Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jan 13th 2012, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Coopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really nice
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by Ryan NI
Thanks for posting that up. So are these all the vacs I will need? I'm sure I've had some of them already done but I guess the best way is to bring this list to my GP, let him check my records and then get him to perform the ones I haven't received, right?

The costs wouldn't be long building up if you were paying for them at your medical!
Yes, take that list to your GP and see what is needed and if he can do them. Then get a list from your GP of every vacc you have had from birth to the present day to take to the medical. It's best to have proof.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 10:28 am
Just Joined

danielthompson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roys
Went for medical on monday and i have heard nothing back so i am thinking that the next thing should be the visa appointment, any ideas as to a time for this????
My wife had her medical on the 20th December, but they needed a letter from our doctor about something so they only submitted the results to the embassy on the 3rd January, and we're still waiting for the interview date too....
Old Jan 14th 2012, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

mrs javamojo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
You don't necessarily need a "reply from the tax office". You just need a complete copy of the tax returns he submitted - the most recent tax year and, if requested, the 3 most recent tax years.

Regards, JEff
Thanks for that. I photocopied 3 most recent tax years before sending. I'm keeping the receipt from the post office as well since I had the post registered
Old Jan 15th 2012, 8:48 am
Just Joined

niku2 is an unknown quantity at this point

just a brief update:

DH's interview date arrived in yesterday's post: 10 February at 9am.

We'll have to go down by train and find a cheap hotel for the night--nigh on impossible to get to London from Birmingham that early.

Hoping to have our house sold and be ready to head back to Chicago by Easter. Barring a sale, I'm afriad we're looking at a voluntary surrender.

Many thanks to all here for all of the guidance provided in this forum.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

little-evo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by niku2
just a brief update:

We'll have to go down by train and find a cheap hotel for the night--nigh on impossible to get to London from Birmingham that early.

Hoping to have our house sold and be ready to head back to Chicago by Easter. Barring a sale, I'm afriad we're looking at a voluntary surrender.

Many thanks to all here for all of the guidance provided in this forum.
Hi there, just a bit of info, there is an early train that leaves for London Euston "early"
We did the same trip a few times (From Wolverhampton, leaves at 5:00am, so gets into New Street at about 5:10am) we have had to go to the embassy for various appointments and more recently for the "interview".
The train stops by New Street and arrives at London by 7am, plenty of time to get your bearings as it were, a taxi ride to the embassy costs about £10, much cheaper than finding a hotel room!!
Old Jan 15th 2012, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

niku2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by little-evo
Hi there, just a bit of info, there is an early train that leaves for London Euston "early"
We did the same trip a few times (From Wolverhampton, leaves at 5:00am, so gets into New Street at about 5:10am) we have had to go to the embassy for various appointments and more recently for the "interview".
The train stops by New Street and arrives at London by 7am, plenty of time to get your bearings as it were, a taxi ride to the embassy costs about £10, much cheaper than finding a hotel room!!
Many thanks for the tip!
Old Jan 15th 2012, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by niku2
just a brief update:

Ours came too, 10th February as well! See you there I guess!
Old Jan 18th 2012, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Evening all. Just starting out on the (rather daunting) journey trying to get my Green card through London. Congratulations to those above who have recently completed it.

Has anybody recently sent their I-130 and know roughly how long London are taking to take payment? I've tried looking around the forum but most posts on the subject are fairly old and suggest 3-7 days (ish). Our package arrived at the embassy on the 11th so I'm not too concerned yet, but my wife (USC) is in the UK on FLR rather than ILR. The website suggests that would be fine as she's been here more than the required 6 months but judging from other posts it's about 50/50 whether they'll process it. Anybody have recent experience attempting to file I-130 in London with USC on FLR?

Thanks for the help. I'll try to post when I hear anything for anybody else starting out around now.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 7:22 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JSL8610
Evening all. Just starting out on the (rather daunting) journey trying to get my Green card through London.
You won't be successful in getting a Green Card through London. But you can get an Immigrant Visa. You'll get the Green Card when you enter the USA using your Immigrant Visa.

Rene
Old Jan 18th 2012, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Rene. Apologies for the loose terminology. It must drive those of you who know what you're talking about insane! I know what I meant in my own head. That doesn't always make it into writing properly...
Old Jan 18th 2012, 7:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene. Apologies for the loose terminology. It must drive those of you who know what you're talking about insane! I know what I meant in my own head. That doesn't always make it into writing properly...
hehehehe...I knew what you meant, but terminology is VERY important. It's best to say exactly what you mean.

Rene
Old Jan 18th 2012, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Has anybody recently sent their I-130 and know roughly how long London are taking to take payment? I've tried looking around the forum but most posts on the subject are fairly old and suggest 3-7 days (ish). Our package arrived at the embassy on the 11th so I'm not too concerned yet, but my wife (USC) is in the UK on FLR rather than ILR. The website suggests that would be fine as she's been here more than the required 6 months but judging from other posts it's about 50/50 whether they'll process it. Anybody have recent experience attempting to file I-130 in London with USC on FLR?

Never mind. In answer to my own question, the money came out today (well after regular banking hours... weird) so it takes about a week currently. Looks like the embassy are happy to accept petitions from USC in the UK on FLR at the moment too. Now for the 3 - 4 month waiting game...
Old Jan 18th 2012, 10:17 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Why weird? The computers, and perhaps some of the 'back office' staff, work 24/7, and a lot more transactions are done that way than by the tellers in the branches.

I haven't stepped into a bank branch office in years, and visit an ATM (which operate 23.75/7, 15 minutes down for servicing) less often than once a month. It's the cyber age!

Regards, JEff

the money came out today (well after regular banking hours... weird)
Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

ClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to allClevelandBrown is a name known to all

Just popped my I-130 in the post.

*fingers crossed!*
Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Our interview was moved to Monday morning, so I'm just getting everything finalised now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.