Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

ismo220 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by kathryn79
It is DCF and filed in London. Why would they not take payment? I'm confused now...
Don't worry Kathryn, they do take money from your account after you have filed the I-130. I paid ours via bank draft, I take it you used a credit card?

You have to pay for the I-130 processing via DCF and for the interview.

Last edited by ismo220; Jul 22nd 2011 at 10:19 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:20 am
Just Joined

kathryn79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ismo220
Don't worry Kathryn, they do take money from your account after you have filed the I-130. I paid ours via bank draft, I take it you used a credit card?

You have to pay for the I-130 processing via DCF and for the interview.
Whew. Okay, thanks. Yes, indeed I paid via credit card. Just don't want to mess anything up, clearly.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

What would happen if once the DS230 is filled out and returned and you didnt put your USC name in DS203 part II where is says name and address of petitioner?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by oliver22
What would happen if once the DS230 is filled out and returned and you didnt put your USC name in DS203 part II where is says name and address of petitioner?
Oliver, did you put the UKC details as the petitioners details?
I've no idea I'm afraid
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

If you have done a DCF filing, I imagine it won't matter much. You bring the DS230 Part II with you to the interview and you have to sign it in front of a witness. So you could just bring a properly filled out Part II, or they may just ask you to finish filling it in at the embassy.

You can give them a call and ask. If they have updated their system with your information then they will be able to tell you if you are missing anything.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice idea ISMo, will do that, looking forward to my medical next week, finally some progress
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Amazingly, the officer will have a really neat device known as a "red pen" which he will use to make corrections.

Ian
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 3:49 pm
Lisa

Lisa A Burrows is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Amazingly, the officer will have a really neat device known as a "red pen" which he will use to make corrections.

Ian
LOLOLOL

That is funny, I initially filled out the ds230 pt 1 as it was for me (the USC) then the next day it dawned on me that it was supposed to be filled out by my UKC doh!

Ohwell, good reading folks, thanks for that!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

little-evo is an unknown quantity at this point

Well after a slight glitch the I-130 has been posted to the Embassy today, here's looking forward to the adventure!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by little-evo
Well after a slight glitch the I-130 has been posted to the Embassy today, here's looking forward to the adventure!
woohoo
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

little-evo is an unknown quantity at this point

Woohoo indeed, although we do know it is very much a long winded process we are very excited to taking the 1st small steps in relocating back to the US...Is Christmas a bit of a dream time to be back or are we looking further into 2012?

Just excited that is all-lol
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by little-evo
Woohoo indeed, although we do know it is very much a long winded process we are very excited to taking the 1st small steps in relocating back to the US...Is Christmas a bit of a dream time to be back or are we looking further into 2012?

Just excited that is all-lol
unfortunately id say its a bit of a dream, if you are just now filing, you are prob looking at end jan at the earliest, but shall possibly be feb/march. However the embassy is quieter in the winter months so perhaps you might get lucky
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

whateye is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a bit of an update to our timeline...

Filed with lawyer Feb 11
Notice Received Feb 15
Petition approved June 6
Notified of petition approval June 27
Medical July 14

No word yet on interview... But flights are booked for august 8th so it looks like we'll be buying another flight back in a few weeks ( or months).

Cargo was shipped 2 weeks ago by sea.
Dog booked for flight last week of september ( she is a French bulldog so she can't fly between may 15-sep 15).

-Brittany
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

betty13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! I got my case number in the mail today (happy!) and booked medical visit for August 3rd. Do you think there is any chance that I can have my interview before September 1st???

My timeline:
i-130 sent: March 2nd
i-130 filed: March 10th
i-130 approved: June 20th
i-130 letter received: July 7th
case number date: July 19th
case number received: July 22th
medical visit: August 3rd
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Shadow, any ideas how long after the medical the interviews are generally in london?
At the moment, the embassy is saying that from the receipt of your DS230 and DS2001 and the medical information that you will have to wait around 2-4 weeks before you are given your interview date. From then it could be another month before your actual interview.

They are running a big behind at the moment. They have had all of our stuff in the system for 4 weeks now and still do not have an interview date for us.

So nothing is really set in stone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.