Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all
Default Re: DCF Filing in Dec/Jan 2010/2011

We sent off our I-130 start of dec and received notification it was taken on december 5th.

Payment has been taken and it has been sent onto california.

The wait begins!

Also just got back from a 2 week visit, which was amazing, after not seeing hubby for 6 months it sure was nice <3
Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:34 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishspouse
We sent off our I-130 start of dec and received notification it was taken on december 5th.

Payment has been taken and it has been sent onto california.

The wait begins!

Also just got back from a 2 week visit, which was amazing, after not seeing hubby for 6 months it sure was nice <3
The folks in this thread are living in the UK and have petitioned their spouses under a different method than you're using (which is why they're in a separate thread).

However, as fair warning to all; timeline threads have never worked out well in the past and we'd much rather you were contributing in the forum with everyone else. Note that visa questions will be moved out of this thread when spotted; please use this one to compare notes about when you filed petitions and the landmark dates along your case.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by meauxna
The folks in this thread are living in the UK and have petitioned their spouses under a different method than you're using (which is why they're in a separate thread).

However, as fair warning to all; timeline threads have never worked out well in the past and we'd much rather you were contributing in the forum with everyone else. Note that visa questions will be moved out of this thread when spotted; please use this one to compare notes about when you filed petitions and the landmark dates along your case.
oh, didnt know they were solely UK based

Does anyone every make US based filing threads? Id love to connect with some others who filed at similar time using US based method
Old Jan 8th 2011, 12:41 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishspouse
oh, didnt know they were solely UK based
The "DCF" in the thread title is a dead giveaway!

Ian
Old Jan 9th 2011, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The "DCF" in the thread title is a dead giveaway!

Ian
not sure what it stands for sorry

Nevermind just googled it :P

Last edited by britishspouse; Jan 9th 2011 at 7:01 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all

Originally Posted by joannabanana
Hello everyone. I filed in november but the letter I received having sent in my I-130 stated it had been received and marked as filed on December 9th. I am hoping to get out there for mid May - family wedding that I hope to attend - am I being too optomistic that I might be able to get there in time?
Hello y'all again. still haven't heard anything back but getting all my documents ready - have sent off police request form, got birth certs, etc ready. I have a question about immunization records in prep for the medical - I contacted my dr's office and they have no official record of my immunizations!! they have a form that says I have had all my shots, but no dates or who gave them to me, etc and my dr said he can't sign anything to prove I've had my shots, as he cannot prove it. does anyone have any advice?
Old Jan 12th 2011, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

does anyone have any advice?
You have 2 choices: 1) get titres done for any shots that are required; or 2) just get the shots.

Edit - there's a 3rd choice... go to another doctor.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Jan 12th 2011 at 12:28 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all

What are Titres?
Old Jan 12th 2011, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

BrittanyB is on a distinguished road

Titres are blood tests which show what a person has an immunity for...so if you were vaccinated for mumps, you'd have an immunity for mumps. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Last edited by BrittanyB; Jan 12th 2011 at 12:51 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

What are Titres?
For future reference: Google is your friend.

Ian
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

fanks

I did have a bit of result, the nurse at my practice contacted me back to recommmend contacting my school who had details of the healthcare practice that would come to our school and give some jobs, so partial sucess there. Yay.

Thanks for the info....
Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

katq is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh, they still say they are looking at petitions files 1 October (as of 20 January)....this is soooo slow, what are they doing over there( In the end it might turn out to be quicker to file in USA?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

BrittanyB is on a distinguished road

Yeah I know I saw...I guess in my head I allowed them to be a week or so behind because of christmas/new year, but it DOES seem like they are moving awfully slow compared to what other people have said.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

katq is an unknown quantity at this point

I know...they could have just moved it by 1 week to show some minimal progress at least, but no...it looks like time has stopped completely for them! Ohh, at least I am going to visit my husband in 4 weeks and that keeps me happy for now
Old Jan 21st 2011, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

I just received notification that my application has been received! After all the mess over not meeting the residency requirements I'm glad that we were able to get it all cleared up so quickly. I was expecting the application to be returned again for some other reason but at least now I know they're processing it. I know there is still a long wait ahead but at least now we're in the race xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.