Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Nov 7th 2011, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by lorenei
Oh brilliant! I was wondering how it went for you and that other girl we met

And yes was great to have some company there, otherwise the nerves would have probably been even worse!!
My VISA arrived this morning - I have it waiting for me when I get home. Interview was Thursday 3rd. Fingers crossed yours is as quick (PS - I paid £14.80 for standard delivery). Pretty damn quick all in all

I think we must be the 3 happiest people on the planet right now, feels like winning the lottery
Old Nov 7th 2011, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

lorenei is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mikechristina
My VISA arrived this morning - I have it waiting for me when I get home. Interview was Thursday 3rd. Fingers crossed yours is as quick (PS - I paid £14.80 for standard delivery). Pretty damn quick all in all

I think we must be the 3 happiest people on the planet right now, feels like winning the lottery

Oh wow that was incredibly quick delivery for you, the guy at the courier stand told me today that it usually takes 7-10 days for an immigrant visa

And yes I'm soo happy, can't wait to see my wonderful husband soon
Old Nov 7th 2011, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

krazstir is an unknown quantity at this point

Many Congrats to all of you!! Your good news is good news for everyone! Gives us hope that we'll be successful too!

Our interview is November 22nd.... 2 weeks to go... I'm buried in paperwork right now sorting through everything for the interview. Really scary!
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond repute

For all people going for an interview, you CAN take your bag in with you. I booked mine into Gould Pharmacy but loads of people brought theres in. They have tight security, much like an airport.

Mobiles and other electronic devices may be excluded? Not sure, but all I took in was my bundle of docs and a book (which whilst waiting for 4 hours - I needed!)

It is nerve jangling stuff for sure, but if you have nothing to hide then you will get your VISA.

Good lukc to everyone else
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by krazstir
Many Congrats to all of you!! Your good news is good news for everyone! Gives us hope that we'll be successful too!

Our interview is November 22nd.... 2 weeks to go... I'm buried in paperwork right now sorting through everything for the interview. Really scary!
Best of luck, I really hope your interview goes smoothly

And yes paperwork is scary, I brought a huge folder of stuff with me + 3 photo albums, but was litereally only asked for papers they list in their documents checklist on the website! At least the photo albums were entertaining to the lovely ladies waiting with me for their CR1/K1 interviews in the waiting room hehe

Last edited by lorenei; Nov 7th 2011 at 4:12 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krazstir
... noticed his I-864 form says at the top that it expires 10/31/2011.... what to do?
Do nothing. The most recent forms are always allowed.

Ian
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Tracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really nice

Congrats to the both of you Lorenei and mikechristina of getting your visas approved.

I was wondering about when you say they only wanted to see the documents on the document checklist have either of you submitted bank statements as part of your package for assets use. It says somewhere that they want 12 months worth of statements is that what they really are wanting to see who is that wrong?

I have made copies but boy does it make a huge bundle with two accounts UK & USA statements.

Don't want to go overboard with the documents. Are we allowed to staple items together? Keep all originals together and the copies together?
Old Nov 7th 2011, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tracy_UK

I was wondering about when you say they only wanted to see the documents on the document checklist have either of you submitted bank statements as part of your package for assets use. It says somewhere that they want 12 months worth of statements is that what they really are wanting to see who is that wrong?

Tracy-

We did not have to submit bank statements but we filed from the USA, so your's may be different from ours. We did not have to show assets just my latest paychecks/employment letter & Tax returns.

Good luck
Old Nov 7th 2011, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tracy_UK
Congrats to the both of you Lorenei and mikechristina of getting your visas approved.

I have made copies but boy does it make a huge bundle with two accounts UK & USA statements.

Don't want to go overboard with the documents. Are we allowed to staple items together? Keep all originals together and the copies together?
I didn't have any bank statements with me for financial proof - just one old one and one recent one from mine and my hubby's joint account for proof of relationship, which I was never asked to show.

But our situation is somewhat different from most people applying through London in that my hubby is dual national UK/USA and when we filed he was still in the UK but went to USA to start his new job there shortly afterwards, so I had plenty of paystubs and an employment letter from his current job as proof of current assests for the Affidavit of Support. Also had tax returns forms for 2010, 2009 and 2008 for his UK income.

As for stapling I did staple things together. For example for my Affidavit of Support I had the form I-864, employment letter copy, paystubs copies and tax return copies all stapled together. Then I had the originals of those those things stapled together as well but they didn't even take the originals of the paystubs or tax returns, the guy just took a look at them and gave them back to me right away.

I don't think you can ever go overboard with the proof you bring with you, I brought tonnes with me and was only asked for the things from the checklist but I still think it's better to be safe
Old Nov 7th 2011, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

CAProgrammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats everyone! I can just imagine how excited you must be
Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CAProgrammer
Congrats everyone! I can just imagine how excited you must be
You are not far behind us CAD, all the best for Tuesday. Take some reading material with you, it can be pretty boring sat waiting for your number to be called

PS there is a lovely Pub on the corner of Audley Street for a celebratory drink afterwards - best pint I ever had (circumstances helped!)
Old Nov 8th 2011, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

krazstir is an unknown quantity at this point

For all people going for an interview, you CAN take your bag in with you. I booked mine into Gould Pharmacy but loads of people brought theres in. They have tight security, much like an airport.

Mobiles and other electronic devices may be excluded? Not sure, but all I took in was my bundle of docs and a book (which whilst waiting for 4 hours - I needed!)

It is nerve jangling stuff for sure, but if you have nothing to hide then you will get your VISA.

Good lukc to everyone else
Oh good, thanks for letting us know. I have a bag I wanted to bring to put the documents in (it's not very big at all) but wasn't sure if they would allow it. Would hate to carry all the documents in an awkward folder on the tube! Would be just my luck that they spill out everywhere!

Originally Posted by lorenei
Best of luck, I really hope your interview goes smoothly

And yes paperwork is scary, I brought a huge folder of stuff with me + 3 photo albums, but was litereally only asked for papers they list in their documents checklist on the website! At least the photo albums were entertaining to the lovely ladies waiting with me for their CR1/K1 interviews in the waiting room hehe
Thanks! Can't wait to get it over with.... Didn't think to bring photos. Might add a few to the evidence just in case. Can never be too prepared! Can't wait for hubby to get his visa so I can go home!!!!! The immigration guys at the Philly airport always laugh at me when we go visit b/c I have a big smile on my face... can't wait to tell them I'm home for good!!

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Do nothing. The most recent forms are always allowed.

Ian
Oh good... thanks! One less thing to worry about for now!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Coopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really nice

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone who had their I-130 approved around October 24th have had their case number yet ? Just a bit concerned as I go on holiday on the 18th, and would ideally like to have my case number before then so I can book my medical for the end of the month when I return.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Coopernaut
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone who had their I-130 approved around October 24th have had their case number yet ? Just a bit concerned as I go on holiday on the 18th, and would ideally like to have my case number before then so I can book my medical for the end of the month when I return.
Took them about 1 month to give me my case number, it was agonising!

I think there is a lesson here about a 'watched kettle' - pity I learnt this after the event!

I dont think you can measure how quick you will get your number against other I130's appoaved at the same time - this system just does not seem that easy to measure/compare.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Coopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really niceCoopernaut is just really nice

Took them about 1 month to give me my case number, it was agonising!

I think there is a lesson here about a 'watched kettle' - pity I learnt this after the event!

I dont think you can measure how quick you will get your number against other I130's appoaved at the same time - this system just does not seem that easy to measure/compare.
Yeah I know Just so difficult getting extra time off work. I take it that they don't give the case numbers out over the (expensive) phone line do they ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.