Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jun 25th 2011, 7:28 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by LadyElysium
Gosh, aren't you helpful.
Seriously?

I wonder if people think this site is some sort of official help site or something, that users here are obligated to .. what, do all the legwork? There is something to be said for making a bit of effort for oneself. This is a site we've found helpful in the past: http://lmgtfy.com/

In addition, the poster didn't indicate which preference category is on the letter, preferring that we ask for it? Is is the responsibility of people who do know, to tease every variable from the question asker?

This forum is extremely helpful. Ian is a helpful poster. You might want to refer to the link in my signature for more information.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

LadyElysium is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Seriously?

I wonder if people think this site is some sort of official help site or something, that users here are obligated to .. what, do all the legwork? There is something to be said for making a bit of effort for oneself. This is a site we've found helpful in the past: http://lmgtfy.com/

In addition, the poster didn't indicate which preference category is on the letter, preferring that we ask for it? Is is the responsibility of people who do know, to tease every variable from the question asker?

This forum is extremely helpful. Ian is a helpful poster. You might want to refer to the link in my signature for more information.
If you're not going to help, why bother responding to a question at all? If you're that annoyed by people whose Googlefu is not as good as others, surely skipping over their threads/post/queries is the more adult thing to do? But then I guess the key word here is 'adult' and this is the internet.

Oh to be a keyboard warrior~~
Old Jun 25th 2011, 10:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

If you're not going to help, why bother responding to a question at all? If you're that annoyed by people whose Googlefu is not as good as others, surely skipping over their threads/post/queries is the more adult thing to do? But then I guess the key word here is 'adult' and this is the internet.

Oh to be a keyboard warrior~~
But it *is* help. He answered the question. If the person wants to know more, they should give more information and say that they can't find the answer.
This sort of answer helps people understand that they have some work to do, that answers are within their reach. IF they put their arm out a bit.

This group has always been a learning exercise. It is not hear to spoon feed educated, native English speakers with a computer at their fingertips. Googling the phrase in question requires little effort and returns all the results needed.

Why are you bothering to defend the person who asked the question, without offering the answer yourself? Aren't you guilty of the same sort of keyboard warrioring?
Old Jun 25th 2011, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Psychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nice

Im not wishing to get involved with any argument but as someone who is going through the DCF process I would like to say that in my experience on this website I have found that I have always received great advise from both people who are going through the same experience as I am and also the more experienced campaigners. At the end of the day anyone on this site will help you to the best of their ability on the condition that you help yourself first. I may yet find in this process issues that I can not remedy myself and cannot find an answer to but I need to do my utmost to find the answer before asking others. Once you have done all you can do THEN you can ask whatever it is you need to know, but as Meauxna pointed out, the people here aren't here to spoon feed you.

And, for the record, the preference category refers to the type of visa you are applying for - at least that is my understanding. E.G. my letter states that I am applying for the IR-1 Visa.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Gerber will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes.

Ian
lol...I was just thinking out loud. I figured it out soon thereafter.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Gerber will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Psychosleftpeg
And, for the record, the preference category refers to the type of visa you are applying for - at least that is my understanding. E.G. my letter states that I am applying for the IR-1 Visa.
Thanks...I guess I was so happy to receive the letter that I just posted before looking that part up. In general, though, I think I have researched most of my answers here prior to asking.

No harm in asking, though...
Old Jun 26th 2011, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

If you're not going to help, why bother responding to a question at all?
He did not ask what the significance was... he asked only whether or not it was significant. It was a simple yes/no question. I answered correctly. If that's not enough for you, that's your problem... don't make it mine!

Ian
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:40 am
Just Joined

robandk is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, so back to the good news:

I got my case number today, via email from LondonConsular after chasing them via email last week.

My timeline so far has been:
Feb 3 filed I-130
June 1 notice of petition approval (via email)
June 27 case number received

"All/good things come to s/he who waits..."

Yay! On to book the medical.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Originally Posted by robandk
OK, so back to the good news:

I got my case number today, via email from LondonConsular after chasing them via email last week.

My timeline so far has been:
Feb 3 filed I-130
June 1 notice of petition approval (via email)
June 27 case number received

"All/good things come to s/he who waits..."

Yay! On to book the medical.
That's great! from where we are that is pretty quick all in all. we filed in dec and didnt hear anything until may - 5 months. hope it continues to move forward quickly for you!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

betty13 is an unknown quantity at this point

At the beginning of March 2011, my husband filed an I-130 petition for Alien Relative on my behalf at the USCIS Field Office in London. The application was filed on March 10th. I saw that today the USCIS London is processing applications filed on March 11. Do you know when we should receive the answer? Will it be by mail only or also by e-mail? I am asking this because we received mail on Saturday (2 letters addressed one to him, one to me), we weren't at home and when we went to collect it today, we found out that our mail is maybe lost...
Old Jun 27th 2011, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betty13
I am asking this because we received mail on Saturday (2 letters addressed one to him, one to me), we weren't at home and when we went to collect it today, we found out that our mail is maybe lost...
This is confusing... if you received mail on Saturday and know what it is, how then is it lost?

Ian
Old Jun 27th 2011, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

I don't know what the mail was, I just know that it was addressed one to my husband, one to me and it was too big for our mail box (which is really tiny). Now I am worried it was from the USCIS London...
Old Jun 27th 2011, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by betty13
I don't know what the mail was, I just know that it was addressed one to my husband, one to me and it was too big for our mail box (which is really tiny).
Please forgive me if I sound particularly dumb this morning... but how do you know the mail was something for you and something for your husband if you never actually saw it? Did the mailperson leave you a note?

Now I am worried it was from the USCIS London...
What would you normally do if a package was too big for your mailbox? Perhaps it takes more than a day or so to get a package back to the post office.

Ian
Old Jun 27th 2011, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

The postman left a notice with the details on the mail. Maybe you are right, we went to collect it too soon. Which ever the case, I still wonder how will we get the answer from USCIS London, by mail, by e-mail, or both?
Old Jun 27th 2011, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Betty, could be too soon, I filed mid Jan and am still waiting to get a letter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.