Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

katjoeuk will become famous soon enough
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Hooray!!!! Received the anxiously awaited interview appointment letter in the mail today !!!!
Unfortunately, it's only for September 8 (I would have liked to get it over and done with asap) but I'm not going to complain as this should be enough time for us to get the passport back for our outbound flight on September 30 (provided all goes well at the interview....)

let's hope the riots will have stopped by then!!!!!!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Gerber will become famous soon enough

My DH's interview is tomorrow morning. He's travelling onto London tonight...with all the rioting, I'm hoping he'll be ok.

Has anyone else had an interview this week? How did it go?
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Katk almost there now
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

whitebear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lisa A Burrows
Kupo - The one thing I have learned from this process is patience! This site gave me the confidence to wait! Believe you me I waited 28 weeks before I finally got my case number! So you are very new in the que! If they took your money then your in the que! It won't be long so use this time to get all your other paperwork in order, read everything you can on the embassy website!

I can finally say that we have completed the interview and what relief! It is so funny how after every stage I worry all over again for the next stage! We are due to receive the mysterious brown envelope today and we have booked our road trip (flying to New York on the 3rd of sept, driving to St Louis, then off to Vegas and then settling in Az!) Crazy I know, but we want to see my family all along the way and flights are a fortune right now! The interview bit was such a no biggie, we originally did not send in our DS 2001 pt 2 so we sent next day delivery the next day and they still didnt have it when we arrived at the interview so they just had us fill out and sign another one lol! tsh, just not a big deal really.

OLIVER - how are you getting on?

I hope everyone really appreciates this message board as much as I have as it has helped me get through this process! Now I need to focus on the what happens when we get off the plane, ahhhh, I have not even looked at that part! I have heard that you have to give an address at the first place you are going to stay? we are stopping in New York at a random hotel, yikes, I will go and read up now lol. Thanks to all the moderators for all their funny, no nonsense comments and fabulous encouragement and help! The best quote, which is now my mantra, "it is what it is"
So glad for you. Despite our earlier communication, they have still not given me an interview date, with timeline of Medical on 12th July and Ds203 sent on 29th June.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

whitebear it sounds like you need to contact them
Old Aug 10th 2011, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Whitebear, I agree - you should call them; we called last Thursday, they told us to email them the DS2001 again (as they said they hadn't received it yet, even though it arrived at the Embassy on July 25th) on Friday and had the letter with the interview appointment in the mail today (posted Tuesday)!
Best fiver ever spent

It seems like you get there much faster if you jsut call that friggin' number - that's how we got our case number and that's how we got our interview date!!!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by katjoeuk
Whitebear, I agree - you should call them; we called last Thursday, they told us to email them the DS2001 again (as they said they hadn't received it yet, even though it arrived at the Embassy on July 25th) on Friday and had the letter with the interview appointment in the mail today (posted Tuesday)!
Best fiver ever spent

It seems like you get there much faster if you jsut call that friggin' number - that's how we got our case number and that's how we got our interview date!!!
Attorney already contacted them. Response time 3-5 days.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

ismo220 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gerber
My DH's interview is tomorrow morning. He's travelling onto London tonight...with all the rioting, I'm hoping he'll be ok.

Has anyone else had an interview this week? How did it go?
We had our interview yesterday. We live in Croydon and travelled to London and there was not a single problem with the riots, so all should be fine.

Hubby was approved!!! I was so excited.

We got the 05.45 train into Victoria then the Victoria line to Green Park. We walked from Green park. It only took 10 minutes and was a very nice walk. There were two people in the line, both got turned away when security opened as they had electronics on them that they should not have. So hubby was literally the first one in.

I went and had a coffee at the local Starbucks (only a 5 minute walk from the embassy). I managed to wait there until about 08.30 then couldn't sit still any more and walked back to the embassy.

He was the first Immigrant visa in line. He said there were a lot of people there, but they were mainly there for non-immigrant visas. I saw a lot of people get turned away at security. One woman even brought a laptop!! Clearly these people are not reading the forums

He said it was very quick and easy. He was only asked on question. They asked who my father was as he is our co-sponsor on the I-864. My husband stated that he was his father-in-law and the lady at the desk said "I'm happy to approve your visa, please raise your right hand..." And that was it!

One thing to point out, I didn't go in so I held onto his mobile during his interview. He got a test at around 08.30 from our bank stating that he made a purchase in the United States and to call if it was not correct. Now luckily the bank didn't block his card. However, if it were me, my card most certainly would have been blocked! So you may want to call your bank ahead of time to let them know that you will be making a purchase at the US Embassy so they can put a note on the account.

The last thing you want is for your card to get denied and you to have no access to phone to sort it out!

So after 10 months of going through this it's finally all done. I can hardly believe it still. I've been stressing the entire time during this process and when we returned home yesterday I passed out on the sofa and slept for hours! Definitely a sense of relief.

Next thing to worry about is my poor kitties being put on a plane for 8 hours! They land 6 hours before us so my mom is picking them up. We will be in the air when they get there, so I literally won't know that they arrived safely until I get to the other side and my mom can tell me so.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Best fiver ever spent

That's how we got our interview date too. We called and asked them to expedite it and that's when they gave us the code and the email. I'm not 100% if they did expedite it, but we seemed to have received our interview date quicker than others.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Hey Ismo congrats so happy for you, have a great time out in the states
Old Aug 11th 2011, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ismo220
That's how we got our interview date too. We called and asked them to expedite it and that's when they gave us the code and the email. I'm not 100% if they did expedite it, but we seemed to have received our interview date quicker than others.
Well, it certainly seems like it - or else it's just coincidence that all of us who called got their appointments within the following days...but you know what, at this point, I couldn't care less whether it's coincidence or not - I"m just happy that the final hurdle in finally in sight!!
Ismo, thanks for posting, I think I got the idea from you

I have to say though, we must have spent a hundred quid on this phone number, all in all...maybe I could have saved some of that money by finding this thread earlier, there are so many knowlegable here!!!!

God I'm so glad the cats are travelling in the cabin with us...I think I would get a heart attack if we were separated!!! Oh, by the way, it says on the United website that pets travelling from the UK to the US aren't allowed, but that's not true; that's who we're flying and the cats are booked on (and a friend of ours just recently did the same - she had three cats so had to put two of them in the hold, but took the third one with her into the cabin). Just for your information!!
Blessed are the kitties who have no idea that they'll soon be making a looooooooooong loooooooong trip!!! No return, too
Old Aug 11th 2011, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

bobLobLaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it certainly seems like it - or else it's just coincidence that all of us who called got their appointments within the following days...but you know what, at this point, I couldn't care less whether it's coincidence or not - I"m just happy that the final hurdle in finally in sight!!
Ismo, thanks for posting, I think I got the idea from you

I have to say though, we must have spent a hundred quid on this phone number, all in all...maybe I could have saved some of that money by finding this thread earlier, there are so many knowlegable here!!!!

God I'm so glad the cats are travelling in the cabin with us...I think I would get a heart attack if we were separated!!! Oh, by the way, it says on the United website that pets travelling from the UK to the US aren't allowed, but that's not true; that's who we're flying and the cats are booked on (and a friend of ours just recently did the same - she had three cats so had to put two of them in the hold, but took the third one with her into the cabin). Just for your information!!
Blessed are the kitties who have no idea that they'll soon be making a looooooooooong loooooooong trip!!! No return, too
We've called the embassy about 4 times now and they keep saying to wait even though we sent our forms 6 weeks ago, and the medical was 4 weeks ago on monday..
Old Aug 11th 2011, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bobLobLaw
We've called the embassy about 4 times now and they keep saying to wait even though we sent our forms 6 weeks ago, and the medical was 4 weeks ago on monday..
What's your timeline Bobloblaw?
Old Aug 11th 2011, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Have you requested to expedite the interview date? We were told to wait the first 3 times we called, then the 4th time we used the magic word "expedite" and that's when they gave us the code.

However, it would appear that there are no set rules unfortunately. I hope you hear back soon.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Really??? Now that doesn't sound fair....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.