Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jul 26th 2011, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

k240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nice
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Hey Lisa - my interview with my kids is also on 5th August! So if you see a stressed out woman trying to keep two bored little girls quiet, that will be me! Kam
Old Jul 26th 2011, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

ShawnR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gattamelata
quick question! we got our I-130 approval letter on Saturday and its says we'll receive the case number within three weeks.

Do we have to wait until we get the letter with the case number before we book the medical? It doesnt say on the form, which is very uninformative!
Hi gattamelata,

We received an email notification of approval of our i130 but haven't received anything in the post. Did you receive an email or just the letter or both?

Thanks!
Old Jul 26th 2011, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lisa A Burrows
Hi all,

We just got our interview date today for the 5th of August!!! WOW, I wasn't expecting that! What a huge relief!

Process is as follows:
filed I-130 -Jan25th
approval via phone June 25th
sent in DS 230 pt1 and 2001 July 12th
sent in DS 230 pt 2 July 14th (oops)
medical July 14th

Rang embassy today not on the system so they gave me an email address with a code to put in the subject line. We asked if our petition could be processed more quickly as we have real job prospects waiting for us and they emailed back today with an appointment on the 5/8/11!

Totally and utterly elated!!!
I'm really pleased for you! It's only around the corner now!
Old Jul 27th 2011, 6:42 am
Lisa

Lisa A Burrows is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by k240604
Hey Lisa - my interview with my kids is also on 5th August! So if you see a stressed out woman trying to keep two bored little girls quiet, that will be me! Kam
Hi Kam, our appt is, I believe the first one at 8:30am! I am pretty calm about it all where my husband is the stressy one lol. It will be fine, they have lots of toys in the room for kids so they will be distracted enough! Bring snacks! Think positive and visualise the day and you will bring a good positive energy to situation!
Old Jul 27th 2011, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

ismo220 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whitebear
I filed on 9th Feb and had medical on 12th July also. You have given me hope that maybe, just maybe I will get my interview date close to yours.
We sent our DS230 and DS2001 on June 27th. When did you send yours? They said it can take 2-4 weeks from the time they receive your documents to book it. And in the email I received on Monday, they said that they posted the letter that day. I still have not received it. So yours could be in the post still too!
Old Jul 27th 2011, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

k240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nice

Thanks Lisa - I will try to stay as calm and positive as you sound! I didn't remember any kids' toys from my last visit, although I didnt look as I was alone... So that's a relief as I imagined my girls getting really bored....

My appointment is at 9.30, meaning we have to leave our hometown at 5.45 unfortunately. But on the plus side, I'm hoping we will be out of there before lunch time so we can have a nice lunch somewhere, hopefully to celebrate the good news that we can reunite our family again soon!!!

Anyway I hope it all goes smoothly for both of us
Old Jul 27th 2011, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lisa A Burrows
Hi Kam, our appt is, I believe the first one at 8:30am! I am pretty calm about it all where my husband is the stressy one lol. It will be fine, they have lots of toys in the room for kids so they will be distracted enough! Bring snacks! Think positive and visualise the day and you will bring a good positive energy to situation!
I think they do a first come first serve thing. They open at 8am. I read a post from someone once that said their appointment was at 9am. He arrived at 07.45 just to be s safe and was let in at 08.00. Then he was seen at the first desk at 08.15, he was the second one there for an immigrant visa.

I think they break you up by type of visa. Then you get called to several desks for different parts of the interview. The guy in the post said he was done by 09.15. So if you are bring your kids with you best to leave early and be one of the first seen I think! We're planning on getting there super early on the 10th.

Good luck to everyone!
Old Jul 27th 2011, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by k240604
Thanks Lisa - I will try to stay as calm and positive as you sound! I didn't remember any kids' toys from my last visit, although I didnt look as I was alone... So that's a relief as I imagined my girls getting really bored....

My appointment is at 9.30, meaning we have to leave our hometown at 5.45 unfortunately. But on the plus side, I'm hoping we will be out of there before lunch time so we can have a nice lunch somewhere, hopefully to celebrate the good news that we can reunite our family again soon!!!

Anyway I hope it all goes smoothly for both of us
There's an American Diner nearby, that's where we're going afterwords, assuming it's good news!

http://www.goodlifediner.com/

It's located between Regent Street and Carnaby Street.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 9:52 am
Just Joined

RoryIan is an unknown quantity at this point

While I know that every case is different I am a little frustrated that people who had their medical after me already have thier interview dates. (That being said I also wish them the best of luck )

I called the embassy to check that they had all my docs and they confirmed that they did. The chap on the line also said something that they were ready to offer me an interview date and that I should just wait 2 - 4 weeks.

The question I have is this. I am a South African National, married to a USC. Is it likely that I am possibly experiencing longer processing time since I am not a British National?
Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

That American Diner looks fab, and very appropriate! Think we may have to stop there afterwards...

As for getting there early, our train to London is already booked (and is quite early enough at 6am!) but I'm intending to go straight to the Embassy and should be there by 8.30am..
I know the instructions say they wont let you in more than 30 minutes before your appointment, but I'm hoping that like you say, at the beginning of the day, they will just let us in and hopefully process us quickly!

Oooh I'm getting excited now!
Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RoryIan
While I know that every case is different I am a little frustrated that people who had their medical after me already have thier interview dates. (That being said I also wish them the best of luck )

I called the embassy to check that they had all my docs and they confirmed that they did. The chap on the line also said something that they were ready to offer me an interview date and that I should just wait 2 - 4 weeks.

The question I have is this. I am a South African National, married to a USC. Is it likely that I am possibly experiencing longer processing time since I am not a British National?
It's possible that they HAVE booked your interview, but that you haven't received it in the post yet. I haven't received ours yet and they posted it on Monday. I felt the same way as I have seen people with medicals after us and interviews before us, so I know how you feel.

The only reason we got our interview date via email was because we called that expensive number and they gave us a code to put in an email subject line. They then gave us the interview date via email and said that the letter was posted that day.

I believe they do things in batches, which is why some people get interview dates before others even though they did everything before. It's frustrating because no one knows what their process is.

If the guy on the phone told you then I'm sure you'll hear back very soon! Good luck!
Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

I know we're all looking forward to the end of this process but you should bare in mind there are people (myself included) who filed back in Jan and have only just received case numbers in the past few weeks.
We will all get there in the end and as difficult as patience is...this is a waiting game.

Once you've done your medical and your forms have been received, there isn't anything else you can do. And they know when you would like to travel from your cover letter and by everything I've read they try to accomodate that.

Good luck to us all
Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Yes we will all get there in the end and I'm sure it will be worth the wait
Old Jul 27th 2011, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Kupo is an unknown quantity at this point

Just checked my bank account today and they took the $420 for my I-130!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I havent gotten an email confirming they received the petition or anything, but at least they took the money out, so that says someone has looked at it. Fingers crossed now and now the looooong wait for them to give me the I-130 approval
Old Jul 27th 2011, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

bignije is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,
We filed our I-130 in London on March 18th. We still haven't heard anything so gave them a call to find out what was up. We were told our case was under review and they were waiting for my 'A File' to come from the U.S.
Anyone got any experience of this, or any idea how much of a delay this will cause?
Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.