Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jun 26th 2012, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!
Ryan NI will become famous soon enoughRyan NI will become famous soon enough
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

We are currently in middle of moving in with my parents before baby no. 2 arrives and so we can get our house rented out and save a wee bit of money before we(hopefully) leave for the US.

I was wondering IF (touch wood, fingers crossed etc etc) I get approved on Friday can I give my parents address for delivery to the courier?
Old Jun 26th 2012, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ryan NI
... can I give my parents address for delivery to the courier?
Yes.

Ian
Old Jun 26th 2012, 2:22 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ryan NI
I was wondering IF (touch wood, fingers crossed etc etc) I get approved on Friday can I give my parents address for delivery to the courier?
Yes. Make sure whoever answers the door at your parents house (if it's not you), has some kind of ID of yours, with your name on it (evidently even a non-photo ID is OK).

Rene
Old Jun 26th 2012, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!

Thanks that good to know.

Had a wee bit of a scare the last week. My passport was due to run out at end of jan, which would mean only 7 months left until it expired. Consequently it wouldn't meet the embassy guidelines (think it is 9 months). Well i was always going to get round to it but when the Embassy sent me through my interview date without me sending in my readiness form, it nearly left me short on time. Anyway sent passport app of first week of June and only got it back today so panic over!!

Might be something to think about for those who may be in a similar situation. The turn around time has increased recently as well due to it being the busy season.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

sanserif is an unknown quantity at this point

Yay!

Submitted I-130 on March 21. Received my approval letter today, June 26 and am now waiting for my case number. I've already got my Italian police records, now _just_ need to get the UK ones, sort out the finances side of things, and fill out all the rest of the forms. Very relieved to have got past the first hurdle.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

hi-c is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Husband's visa is APPROVED!!

His interview was yesterday. We had sent a letter with my info so I could go with him, but I wasn't on the list, so they wouldn't let me in. (does anyone's name ever get on the list when you just send a letter?) The girl said that they keep changing it, it just depends on the day whether security will allow spouses in or not.

His appointment was for 10:00, we got in line at 9:15, he was in by 9:30. He went to the first window at 10:45, all the paperwork was in order, he said the guy seemed happy that it was well organized.
I had put everything in a folder that has about 10 partitions. I put each form with its copy in a separate partition. For the I-864 I had filled out 2, one for if my dad is a household member and one for if he is a joint sponsor (he had filled out the I-864 and the I-864A) I had big labels on them so there wouldn't be any confusion ("use this one if dad is a joint sponsor" etc.) The guy at the window just took the whole folder, took what he needed and gave it back. It looks like they took the one for the joint sponsor.

He went to another window to pay (they wouldn't take his maestro card, but luckily he had taken cash just in case) then back to the first guy with the receipt. He then waited about 90 min (maybe longer) and was called up for the interview. The guy asked him how long we'd been together, when we had met, if there were any issues with our age difference (he is 13 yr older than I am), were we married in a church, are we of different religions and is that an issue, where will we stay in the USA, what will he do for a job. Then he said welcome to the USA

He went in at 9:30 and came out about 1:00. Glad it was nice weather!
Old Jun 26th 2012, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hi-c
Husband's visa is APPROVED!!
Congratulations!! Lovely story!
Old Jun 26th 2012, 8:39 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

We had sent a letter with my info so I could go with him, but I wasn't on the list, so they wouldn't let me in. (does anyone's name ever get on the list when you just send a letter?) The girl said that they keep changing it, it just depends on the day whether security will allow spouses in or not.
Unfortunately the days when a US citizen could get in on production of their passport are gone. The US Citizen Services use the same entrance but they now require an appointment to get in as well.

There have been days, fortunately rare, when even US citizens with their name on the list to go with the visa applicant have been refused. It pays to have a place to meet up in case the US citizen can't get in. Especially those days when the weather is bad. There are several eating places/coffee house near by to wait.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

jennarandhayes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
I filed (an i130) for my husband on April 13th and we received the Notice of Approval letter today! Now we just wait for his case number. In the mean time our daughter and I move back to the U.S. next Wednesday. My husband will accompany us to the States for 10 days before coming back to finish the process. I was just wondering when we should give the embassy notice that I am moving? I am worried that it will delay the process. My husband will still be at the address where we originally filed so he will still receive all of our mail. Would we face any penalties for not changing my address?
Old Jun 26th 2012, 10:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennarandhayes
Hi all,
I filed (an i130) for my husband on April 13th and we received the Notice of Approval letter today! Now we just wait for his case number. In the mean time our daughter and I move back to the U.S. next Wednesday. My husband will accompany us to the States for 10 days before coming back to finish the process. I was just wondering when we should give the embassy notice that I am moving? I am worried that it will delay the process. My husband will still be at the address where we originally filed so he will still receive all of our mail. Would we face any penalties for not changing my address?
No need to notify the US Embassy that you are going back, or are already back, in the USA. Once the I-130 gets filed, you are free to move back to the USA and you don't have to notify anyone. It won't delay the process.

At his visa interview, your husband will mention that you're now back in the USA, so there won't be any issue with "intent to domicile".

Rene
Old Jun 26th 2012, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

jennarandhayes is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! x

Originally Posted by Noorah101
No need to notify the US Embassy that you are going back, or are already back, in the USA. Once the I-130 gets filed, you are free to move back to the USA and you don't have to notify anyone. It won't delay the process.

At his visa interview, your husband will mention that you're now back in the USA, so there won't be any issue with "intent to domicile".

Rene
Old Jun 27th 2012, 3:34 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this bit of information. Just out of curiosity, did you and your father have a preference for him being a household member v joint sponsor? And if so, what was your preference?

Regards, JEff

For the I-864 I had filled out 2, one for if my dad is a household member and one for if he is a joint sponsor (he had filled out the I-864 and the I-864A) I had big labels on them so there wouldn't be any confusion ("use this one if dad is a joint sponsor" etc.) The guy at the window just took the whole folder, took what he needed and gave it back. It looks like they took the one for the joint sponsor.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Did you expedite it? My husband filed March 28th and we haven't had anything yet lol!
Old Jun 27th 2012, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Out of curiosity what is the dress code if any at all for the interview?
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice

Hi all,
I filed (an i130) for my husband on April 13th and we received the Notice of Approval letter today!
Did you file in London?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.