Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Dec 29th 2011, 2:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by Daca
Why would they give you the option to apply for a waiver if it didn't stand any chance of success?
As you say, you won't know until you try. Perhaps there is a 1% chance, who knows? I guess the option is there, no matter what the chances of success are.

Rene
Old Dec 29th 2011, 3:55 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

How can you apply for a waiver of something before there is something to be waived?
I don't want to have any vaccinations and it appears that I can apply for a waiver to this requirement on religious or moral grounds using form I-601. Does anyone have any idea if I can apply for this waiver now before my medical and interview or do I have to wait to be denied before applying for the waiver?
Because until they see what the basis of the waiver request is, there's no way to know whether it's approvable or not. Some are approvable, some are not.

The reason that you have stated here, "I don't want to have any vaccinations" is almost certainly not approvable, so I agree with Ian that you had best come up with something better to tell the consular officer.
Why would they give you the option to apply for a waiver if it didn't stand any chance of success?
Regards, JEff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Dec 29th 2011 at 3:57 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

CAProgrammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VMsly07
Got to fill out the police check application - am one of those people that opts to do everything electronically and am struggling to find 2 proofs of current address from the past 6 months....
Internet, Cable TV, Land line telephone, cell phone, gas, electric, council tax statements are the usual ones. If you don't have any of these, there are still ways to get acceptable proofs of address....

1. If you have set up your bank account to receive paper free statements you can still go to your bank and order a paper statement (they might charge you £5 - £10 for this). Be aware that this takes anywhere from 5 - 10 working days for you to actually receive the statement in the post depending on the bank.

2. The other tactics you could use are to call up the council and tell them that you think you might be paying too much council tax and you want a written calculation to be mailed to you. You can also contact HMRC (the tax people) and tell them that you might have paid too much tax in the last tax year and request a calculation of your tax mailed to you. The council and income tax statements take ages though (5 - 8 weeks to arrive) so they are a last resort.

Last edited by CAProgrammer; Dec 29th 2011 at 9:34 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply

I do understand that the US doesn't have to give me a visa but I also think that I have enough grounds to apply for a waiver and will be doing so, whether we are successful or not we shall see, but if you don't ask you don't get.

Nobody is saying that there is no chance of being granted a waiver and subsequently a visa, but it will depend on your circumstances and the moral/religious grounds that you base the request for a waiver on.

Also have you thought about what you will you do if you ask and the waiver is denied? Cancel plans to immigrate to the US? Change your religion and/or morals and agree to have the vaccinations?
Old Dec 29th 2011, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tracy_UK
Evening Folks. Just an update! Hubby is now in possession of his IR-1 Visa YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. It came today in the large white plastic bag. Inside was the all important do not open/tamper/destroy large white envelope and his passport with the Visa inside dated Dec 22, 2011 and is valid until June 21, 2012. Also a letter to all new immigrants stating what needs to be done, now, and upon arrival in the USA. We can now set the ball in motion for our journey to Florida .
Congratulations!
Old Jan 1st 2012, 12:40 pm
Banned

Roys is an unknown quantity at this point

HAPPY NEW YEAR happy 2012 to all.

Lets hope that we all get what we want before next new year VISA approval

now what my new years resolution is to get my medical done on 9th jan and leave the uk early summer
Old Jan 1st 2012, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

VMsly07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CAProgrammer
Internet, Cable TV, Land line telephone, cell phone, gas, electric, council tax statements are the usual ones. If you don't have any of these, there are still ways to get acceptable proofs of address....

1. If you have set up your bank account to receive paper free statements you can still go to your bank and order a paper statement (they might charge you £5 - £10 for this). Be aware that this takes anywhere from 5 - 10 working days for you to actually receive the statement in the post depending on the bank.

2. The other tactics you could use are to call up the council and tell them that you think you might be paying too much council tax and you want a written calculation to be mailed to you. You can also contact HMRC (the tax people) and tell them that you might have paid too much tax in the last tax year and request a calculation of your tax mailed to you. The council and income tax
statements take ages though (5 - 8 weeks to arrive) so they are a last
resort.
Cheers! I ended up sending a copy of the council letter that my residents parking permit came attached to and the most recent gas bill by printing the pdf. I called the enquiry line and asked if they accept printed utility bills and was told as long
as it has the name and address it would be ok....

It ain't easy being green!

They ask for 'official correspondence' which I suppose doesn't mean it has to
be received in the mail these days?

Word of caution to anyone using this application form soon....the November 2011 revision requires 10 years of previous addresses compared to 5 years for the December 2010 version....I nearly got caught out with a form I printed
back in September.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

mrs javamojo is an unknown quantity at this point

I've also filed my I-130 form in London... hopefully I would be able to finish everything by June, 2012 since my husband and I are planning to move by June/July this year. I've already received the letter that the petition was approved and that I need to do my medical and return DS-230 part 1/2. I have 1 question about item 2 though about the other name used... on the application form, item 1 I'm still using my maiden name (as it was still the name on my passport, I haven't had my passport change) can I use my married name on item 2 as other name used as some of my documents like bank statement, tax returns and employment records were on my married name already?

thanks for replying in advance. happy new year to all... hopefully visa for all of us applying
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrs javamojo
I'm still using my maiden name (as it was still the name on my passport, I haven't had my passport change)...
Just a quick FYI: you weren't obligated to use your maiden name on the application just because that's the name on your passport. When you purchase your flight tickets, the name on the ticket must match the name on your passport, regardless of the name on your visa.

... can I use my married name on item 2 as other name used as some of my documents like bank statement, tax returns and employment records were on my married name already?
Yes, you can.

Ian
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 7:59 pm
Banned

Roys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrs javamojo
I've also filed my I-130 form in London... hopefully I would be able to finish everything by June, 2012 since my husband and I are planning to move by June/July this year. I've already received the letter that the petition was approved and that I need to do my medical and return DS-230 part 1/2. I have 1 question about item 2 though about the other name used... on the application form, item 1 I'm still using my maiden name (as it was still the name on my passport, I haven't had my passport change) can I use my married name on item 2 as other name used as some of my documents like bank statement, tax returns and employment records were on my married name already?

thanks for replying in advance. happy new year to all... hopefully visa for all of us applying
fingers crossed you make it but your cutting it very tight, i am going for my medical on the 9th of jan and hoping to leave late may early june the I-130 can take 3-4months sorry to tell you, try looking on the website proccesing guide.

Old Jan 2nd 2012, 8:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roys
... the I-130 can take 3-4months sorry to tell you, try looking on the website proccesing guide.
Recent anecdotal processing information suggests the I-130 in London is currently taking about 8 months - regardless of what the website says.

Ian
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

mrs javamojo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Just a quick FYI: you weren't obligated to use your maiden name on the application just because that's the name on your passport. When you purchase your flight tickets, the name on the ticket must match the name on your passport, regardless of the name on your visa.

Yes, you can.

Ian
Thank you

Originally Posted by Roys
fingers crossed you make it but your cutting it very tight, i am going for my medical on the 9th of jan and hoping to leave late may early june the I-130 can take 3-4months sorry to tell you, try looking on the website proccesing guide.

my medical is on the 15th of february ... praying that I get to be scheduled for an interview mid to late march (if I passed the medical)

hoping to have everything done before the 13th of july (it's when my uk visa expires... I don't want to get a new one)
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Coopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really nice

Happy New Year everyone!

Well, I have my interview on Thursday at 8:30am and The Embassy have given the all clear for my wife to attend as well. Travelling down to London tomorrow to have a bit of chill out time before the big day. Will spend all of tonight checking all the documents thoroughly again.
Quick Questions please: What's the name of the pharmacy where we can store our personal stuff and how much do they charge ?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 11:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Coopernaut
What's the name of the pharmacy where we can store our personal stuff and how much do they charge ?
Gould's. Not sure how much they charge... just a few quid, I think.

Ian
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Coopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Gould's. Not sure how much they charge... just a few quid, I think.

Ian
Thanks Ian, much appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.