy of her actual tax return, make sure she includes W-2's or other end-of-year income statements.

If she has any current income listed on her own I-864, she should also send proof of current income (current paystubs or letter from employer).

Rene

I will find out - She hasn't had any earnings over the last few years as she was a student and her family was assisting - Will this make any difference"?

Thanks

Noorah101 Jun 28th 2011 6:36 am

Originally Posted by CandK (Post 9462997)
We have a joint sponsor which we have signed original Affidavit of Support for.

Just to make sure I'm reading this right, you have a joint sponsor, and you have his original I-864, signed by him, in your hands, right?

Rene

CandK Jun 28th 2011 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 9463071)
Just to make sure I'm reading this right, you have a joint sponsor, and you have his original I-864, signed by him, in your hands, right?

Rene

Yes

Noorah101 Jun 28th 2011 6:37 am

Originally Posted by CandK (Post 9463069)
I will find out - She hasn't had any earnings over the last few years as she was a student and her family was assisting - Will this make any difference"?

If she was a student and had very little or no income over the past few years, she probably wasn't required to file a tax return anyway. But if she did, that's cool, and you should go ahead and bring them to the interview.

If she had zero income, then she won't have any W-2. Her tax return will show zero income.

Rene

CandK Jun 28th 2011 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 9463071)

Rene

Yes, this is correct - Does that make a difference?

Thanks again.

Noorah101 Jun 28th 2011 6:56 am

Originally Posted by CandK (Post 9463103)
Yes, this is correct - Does that make a difference?

Thanks again.

No, I just wanted to make sure he signed the original himself. Somehow the way it was worded, sounded like you might have signed it for him.

It's all good.

Rene

CandK Jun 28th 2011 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 9463138)
No, I just wanted to make sure he signed the original himself. Somehow the way it was worded, sounded like you might have signed it for him.

It's all good.

Rene

Thats fine. Thank you.

Just having a look over the completed i864 form from my wife and there are a few things I am unsure of.

She returned to the US last Thursday 23rd June - There is a section that states 'Place of residence' - Now that she has moved back, do we need to enter her mums address, that she has moved back to, or our address in Manchester, UK?

Also, in the 'Country of Domicile' section - Should we enter United States?

Thanks again,

CandK

rpjs Jun 28th 2011 7:33 am

Originally Posted by CandK (Post 9463192)
Thats fine. Thank you.

Just having a look over the completed i864 form from my wife and there are a few things I am unsure of.

She returned to the US last Thursday 23rd June - There is a section that states 'Place of residence' - Now that she has moved back, do we need to enter her mums address, that she has moved back to, or our address in Manchester, UK?

Thanks again,

CandK

Put whatever is true as of the date the form is being filled in and dated.

Noorah101 Jun 28th 2011 7:56 am

Originally Posted by CandK (Post 9463192)

Her I-864 should be filled out, signed, and dated with her current information, since she's living back in the USA now. Should be her US address, and country of domicile is USA.

Rene

CandK Jun 28th 2011 7:58 am

Originally Posted by rpjs (Post 9463212)
Put whatever is true as of the date the form is being filled in and dated.

Thank you very much again!

There is the section about my wife's income - Now, she has only started working this week and will be looking at earning around $4-5k per month before taxes. As she doesnt have any proof of earnings as yet, what should we enter in this section?

Bearing in mind that she doesn't really need to meet the income requirements as the joint sponsor can cover the full amount required.

CandK

rpjs Jun 28th 2011 8:10 am

Originally Posted by CandK (Post 9463241)
Thank you very much again!

There is the section about my wife's income - Now, she has only started working this week and will be looking at earning around $4-5k per month before taxes. As she doesnt have any proof of earnings as yet, what should we enter in this section?

Bearing in mind that she doesn't really need to meet the income requirements as the joint sponsor can cover the full amount required.

CandK

Put in what her annualised income will be, and document it as well as you can - the fact that you have a joint sponsor means you don't need to worry if the ConOff feels it's too recent to be countable, but it won't hurt your case to show it.