Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jul 14th 2011, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

whitebear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Arrived at medical very flustered. Signal problems at Stowmarket delayed the trains, then couldn't figure out where Marlebone Lane/Street whatever was, since the map only shows roads on one side of Oxford St. Wasted 5 mins looking for a road that was on the map, then - having not put on glasses - presented myself at 4 Bentinck Street instead of 4 Bentinck Mansions. Also, most people in Oxford Street have no appointments to go to, and just get in the way of those that do.

Got to Reception on the dot of my appointment time, then discovered I'd left my Police Cert behind. Anyway, staff were lovely and said I could scan it and send it by email.

Entered waiting room and there were lots of people in there. Seating comprises 2 x 3 seater leather sofas, and about 6 x single more upright leather chairs.

Asked to complete a questionnaire which basically covered nearly all the things that were asked on the questionnaire in the pack, perhaps a few more. Handed that back and waited. People were being called in and out and they would disappear for maybe 5 minutes then return. Then get called again, a bit longer this time. Then found I was on my own.

First call was for a chest x-ray, very quick and easy. Shirt back on and into the waiting room.

Then medical, asked all the questions on the two questionnaires again, weight and height measured, simple eye chart test, then physical exam, blood pressure and blood sample. Being older than most people doing this, I didn't need any shots, but I assume this is what happens next. However, I just had to pay and find my way home.

There was certainly no running around in gowns as a previous applicant has described. Maybe they do that at the other centre. As far as time is concerned from appointment time to catching train at Liverpool Street was slightly under 2 hours. That includes 7 stops on the underground.

Hope this is of interest.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by whitebear

There was certainly no running around in gowns as a previous applicant has described. Maybe they do that at the other centre. As far as time is concerned from appointment time to catching train at Liverpool Street was slightly under 2 hours. That includes 7 stops on the underground.

Hope this is of interest.
I had mine at bentinct mansions too and had to wear the robe. Perhaps that is just for women. Because we have to strip off on top completely so need to cover up more? I dunno :P
Old Jul 15th 2011, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

k240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nice

I had to wear a gown and wait in the ladies waiting room with it on, so yes I would agree it sounds like the ladies have a slightly different requirement, although nothing difficult or to worry about...
Old Jul 15th 2011, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

whitebear is an unknown quantity at this point

It is a little strange. There were several ladies present, and none of them wore gowns in my presence. Maybe they missed the laundry collection and ran out.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Originally Posted by whitebear
It is a little strange. There were several ladies present, and none of them wore gowns in my presence. Maybe they missed the laundry collection and ran out.
Remember the bit when you were on your own? That's probably when they were all in the back running around in gowns!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Received my case number in the mail today. So now to book the medical!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
Received my case number in the mail today. So now to book the medical!
I am so glad to hear! That is great! Send in your DS 230 and 2001 ASAP and get that medical booked - you might get an early medical if you let them know you would like a cancellation ! It will be done and dusted before you know it!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

LadyElysium is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm all done! Had my interview on Monday, my visa arrived in the mail yesterday! My flight is booked for next Saturday! HOORAY!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

k240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nice

Wow congratulations! It must feel amazing to finally book that flight! How was the interview?
Old Jul 15th 2011, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

LadyElysium is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by k240604
Wow congratulations! It must feel amazing to finally book that flight! How was the interview?
I was nervous, but it was over and done with in under 2hrs and I was back home & drinking a celebratory cup of tea by 10.30am! Everyone was polite, efficient and I ended up bringing waaaaaaaaay more evidence than was actually required. I had my paperwork 'interview' done and dusted within 10mins for entering the Embassy and enjoyed a choccy bar while I waited for the 2nd half to happen. About 30mins later I was called for my interview.

The questions I got were:

- How did you meet
- When did you get married
- What does your husband do in the US?
- What do you plan to do?
- When are you flying out there?

The interview side took <1.30min and she was such a lovely bubbly American lady that I felt completely at ease the second she said hello to me. She also said my husband owes me a dinner (we've just had our 2nd wedding anniversary), which was quite funny!

The one thing that did suck though was meeting Hugh Laurie there and being unable to take a photo together because all electronics were not allowed. ARGH!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Well it sounds like it was a nice easy experience for you - I'm glad and very pleased for you, and wish you all the best in the U.S!

I really hope I'm not too far behind....just waiting for that letter with an interview date in now......
Old Jul 15th 2011, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LadyElysium
I was nervous, but it was over and done with in under 2hrs and I was back home & drinking a celebratory cup of tea by 10.30am! Everyone was polite, efficient and I ended up bringing waaaaaaaaay more evidence than was actually required. I had my paperwork 'interview' done and dusted within 10mins for entering the Embassy and enjoyed a choccy bar while I waited for the 2nd half to happen. About 30mins later I was called for my interview.

The questions I got were:

- How did you meet
- When did you get married
- What does your husband do in the US?
- What do you plan to do?
- When are you flying out there?

The interview side took <1.30min and she was such a lovely bubbly American lady that I felt completely at ease the second she said hello to me. She also said my husband owes me a dinner (we've just had our 2nd wedding anniversary), which was quite funny!

The one thing that did suck though was meeting Hugh Laurie there and being unable to take a photo together because all electronics were not allowed. ARGH!
haha thats awesome. what was he like? Ive heard from other people who have met him SAY he can be quite rude, and doesnt like being hassled in public but it probably depends on his mood i guess lol!

Sounds like yours went so well, hope mine goes as well. 9 days now. ARGH !
Old Jul 16th 2011, 8:58 am
Lisa

Lisa A Burrows is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shadowmeister
I am so glad to hear! That is great! Send in your DS 230 and 2001 ASAP and get that medical booked - you might get an early medical if you let them know you would like a cancellation ! It will be done and dusted before you know it!
I just got my case number in the mail and in it they asked for the DS part 1 and the DS 2001, the check list and the DS 230 part 2, we were told by the embassy on the phone to only send in the Ds 230 part 1, and ds 2001 and the check list which is what I sent in does anyone know if I should send in the DS 230 part 2 or just bring it with us to the interview (we are waiting for our appt)? Congrats to those moving on up in the process, it is getting exciting as we are all getting closer to the end result!!!!
Old Jul 16th 2011, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lisa A Burrows
I just got my case number in the mail and in it they asked for the DS part 1 and the DS 2001, the check list and the DS 230 part 2, we were told by the embassy on the phone to only send in the Ds 230 part 1, and ds 2001 and the check list which is what I sent in does anyone know if I should send in the DS 230 part 2 or just bring it with us to the interview (we are waiting for our appt)? Congrats to those moving on up in the process, it is getting exciting as we are all getting closer to the end result!!!!
On the case number letter it says: An appointment for your visa interview will not be scheduled unless we are in receipt of forms, DS-230 Part I/II, checklist DS-2001, and received the results of your medical examination.

So I would send in part II and maybe take a copy with you as well, just in case. But if I remember correctly, others sent all three forms in together.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
On the case number letter it says: An appointment for your visa interview will not be scheduled unless we are in receipt of forms, DS-230 Part I/II, checklist DS-2001, and received the results of your medical examination.

So I would send in part II and maybe take a copy with you as well, just in case. But if I remember correctly, others sent all three forms in together.
My husband sent in part I and part II and DS 2001 but just do not sign part II !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.