Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jun 27th 2011, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

nancyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

I just called the Operator Assistance number to check on case number. They asked to speak to my husband (UKC) and gave him his case number over the phone. They told us to go ahead & book the medical & send forms DS230, DS2001K AND I-864. Anyone else been asked to send I-864 ahead of interview?

Our timeline:

24 Jan - I-130 received
9 June - I-130 approved
17 June - I-130 Approval Notice received (from Rome)
27 June - Called consulate and received case number.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nancyo congrats, what was the number you called?
Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by oliver22
Nancyo congrats, what was the number you called?
The USCIS gave me the Operator Assisted premium rate number 09042 450 100 (hit '3' to avoid listening to all the options & go straight to Immigrant Visas help desk). Think it's open until 9pm. It's the same number listed on the Embassy website. Costs £1.23 per minute. Think it took about 10 mins for the whole call.

Last edited by nancyo; Jun 27th 2011 at 7:04 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Betty, could be too soon, I filed mid Jan and am still waiting to get a letter
Oliver22, have you still not received written approval or case number? I honestly think being sent to Rome slowed our petitions down. I'm not sure why they'd send petitions that were already sitting on their desks for months rather than the ones just coming in. But it would explain why March filers have written approval and case numbers whilst we're still waiting to hear.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I find it so frustrating that because they sent a I130 batch to Rome we are still waiting, it should be first come first served, I have been waiting 6 months almost and not heard anything, when I call there is no one to speak to and no advice other than sit and wait.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

I find it so frustrating that because they sent a I130 batch to Rome we are still waiting, it should be first come first served, I have been waiting 6 months almost and not heard anything, when I call there is no one to speak to and no advice other than sit and wait.
Frustrating it is indeed! I've stopped spending so much time in these forums because as happy as you are for other people to get their approval, it is frustrating to be stuck in limbo when you filed months before.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

betty13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I was going to ask, why do some cases go to Rome?

In my case, they found the lost mail and it was not from USCIS, so I am still waiting...

My Journey:
i-130 sent 2nd March 2011
i-130 filed 10th March 2011
i-130 approval, ???
Old Jun 29th 2011, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by betty13

In my case, they found the lost mail and it was not from USCIS, so I am still waiting...

My Journey:
i-130 sent 2nd March 2011
i-130 filed 10th March 2011
i-130 approval, ???
They had received a higher number of petitions than they could process in a timely manner so some were sent to Rome for processing.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 11:56 am
Just Joined

I don't think the Consulate/IV Unit are aware that USCIS sent some petitions to Rome, so they probably think they are assigning case numbers on a first come first served basis. The operator I spoke to became a bit more helpful after I explained that my approval came from Rome. She then asked if I filed the petition in London, not Rome. I also mentioned that I was aware from 'an internet forum' that people who filed petitions as much as 2 weeks later than me had already received case numbers. That's when she looked it up & asked to speak to my husband (UKC applicant) to give him the case number & instructions.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

robandk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again, another update in case my current timeline is of any interest/help to others:

After I got email confirmation of my LND/Case number four days ago I was able to make a medical appointment for July 12. I then today got the physical letter from the Immigrant Visa Branch at the US Embassy, confirming the LND# and telling me to go to their website for more information on filing the DS-230 & 2001. Just a one page standard letter with nothing I didn't know already.

So, timing so far:
  • Filing I-130 until petition approval: ±4 months (17 weeks)
  • Approval date until found out LND#: 3.5 weeks
  • Approval date until received IV Unit Letter: 4 weeks
  • Case number until Medical appt.: 2 weeks
  • Filing until Medical: ±5.5 months (23 weeks)

How are the times between medical and visa appointments looking?
Rob
Old Jun 29th 2011, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betty13
Quite simply, because they will be processed quicker than if the cases had remained in London.

Ian
Old Jun 29th 2011, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

robandk is an unknown quantity at this point

I forgot to ask: although I have downloaded and completed forms DS-230 and 2001, I have not received a "checklist" from the IV unit, and don't see one to download anywhere.

Do I need to wait for the Packet with checklist before I send in my 230/2001, or should I go ahead and mail now?

Or, is there even a separate "checklist"? Are they talking about the one-page DS-2001 as the checklist?

To add to my general confusion, looking at london.usembassy.gov/ds2001.html Steps 1 & 2 mention only the forms, while further down the page 'What Happens Next' says,
On receipt of the Forms DS-230-I and DS-2001 and document checklist, the Immigrant Visa Unit will complete all necesary administrative processing of your visa application.
Anyone got any thoughts/advice?
Thanks, Rob

Last edited by robandk; Jun 29th 2011 at 4:31 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Originally Posted by robandk
I forgot to ask: although I have downloaded and completed forms DS-230 and 2001, I have not received a "checklist" from the IV unit, and don't see one to download anywhere.

Do I need to wait for the Packet with checklist before I send in my 230/2001, or should I go ahead and mail now?

Or, is there even a separate "checklist"? Are they talking about the one-page DS-2001 as the checklist?

To add to my general confusion, looking at london.usembassy.gov/ds2001.html Steps 1 & 2 mention only the forms, while further down the page 'What Happens Next' says,

Anyone got any thoughts/advice?
Thanks, Rob

If you have all the supporting documents and are ready for the interview , then you send DS230 (my husbands letter asked for part I and II) and also DS2001. He also included a cover letter stating LND number NAME and medical date and date of travel.

Old Jun 30th 2011, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Fenoss is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW!

The petition processing has just jumped forward to the 1st of April! Very few people must have submitted petitions in March as on the 23rd June they were processing petitions submitted on the 1st March! They have really sped up as petitions submitted in November were taking 168 days to process and now its only 90 days!

As of June 30, 2011, we are processing petitions filled on April 01, 2011.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

ShawnR is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to ask if any of the old hands around here had an opinion as to why the processing times have jumped so quickly forward, and if they have ever seen times jump like this before?

Just for info, I filed my I-130 for my UKC husband in April and our official date it was received is April 15th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.