Reload this Page >

DCF in France -happy end

Wikiposts

DCF in France -happy end

Old Mar 5th 2004, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

mimitry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DCF in France -happy end

I haven't given any information since last time (almost 1 month). So....

Finally I had no letter from the consulate and I had a hard time to call them directly to have the doctor phone number.

The medical went good, as I only needed 1 shot (MMR), then blood exam and x ray . My son didn't need anything as he has already his Hepatitus B done (the 2 first shot) and no blood test nor xray for children.

The day after we went at the consulate and we stayed a long time outside (20 min , because we had no appointment letter so they had to check with the visa service) but finally they let us go in.

We stayed again a long time inside, waiting, because all the people who had their interview that day were already in and were giving their papers at the windows. But finally we gave ours to a lady who control it and then we had again to wait.
Then we went to another window and have been asked only few questions (how you met, how many time have you gone in USA, etc...). For the affidavit I had to do a second bunch of 60-copies of tax returns as they wanted copies for the affidavit for my son (not easy to do 60 copies at the consulate one at a time , 1 coin at a time ).
We were almost the last ones in the consulate but the lady called us again and gave us our visas !!!

10 minutes after I was at the Air France store to buy our tickets and after that I had a mad mad week for moving all my stuff from my apartment in Paris to my parent's house 400 km apart, stop my job, stop school for my son, say bye bye to my friend, pack 4 big cases and finally we arrive in LA february 12th.
Since then I have some rest with my man !!!!

we received the green cards few days ago and my social security number directly by mail. We applied for a ss number for my son at the ss office and he will begin school on monday (the school here has a special class for non english speaking children).

All is going very well.

myriam
Old Mar 5th 2004, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

mimitry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DCF in France -happy end

I want to add that when we arrive at the airport, at the immigration, we had to sit and wait that they finish to control all the people who were arriving from 2 flights. So it was a little bit hard because my son was very very tired. And they asked to have some more adit pictures (I had some with me so I gave them what I had and they kept all the 4 ).

It took us 2 hours to go out.

myriam
Old Mar 5th 2004, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

soyonszen is an unknown quantity at this point

Salut,
Thanks for sharing your Paris interview.
Wishing you good luck to you and your son with your new life in the U.S.
Best wishes!
Old Mar 5th 2004, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

colinlieu is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for posting your experience Myriam, and thank you so much for your help (I gave your address to the person i talked to you about). The best of luck to your family!

M.