Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by robandk
Hi all,

Just an update to add to the group: I filed Feb 3, got an email confirmation of petition being approved on June 1 and was told that I would get a case # within the week, but no written confirmation or case number yet...I have emailed USCIS and LondonConsular, who both say it could be a further couple of weeks. Ho hum. Left hand doesn't seem to know what the right is up to as far as I can see.

Still waiting...
Rob
The email you quoted said "should receive", not "will receive".
Also, that message was from USCIS, who aren't part of assigning you a Consular case number. Perhaps they were trying to be helpful in replying to you.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

LadyElysium is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just an update to add to the group: I filed Feb 3, got an email confirmation of petition being approved on June 1 and was told that I would get a case # within the week, but no written confirmation or case number yet...I have emailed USCIS and LondonConsular, who both say it could be a further couple of weeks. Ho hum. Left hand doesn't seem to know what the right is up to as far as I can see.

Still waiting...
Rob
It took me 3 weeks to hear from the IV Unit about my case number from when I got my approval from USCIS. It's pretty normal really. You no longer need to contact USCIS though, you're done and dusted with them.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 10:36 am
Just Joined

robandk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LadyElysium
It took me 3 weeks to hear from the IV Unit about my case number from when I got my approval from USCIS. It's pretty normal really. You no longer need to contact USCIS though, you're done and dusted with them.
Point taken - but I wasn't expecting it to be a quick turnaround until USCIS indicated it would be sooner. In fact, I got a more recent email from them:

The Immigrant Visa Unit from the Department of State will mail your spouse his case number and specific instructions within three weeks of approval of your application
So, I guess it wouldn't have bothered me if I didn't get different info from different sources. Consular at London said within 4 weeks of approval. I'd rather have less information than get hopes up unneccessarily based on what they do communicate! I'm roughly on track with others' timelines, so just hanging in here...
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Consular at London said within 4 weeks of approval.
As long as you understand that both "3 weeks" and "4 weeks" are probably inaccurate, you'll be fine!

Ian
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

whateye is an unknown quantity at this point

Filed with lawyer (to make sure we were as fast as possible) Feb 11
Notice Received Feb 15
Petition approved June 6

only know about the petition approval through emailing June 20th. No paperwork from either side yet. Not a happy household until this is sorted as moving date is VERY QUICKLY approaching! Paperwork, certificates etc. are all sorted...just need that pesky case number.

-Brittany
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

k240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nicek240604 is just really nice

Fingers crossed for you Brittany - hope you hear soon
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

robandk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
As long as you understand that both "3 weeks" and "4 weeks" are probably inaccurate, you'll be fine!

Ian
Exactly
Old Jun 24th 2011, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Tracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really nice

Good Morning Folks,

Just opened my post and received my self-addressed stamped envelope back from the USCIS. Inside was the letter of "Notice Of Approval Of Relative Immigrant Visa Petition". Just thought I would post a little info regarding the letter. This is only to state that we have now been forwarded to the Consular Office in London and will hear back from them within 3 weeks of the date of Approval (June 8th). According to the London Embassy website as of June 23, 2011 they are processing petitions filed on March 01, 2011. As you can see there is no case number as this will come from the Embassy in the next step of our process. So one could assume but I won't is that we will hear back from London by mid next week. Not holding breath and will take everything in stride as it comes, afterall we are dealing with Governments and everything is at their pace. .

Just an added tidbit, it is very easy to obtain your IRS transcripts for the years required from this link. I did it and it was rather a quick turnaround, within 2 weeks I had them in my hand.

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/artic...html?portlet=4

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
American Embassy-London P.O. Box 2444 London Wl A 5WT

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

NOTICE OF APPROVAL OF RELATIVE IMMIGRANT VISA PETITION
Date: June 23, 2011

NAME AND ADDRESS OF PETITIONER
xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NAME OF BENEFICIARY xxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
CLASSIFICATION 201(b) Spouse
DATE PETITION FILED March 3, 2011
FILE NUMBER A
DATE OF APPROVAL OF PETITION
June 8, 2011

The visa petition you filed has been approved. The beneficiary for whom you filed has been given the appropriate classification. The approval constitutes no assurance that the beneficiary will be found eligible for visa issuance, admission to the United States or adjustment to lawful permanent resident status. Eligibility for visa issuance is determined only when application therefore is made to a consular officer; eligibility for admission or adjustment is determined only when application therefore is made to an immigration officer. Also, please note the items below which are indicated by "X" marks concerning this petition.

1.[X] YOUR PETITION TO CLASSIFY THE BENEFICIARY AS AN IMMEDIATE RELATIVE OF A UNITED STATES CITIZEN HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO THE UNITED STATES
CONSULATE AT London. UK . THIS COMPLETES ALL ACTION BY THIS SERVICE ON THE PETITION. THE UNITED STATES CONSULATE, WHICH IS UNDER THE SUPERVISION
Of THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE, WILL ADVISE THE BENEFICIARY IN WRITING WITHIN THREE WEEKS OF THE DATE OF THIS APPROVAL CONCERNING THE NEXT STEP OF THE PROCESS AND ISSUANCE OF THE IMMIGRANT VISA. ANY INQUIRIES YOU MAY HAVE CONCERNING THE NEXT STEP IN THE PROCESSING SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE U.S. CONSULATE AT THE FOLLOWING NUMBER: 09042 450 100.

Last edited by Tracy_UK; Jun 24th 2011 at 9:19 am. Reason: added info
Old Jun 24th 2011, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

oliver22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mid week next week may be optimistic, I filed my visa Jan 14th, was emailed approval 2 weeks ago and still waiting for a case number
Old Jun 24th 2011, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Tracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really niceTracy_UK is just really nice

Oliver22, I hope you hear something soon then.

Of course, I know that. Every situation is different, everyones circumstances are different. I was just relaying what my letter stated so that others may have an idea of what the letter said and the wording they provided. From my letter it said I would hear within 3 weeks of the approval date of petition which was June 8th which would make it the 29th June that I would hear something from the IV. In reality since we are dealing with the Government it will take longer, but one never knows.
I have patience, as I'm not in any desperate situation like so many others may be that come here. I feel for so many that are separated from the loved ones. I have a plan/idea and will be sticking to it. Not hurrying anything up out of desperation, as in my opinion the more money we can save whilst still in the UK will be so much the better for us for our move to the US when that time comes, approximately Feb-April 2012.

So, in the meantime I will be waiting patiently here with my broken ankle/torn ligaments from an accident at work as a postwoman, enjoying the beautiful UK weather indoors as I bloody can't get outdoors with this yucky cast on.

Cheers,
Old Jun 24th 2011, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Psychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nice

Hi, got an update

Today I received confirmation that my wife's I-130 petition has been approved, all with case number (LDN number) included so I can book my medical. Very very happy. I haven't received email confirmation yet but I don't think it'll be necessary now.

So my updated time line is:

Application filed - Feb 8th 2011
Confirmation that I-130 had been accepted - June 24th 2011

I have noticed recently people asking what to do if they change address while the I-130 is waiting to be looked at. Well, we changed address about 1 month ago and sent in a letter to the embassy letting them know the correct address and sent in a new self address envelope. We also re-directed our mail. In the end the embassy must not have seen our letter because they sent it to the original address but thankfully they use Royal Mail so we got it anyway, just a day later.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Psychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nice

Further to what I posted above...

When we received the confirmation letter yesterday it wasnt actually delivered in the self address envelope. I found that a little strange but probably insignificant.

Just thought I should let people know
Old Jun 25th 2011, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Gerber will become famous soon enough

We received my DH's approval and case number yesterday also (we filed back in early February).

Under his case number is a preference category?? Any significance?

Medical is booked 2 weeks from now...thank goodness.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 6:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gerber
Under his case number is a preference category?? Any significance?
Yes.

Ian
Old Jun 25th 2011, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

LadyElysium is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes.

Ian
Gosh, aren't you helpful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.