Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

[QUOTE=hi-c;10140610]Husband's visa is APPROVED!!

[QUOTE]

Congrats!!!
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ryan NI
Out of curiosity what is the dress code if any at all for the interview?
I think the general consesus is smart casual. ie. jeans and shirt
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:31 am
Just Joined

jennarandhayes is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope, we didn't expedite it. I don't think it makes any difference but my husband had a green card for 20+ years (he still has it). We moved to the UK for 2 years and are re-applying because he has technically "abandoned" status. Maybe the process was faster because he is not a first time applicant? Not sure. I'm sure you will be notified very soon. x

Originally Posted by Emma M
Did you expedite it? My husband filed March 28th and we haven't had anything yet lol!
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:32 am
Just Joined

jennarandhayes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsWaring
Did you file in London?
Yes, we filed in London. x
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!
Ryan NI will become famous soon enoughRyan NI will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MrsWaring
I think the general consesus is smart casual. ie. jeans and shirt
Thanks.

Take it I'll leave this at home then?!!!

Old Jun 27th 2012, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jennarandhayes
Yes, we filed in London. x
WOW that was pretty quick then.. You got yours at the same time as someone who filed 21 March.. Hope mine comes through that quickly! I know of others that have filed end of March and not heard anything yet..

Here's to hoping mine comes through in the next few weeks!!
Old Jun 27th 2012, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks.

Take it I'll leave this at home then?!!!

http://i1.cpcache.com/product/640715...=380&width=380
Yep, might be wise to leave that one at home!!
Old Jun 27th 2012, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

hi-c is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Thanks for this bit of information. Just out of curiosity, did you and your father have a preference for him being a household member v joint sponsor? And if so, what was your preference?

Regards, JEff

We didn't have a preference, I haven't been able to find a job, so have no income, it was all on my dad. We will probably stay with him when we first move, just until we find our own place, so I wasn't sure which one we should fill out.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

GreenWood2006 is an unknown quantity at this point

So I have my medical tomorrow!

It feels good that the process is actually churning along now...

So my timeline thus far goes like this:
- March 9: submitted our I-130
- June 7: received approval letter
- June 13:received letter with case number
- June 14: phoned up docs and booked my Medical
- June 21: sent cover letter, DS-2001 and DS-230 Part I to embassy
- June 28: medical (when I phoned on June 14th they did offer me June 21, but I needed more time to assemble medical documents)

Hope everyone else is doing ok!
Fabienne
Old Jun 27th 2012, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Peter S is an unknown quantity at this point

Hooray! My I-130 approval letter arrived yesterday, filed on the 30th of March. I've been going a little batty the last week or so as the ticker on the embassy website has been stuck for almost a fortnight after a long spell of weekly updates. Just got to wait for the case number to come through now
Old Jun 28th 2012, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!

Have my interview tomorrow at 8am, was looking to be at the Embassy at 7 but I see Gould's is not open to 7.30am (I need to drop my bag, phone etc off). Will I be time enough to start queueing at say 7.35am?
Old Jun 28th 2012, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

hi ryan good luck tommorow

if you walk about 200 yards down south audley street theres audley pharmacy. it says on there door they open at 7 but when i had my interview at 7 13 it wasnt open.i walked across the front of the embassy to north audley and goulds was open it was only 7 20 am.

it takes around 6-7 minutes in goulds to sort everything.

if your staying in a hotel i suggest you ask if you can leave your bag there.it saves the £8 or so as you have to put electronics in a different bag to your main bag so you get two charges.

Old Jun 28th 2012, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Have my interview tomorrow at 8am, was looking to be at the Embassy at 7 but I see Gould's is not open to 7.30am (I need to drop my bag, phone etc off). Will I be time enough to start queueing at say 7.35am?
Good Luck for tomorrow!!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, yeah I'll see if I can leave my bag at the hotel.

Feeling very nervous and have a wee niggling feeling in my stomach but hopefully everything will turn out okay.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:21 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry about what time to queue. As long as you get there, even if after 8am, you are still going to get in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.