Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Old Jun 10th 2012, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: DCF - I-130 Filing in London. Join In Here!

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Originally Posted by ryanayr

3. Prepare a cover letter for the application and again stress the urgency.

Again, this isn't part of the process, despite what other people post.

Ian
Actually, a cover letter is part of the process (although not for the purpose of trying to get an earlier interview date!)
Old Jun 10th 2012, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!
Ryan NI will become famous soon enoughRyan NI will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JSL8610
Actually, a cover letter is part of the process (although not for the purpose of trying to get an earlier interview date!)

I've only ever seen it mentioned on here. It doesn't mention it on the usembassy list and neither is intent to domicile.

If I wasn't on here, how would I know to bring these things?

What does the cover letter actually include?
Old Jun 10th 2012, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ryan NI
I've only ever seen it mentioned on here. It doesn't mention it on the usembassy list and neither is intent to domicile.

If I wasn't on here, how would I know to bring these things?

What does the cover letter actually include?
Have you followed the links on the embassy website to this page?

I recommend a thorough read of all the pages on the left-hand side if you haven't already read them.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!

Still don't see anything mentioning them.

Here's the list straight from the site of what documents I need for the interview

Document Checklist

Passport:

Birth Certificate:

Adoption Certificate

Name Change Deed Poll

Marriage Certificates

Divorce Decree or Death Certificate

Police Certificates for the United Kingdom

Court and Prison Records

Military Records

Photographs

Evidence of Support (Affidavit of Support)

Translations

Visa Fees

Am I missing something?
Old Jun 10th 2012, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan NI
Still don't see anything mentioning them.

Here's the list straight from the site of what documents I need for the interview

Document Checklist

Passport:

Birth Certificate:

Adoption Certificate

Name Change Deed Poll

Marriage Certificates

Divorce Decree or Death Certificate

Police Certificates for the United Kingdom

Court and Prison Records

Military Records

Photographs

Evidence of Support (Affidavit of Support)

Translations

Visa Fees

Am I missing something?
The link I gave you tells you about the covering letter - not sure how I can make it any easier.

If you click the "I864 affidavit of support" link on the left, followed by the "link for a list of FAQs" on the right you can read about the domicile issue.

Last edited by JSL8610; Jun 10th 2012 at 8:58 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JSL8610
The link I gave you tells you about the covering letter - not sure how I can make it any easier.

If you click the "I864 affidavit of support" link on the left, followed by the "link for a list of FAQs" on the right you can read about the domicile issue.
Got it now James, thanks.

For my wife's intent to domicile we are going to produce information on renting out our current house, letter from her cousin saying we will be renting one of their houses in March 2013 when it becomes available, my wife's application to do her teaching credential back in the US, some shipping quotes, a letter from her mum saying we will be staying there for the 5 months before the other house is ready and my wife's resignation letter from her current job. I would hope this would be enough.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Denise and Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we sent off our I-130 today YAY

Denise's UK Biometrics card arrived today so it was a quick photo copy of that, a final check of all the paperwork and a trip to the Post Office.

Documents sent via special next day delivery

Thanks to everyone for your help and support so far

Now the long wait

Denise & Dan
Old Jun 13th 2012, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

hi-c is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

my husband just got his interview date, June 25th! Things went much faster than we thought they would! Here is our timeline (as close as I can remember!)

Dec 9, 2011- sent I-130 to London (according to USCIS website's instructions- oops!)
everything returned to me a few days later with a new set of instructions attached.
Dec 23?- sent I-130 again.
Jan 9- official filing date.
April 10- Petition approved, husband received his notice within the same week.
May 24- sent in DS-230 and Form 2001 (delay was because despite all my nagging, hubby didn't start getting all his paper work, police cert etc together until after he received his NOA.)
May 28- medical in London.
June 13- Letter with interview date for June 25.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Villers is an unknown quantity at this point

To Dan & Denise: how long did it take to get back Denise's paperwork and passport from the UKBA . I am asking because we applied to extend my spousal UK Visa on 3rd April 2012 and submitted biometric son 28th April. However, we are yet to receive anything back.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Denise and Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Villers
To Dan & Denise: how long did it take to get back Denise's paperwork and passport from the UKBA . I am asking because we applied to extend my spousal UK Visa on 3rd April 2012 and submitted biometric son 28th April. However, we are yet to receive anything back.
Hi Villers, We files in January 2012 and completed Biometrics 28th February 2012.

I was told that you can ask what is happening with your application 14 weeks after Biometrics

I emailed their complaints department under the category " Poor Service " because when you select " I want an update on the progress of an application " it won't let you complain.

I was told when I phoned them that they plan to complete 75% of all applications after Biometrics within 6 weeks.

Good luck with your application.

Dan
Old Jun 14th 2012, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

GreenWood2006 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick update...
Submitted our I-130 March 9th
Received approval letter June 7th
Received letter with case number June 13th
Booked medical for June 28th (although could have done it a week sooner, but decided to delay as the medical documents I need from my surgery are going to take a while)

All good so far!!

Hope everyone's medicals and interviews have gone well...

Fabienne
Old Jun 14th 2012, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

ryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud of

Hello All - does anyone have advice on the best way to accelerate the gap between I-130 approval and case number received?

I remember reading some bits and pieces about calling numbers, emailing, begging! Any advice would be great - we have an accepted I-130 and my company wants me in USA ASAP!
Old Jun 14th 2012, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

GreenWood2006 is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried phoning to get the case file number and had no luck I'm afraid...
But I got the case number letter just 1 week after so didn't have to wait long in the end.
Hope that helps
Fabienne
Old Jun 14th 2012, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

ryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud ofryanayr has much to be proud of

Yes I really like your timings - We filed 9th March and got approval 7th June too! but no case number yet and my wife got spooked as the guys on the phone were telling her some intimidating timelines...
Old Jun 14th 2012, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ryanayr
... and my company wants me in USA ASAP!
If your company wants you in the USA ASAP, perhaps they should be the ones to get this information. It's totally unfair of them to be pressuring you with something over which you have very little, if any, control. Are you sure you want to work for a company that harrasses people in this manner?

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.