Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jun 10th 2011, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

katq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by parkzy
Just back...all went well. They let me in !! LOL
Will leave a more detailed post about my embassy encounter later.
HOOOORAHH !!
CONGRATULATIONS!
Old Jun 11th 2011, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

parkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by katq
CONGRATULATIONS!
Thanks Kat, all a piece of cake !!
Old Jun 14th 2011, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

LadyElysium is an unknown quantity at this point

So I sent my DS-230/DS-2001 forms 2 weeks ago & had my medical last week. I phoned the US Embassy this morning to see if they've received my medical results and the bloke I spoke to said that the DS-230/DS-2001 & medical results aren't logged under my case number yet, but will be "in the system" in 4 weeks time.

I've read so many people who got their visas this month / late last month didn't have to wait long for their forms/medical to be in the system, this is so frustrating. I can't do diddly squat for yet another 4 weeks.

Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LadyElysium
I've read so many people who got their visas this month / late last month didn't have to wait long for their forms/medical to be in the system, this is so frustrating. I can't do diddly squat for yet another 4 weeks.
Respectfully, this is why it's never a good idea to read about other people's timelines. You begin to think there's some relationship between what happened to them and what'll happen to you... and all that's actually happening, is that you're expectations become more unrealistic.

Ian
Old Jun 14th 2011, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds to me like you have been lucky getting results so fast, I filed my I130 over 5 months ago and not heard back
Old Jun 14th 2011, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Originally Posted by oliver22
Sounds to me like you have been lucky getting results so fast, I filed my I130 over 5 months ago and not heard back
I agree with this, you seem to have flown through the process so far... but its like Ian says .. you cant compare your case to anyone else's .
Old Jun 14th 2011, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

So I sent my DS-230/DS-2001 forms 2 weeks ago & had my medical last week. I phoned the US Embassy this morning to see if they've received my medical results and the bloke I spoke to said that the DS-230/DS-2001 & medical results aren't logged under my case number yet, but will be "in the system" in 4 weeks time.

I know you're eager to go but you should bare in mind that you have gone through this process much faster than normal. So instead of waiting for your I-130 to be approved like so many of us, you're at the finish line. Just take care of everything else here and indulge in all the great British treats you won't be able to enjoy once you move.
The time will pass, don't worry. Good luck to you
Old Jun 14th 2011, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Like enjoy the bad weather. Bit out the blue but does anyone know the rules on driving, would expats need to do a driving test over there?
Old Jun 14th 2011, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Like enjoy the bad weather. Bit out the blue but does anyone know the rules on driving, would expats need to do a driving test over there?
I think it depends on the state. Where I hope to move they let you drive on it for a few months and then you have to get a state license. I'm reading their theory manual at the moment because I imagine driving stateside will be different...dare I say that it's "wrong" to drive on the "right" side of the road! lol! xx
Old Jun 14th 2011, 7:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. But the details depend on what state you'll be living in. For this type of question, there are lots of threads about driving in the General USA portion of the site. Your answers will get lost in this thread.

Rene
Old Jun 15th 2011, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
I know you're eager to go but you should bare in mind that you have gone through this process much faster than normal. So instead of waiting for your I-130 to be approved like so many of us, you're at the finish line. Just take care of everything else here and indulge in all the great British treats you won't be able to enjoy once you move.
The time will pass, don't worry. Good luck to you
I realise I'm lucky that my case got expedited, but my son has not seen his Dad for half his life now and it's very frustrating. There is only so much a person can experience through short videos and my son has zero interest in focusing on a monitor to see his Dad. I've got nothing else to take care of here in the UK, my whole life is waiting for me in the US. My son's too. Plus I'm lucky enough that I'll be living right by a shop called The British Emporium that sells all the stuff I'd probably miss otherwise.

I realise I'm extremely impatient, but who says I can't be? It's only myself who suffers from it. Everyone else can scroll past my incessant whining :P
Old Jun 18th 2011, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

k240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nice

Hello all,

My children and I filed our i130's with the London Embassy on February 15th but still haven't heard anything..I will let you all know when we do :-)

Kam
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Visa interview booked for July 11th at 8am
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Visa interview booked for July 11th at 8am
Wow! That's great. What did you do?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

k240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nice

Wow - how did you get through the system so fast? I filed on Feb 15th but have still heard nothing! I have emailed, explaining the financial hardship I'm facing due to my husband renting in the U.S and renting a property for us here, but have had no response to that either. Judging from the discusions on this forum, it needs to be a very drastic reason for them to expedite an application??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.