Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jan 26th 2012, 5:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by heronbird82
yep! dont i know it! i hope I have enough evidence to prove domicile too, my husband is going to start job hunting as soon as he gets back home. I guess he can include some job searches or something or applications he has applied for? I really dont know. If he doesnt have a job at the time of my interview then i'm just going to hope and pray we have enough evidence!!
I believe the BE Wike guide for DCF has a good section on proving intent to domicile. In addition to showing proof of job hunting, he can also provide things like quotes on shipping things to the USA, communication with realtors for the rent or sale of your UK home, communication with schools in the USA for the kids, anything that shows cutting ties to the UK and creating ties in the USA.

Rene
Old Jan 26th 2012, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

MellD is just really niceMellD is just really niceMellD is just really niceMellD is just really niceMellD is just really niceMellD is just really niceMellD is just really niceMellD is just really niceMellD is just really niceMellD is just really niceMellD is just really nice

Our I-130 approval arrived in the post today! (the filing date was oct 14, 2011.). Strangely this doesn't feel like progress because we can't really do anything yet. All in good time I suppose.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 11:39 am
Just Joined

mrs javamojo is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm scheduled to have the medical exams on the 15th February. When is the right time to post the ds 2001 and the ds 230 part 1 & 2, after the medical or before the medical?

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be alright and that we're on schedule since there is an actual date when we really need to leave England
Old Jan 27th 2012, 11:47 am
Just Joined

niku2 is an unknown quantity at this point

We posted the 2001 and 230 the day after we booked the medical.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrs javamojo
When is the right time to post the ds 2001 and the ds 230 part 1 & 2, after the medical or before the medical?
The "right time" to post the forms is immediately after your medical. However, many people post them a week or so prior to the medical. While I completely understand why they would want to do that, there is a danger that someone will actually check the dates and realize that when the forms were submitted, the medical hadn't yet been completed.

Ian
Old Jan 27th 2012, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

heronbird82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I believe the BE Wike guide for DCF has a good section on proving intent to domicile. In addition to showing proof of job hunting, he can also provide things like quotes on shipping things to the USA, communication with realtors for the rent or sale of your UK home, communication with schools in the USA for the kids, anything that shows cutting ties to the UK and creating ties in the USA.

Rene
Thank you for the info Rene!
Old Jan 30th 2012, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

janeth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nice

Hi all,

Posted our I-130 to the Embassy in London. So our journey has begun

Exciting times ahead.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by janeth8711
Hi all,

Posted our I-130 to the Embassy in London. So our journey has begun

Exciting times ahead.
Congratulations on the first step. We just posted ours a couple of weeks back. Arrived at the embassy on the 11th, payment taken on the 17th, and just got the confirmation e-mail from them today.

It says the current processing time is 4 months, though the website says 3 so here's hoping for a (relatively) speedy process for us all. Good luck with it all!

James
Old Jan 30th 2012, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Procax is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JSL8610
Congratulations on the first step. We just posted ours a couple of weeks back. Arrived at the embassy on the 11th, payment taken on the 17th, and just got the confirmation e-mail from them today.

It says the current processing time is 4 months, though the website says 3 so here's hoping for a (relatively) speedy process for us all. Good luck with it all!

James
We got our email confirmation today too. The race is on.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Procax
We got our email confirmation today too. The race is on.
Haha. I wonder if Judith got hers too, she filed around the same time. Perhaps I'll see you at the interview...
Old Jan 31st 2012, 11:55 am
Mosquito-Bait

teamaven is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone!

My Husband and I are currently going through the visa application process (DCF for a CR-1) and thought I'd check out the forum and see if reading about everyone else's adventures with it could help me stress a bit less!

Our timeline sofar:

9 Nov Mailed I-130 (started stressing!)
30 Nov Rec'd email confirmation that the petition was rec'd (est.wait time of 4 months)
21 Dec Mailed off for Police Certificate (standard, non expedited service)
20 Jan Received Police Certificate

Err, anyhow we're waiting to get the petition approved and are currently tyring to get his vaccinations sorted out with his GP so we won't have to pay extra when we get the appointment with Knightsbridge.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

heronbird82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JSL8610

James
We got our email confirmation too!! very happy!! I know itsearly days but it feels like progress lol
Old Feb 1st 2012, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

danielthompson is an unknown quantity at this point

Visa arrived yesterday!!! So exciting after all the waiting! We've been ready for a few weeks so we're moving to NYC this weekend! Thanks to everyone for your help on here, and I hope it goes well for everyone else currently in the process!
Old Feb 4th 2012, 6:52 pm
Banned

Roys is an unknown quantity at this point

i am wondering what happens if the weather is still bad and i cant get down to london for my interview?? eg trains not running and roads dangerous
Old Feb 4th 2012, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roys
i am wondering what happens if the weather is still bad and i cant get down to london for my interview?
This may seem obvious, but I'm guessing you'll miss your interview... and that would initiate a series of unfortunate events. Plan to get there a day or two early!

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.