Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Nov 21st 2011, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

krazstir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You'll want to make copies for yourself anyway... make an extra one.

Ian
Thanks! Will do.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Tracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really nice

Many thanks everyone. I've decided to have the originals use a green sticky tab on them and to have the copy directly behind the other. I'll keep all my important documents like the birth certificates, marriage certificate, divorce papers, DS-230 Part II, I-864, etc. in the green plastic envelope, and the others like the proof for domicle, bank statements, tax returns, etc. in the clear plastic envelope. So much paperwork and not enough space.

I'll let you all know how we get on tomorrow.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Tracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really nice

Originally Posted by krazstir
Thanks for the info! Our interview is tomorrow morning! Yikes!!! A bit nervous- but I think I have everything ready.

Good Luck tomorrow Krazstir!, most likely we'll be standing next to each other in the queue Same time, same place, til tomorrow
Old Nov 21st 2011, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tracy_UK
Good Luck tomorrow Krazstir!, most likely we'll be standing next to each other in the queue Same time, same place, til tomorrow
Yes- All the best with you as well! Might see you tomorrow- we're the couple that has me checking forms again and again as I wait in my seat and hubby will most likely be reading a book on his iphone!

Old Nov 21st 2011, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Yes- All the best with you as well! Might see you tomorrow- we're the couple that has me checking forms again and again as I wait in my seat and hubby will most likely be reading a book on his iphone!

Lol. I think he had better bring in a paperback as I believe his Iphone won't be allowed in . No electronic devices. We'll be storing all our stuff atGould's Pharmacy near by.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CAProgrammer
They aren't silly questions I had very similar concerns about them getting the originals and copies mixed up and holding on to the originals by mistake. I was also concerned about the order in which I should place things in my file.

First off, they won't take your whole file from you, they ask you for individual items with the copies.

For example they will ask for your husband's birth certificate with the copy so he hands them to the administrative worker, he/she will tick it off on a list, file them in your case file and then ask for the next item. They have their own file that they place the items in.

He would need to have the original + copy for your divorce decree as well as his own.

At the end of the second interview with the Consular Officer he should make sure he has been given back all of the original documentation that he handed to them at the first interview.

You do not need copies of the passport or the passport photographs.

He should take all of the documentation specified on the US Embassy London's "Documents Required for the Interview" webpage including your birth certificate. They might not ask for the documents but he should have them just to be safe. The page I'm referring to is http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html

Many thanks CAProgrammer for your quick response! Makes it easier ans less confusing when getting info from someone who has just been through it like yourself.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

little-evo is an unknown quantity at this point

Crisis over!!

Embassy has mailed back we have our appointment interview December 19th at 8:30am!!!

Last edited by little-evo; Nov 21st 2011 at 4:13 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

mikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond repute

So I am flying tomorrow morning @ 6.40am, whilst checking in online, the BA site is asking for my Alien Registration number? I have so much damn paperwork and much of it is at the bottom of a suitcase which looks fit to burst. Anyone know where this number is? I looked at the VISA stamp in my passport, tried the one which says 'registration number' and the site rejected it

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

CAProgrammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikechristina
So I am flying tomorrow morning @ 6.40am, whilst checking in online, the BA site is asking for my Alien Registration number? I have so much damn paperwork and much of it is at the bottom of a suitcase which looks fit to burst. Anyone know where this number is? I looked at the VISA stamp in my passport, tried the one which says 'registration number' and the site rejected it

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is the registration number from the visa with an A in front. Also they expect a 9 digit number so if yours is only 8 digits then add a "0" at the start.

So a registration number of 12345678 becomes and A number "A012345678"
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAProgrammer
It is the registration number from the visa with an A in front. Also they expect a 9 digit number so if yours is only 8 digits then add a "0" at the start.

So a registration number of 12345678 becomes and A number "A012345678"
Thanks CAD - you are a star. How the hell is anyone meant to work that out????
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 2:45 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It's a FAQ, asked and answered frequently.

Regards, JEff

How the hell is anyone meant to work that out????
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 8:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

... hubby will most likely be reading a book on his iphone!
For sure he won't be doing that. Iphones and other electronic devices are not allowed in the embassy.

Rene
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 9:29 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
For sure he won't be doing that. Iphones and other electronic devices are not allowed in the embassy.

Rene
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
Good news people!! Visa was approved!!! Thank goodness its over for now. Went in at 8AM and finished and was outta there by 1030AM! No problems at all....

Yes yes.. knew that about the electronic devices.... had a brain slip while posting. We didn't have anything with us except one key to our car and the paperwork in a bag.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Thanks CAD - you are a star. How the hell is anyone meant to work that out????
All the best with everything! Glad you asked that question about the
registration number- I wouldn't have known that either!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.