Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jun 29th 2012, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!
Ryan NI will become famous soon enoughRyan NI will become famous soon enough
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

VISA APPROVED!!!!!!

Interview was 8am out the door at 8.45am!!!!

My Interview experince.

Stay in The Leisure Inn. Room the size of a cupboard but for 50 quid I can't complain. Wouldn't recommend it to familys or anyone used to the finer things in life.

Left there at 7am, said my goodbyes to the cockroach and dandered down to Goulds via Hyde Park. Took about 25 mins. Checked in phone and joined the queue outside the Embassy. Showed my letter and passport and was given bag for belt, watch, wallet etc. Went through security and up into building, got my number and was seated for about 7.55am. Started to read book and after a couple of pages was called to window 1. Lovely middle aged English guy. Took my passport and photos and sent me round to window 12 to pay.

It wasn't open yet so went back around to him and he said he would look through all my doc's 1st. Was a little nervous about 1-864 but everything grand. Gave him my wife's i-864, he had a quick scan, noticed she didn't earn enough and ask for joint sponser straight away. I had joint sponser and household member forms with me but just gave him the joint. Looked through them and accompanying docs (tax returns, salary etc). My heart jumped when he asked for my MIL's prove of US citizenship, but it was stuck to another page so panic over!! Then asked for my wife's intent to domicile. We had a lease, resignation letter, brochure for renting our house, closed bank account details and her current US driving license which she had renewed the last time she was there. He then sent me round to pay, which was straight forward. He then gave me a courier form to fill out and said go and wait to be called up to window 15 or 16. It was now 8.25am.

Went and got a coffee and chicken sandwich and had barely finished the last bite when my number was called again to go to window 15. It was now 8.35am. Here I met a young American guy who gave me back my birth, marriage certs etc, took the oath, signed part 2 and then asked me some questions. 'Why are we moving?', 'Who or where will we live?' and 'Has our son an American passport?' Answered everything as honestly as possible. He then said everything seems to be in order and I'm happy to approve your visa!!!!!

Went over to courier and gave in form. The guy asked had I been to both windows? (Implying I was out very quick) I was like, 'Yeah I thought it would've taken longer as well!!!' Paid the fee and he said passport and envelope would be with me end of next week, start of the week after and that was it.

Oh almost forgot, the 1st guy at window 1 said, 'If approved I had until the 9th Nov to move.' This is not 6 months but we had planned to move on they 6/7th anyway.

That's all I can remember at the minute but if anyone has any questions about the interview just ask.

Thanks so much for everyones advice. I know it's been said before but this really is a great site and I couldn't or it would've been much more difficult without the help I received!!

Going to go a for a celebratory pint, then catch my flight this afternoon and start planning our move to the States!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Denise and Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Really pleased for you Ryan Wishing you all the best for your future

Dan
Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice

[QUOTE=Ryan NI;10145634]VISA APPROVED!!!!!!QUOTE]

Congrats!!!! Really pleased for ya!!

One question though...... how was the coffee??? Drinkable?
Old Jun 29th 2012, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

ryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud of

UPDATE!

03/05/12 - Posted I-130's for wife and two munchkins
03/09/12 - Notice of Receipt and a lot of money taken from my credit card
06/06/12 - I-130's approved
06/07/12 - I-130 approval letter
06/29/12 - Case number Received!
07/05/12 - Medical Booked!
Old Jun 29th 2012, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

hi-c is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=
Oh almost forgot, the 1st guy at window 1 said, 'If approved I had until the 9th Nov to move.' This is not 6 months but we had planned to move on they 6/7th anyway.

[/QUOTE]

We were told Nov 30, 6 months from the medical exam. I had always assumed it would be from the date the visa was approved.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

congrats ryan.

easy easy easy.

my visa was with me within 3 working days,was told by the courier 7-10

so hopefully you will get yours end of next week.

Old Jun 29th 2012, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!

[QUOTE=MrsWaring;10145686]
Originally Posted by Ryan NI
VISA APPROVED!!!!!!QUOTE]

Congrats!!!! Really pleased for ya!!

One question though...... how was the coffee??? Drinkable?
It was indeed, it says it's starbucks. I brought it up to my interview at the 2nd window and actually finished it outside!!
Old Jun 29th 2012, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hi-c
We were told Nov 30, 6 months from the medical exam. I had always assumed it would be from the date the visa was approved.
Yeah I thought the same. My medical was on 9th May so it seems they do it 6 months from it and not interview. Thank goodness my medical wasn't any ealier cause my Gran is 100 on the 3rd Nov so wanted to wait til that before we head.

It'll actually be a nice farewell opportunity for us as all the relatives will be there who we don't get to see too often.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

MusicMan71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Visa Approved! <snip>
Congratulations! A good read too, thanks.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 8:46 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I thought the same. My medical was on 9th May so it seems they do it 6 months from it and not interview.
Unless something has changed the visa should be valid for 6 months from its date of issue. See what the valid to date is when you get it.

There is some other proviso I think about valid from when the I-864 was signed, if it was completed some time before, but I maybe talking out my rear end with that. Rene will no doubt know. But it would be useful to others following on to tie it down accurately. My visa (issued 2006) was valid for 6 months from the date of issue, and it has generally been accepted on BE that you have 6 months to use it.

If they have started using the medical date people need to know for planning their moves, house sales etc.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 8:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Unless something has changed the visa should be valid for 6 months from its date of issue. See what the valid to date is when you get it.

There is some other proviso I think about valid from when the I-864 was signed, if it was completed some time before, but I maybe talking out my rear end with that. Rene will no doubt know. But it would be useful to others following on to tie it down accurately. My visa (issued 2006) was valid for 6 months from the date of issue, and it has generally been accepted on BE that you have 6 months to use it.

If they have started using the medical date people need to know for planning their moves, house sales etc.
I agree that I've always seen the visa valid for 6 months from date of issue (except for a few rare cases when they had less than 6 months to use it, but can't recall why now).

But lately, I've seen a couple of cases on here now, where the visa is valid for 6 months from date of medical. I am not sure if this is a new trend or what. It will be interesting to see future approvals.

Rene
Old Jun 29th 2012, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

MusicMan71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I agree that I've always seen the visa valid for 6 months from date of issue (except for a few rare cases when they had less than 6 months to use it, but can't recall why now).

But lately, I've seen a couple of cases on here now, where the visa is valid for 6 months from date of medical. I am not sure if this is a new trend or what. It will be interesting to see future approvals.

Rene
Worth adding to ones timeline for reference maybe?
Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:01 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MusicMan71
Worth adding to ones timeline for reference maybe?
It is, because if they have started taking it from the medical, anyone who has the medical but delays the interview for some reason could give themselves unforeseen problems.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lansbury
It is, because if they have started taking it from the medical, anyone who has the medical but delays the interview for some reason could give themselves unforeseen problems.
Be interesting to see what happens others. I was never given the opportunity to delay my interview as they gave me an interview date without me sending in the DS 2001.

I guess they just really want me!!
Old Jun 29th 2012, 10:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Be interesting to see what happens others. I was never given the opportunity to delay my interview as they gave me an interview date without me sending in the DS 2001.

I guess they just really want me!!
Some people reschedule the interview for a later date, if the original date is not feasible. We don't recommend rescheduling at all, but sometimes people do.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.